Posted Oct 3, 2011
10:35:11 AM
Roku is the answer!
It's been a while since I've posted here! Way back I wanted a bunch of channels in hd, I got all of them! I had U450, U300, and now have U200! And then I discovered ROKU! You can roku online or at best buy, walmart! Anyway, people upset over Nhl? You can get the NHL on Roku! You want Bbc world news, aljazeera? You can get for free on ROKU! You love MLS, you can get on Roku! Ufc, on Roku! And you get netflix, huluplus, amazon movies! With the new roku you can play angry birds on your tv!

Roku is the answer!

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:41:53 AM
(0)
Mentor
Sorry, I ate you can get!

Re: Roku is the answer!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:43:56 AM
(0)
Mentor
Also, you have Epix on Roku! Pandora, last.fm, mog! A bunch of other news channels from france, germany, russia! A bunch of arab channels, spanish channels!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:46:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
Rokus are cheap! There's also google tv which is awesome! Just remember you probably will need faster internet speeds! I have u200 with hd, and 12 Mbps internet!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:50:39 AM
(0)
Mentor
And roku is 720p hd, but netflix comes in 1080i hd on roku, the high end roku supports 5.1 surround sound! So epix, nhl, are all in hd! There are a bunch of other channels you can get on roku! It's your choice! Let me warn you the nhl and mls channels you pay a subscription, like netflix and huluplus!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:55:34 AM
(0)
Mentor
And the nasa channel in hd is free on roku!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:56:31 AM
(0)
Mentor
The jewelry channel is in hd on roku, the opposite of uverse!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 10:57:20 AM
(0)
Mentor
Cnn international is free on roku

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 11:08:53 AM
(0)
Expert
What's the name of this box again?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 11:37:00 AM
(0)
Mentor
Funny! I just thought that people are complaining that their channels are not on uverse, or it was dropped, that they have alternatives and still keep uverse! Uverse has all the channels I want and then some, and I got the roku and google tv, because they were cheap, and discovered a bunch of stuff! I don't watch the nhl, but someone out there watches it, and it's upset it was dropped, they can get the roku for that, and keep uverse! I love uverse!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 11:42:57 AM
(0)
Professor

I have had one for a year It is nice but I cannot see usuuuueint it as my only content provider

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 11:58:13 AM
(0)
Mentor
Roku is a complement to uverse! I use roku, google tv with uverse! You can't use roku alone, first you need internet from uverse, than there not enough programmimg on roku to cut the cord! There's no local news, children channels, live events/sports (depends if you get mls, nhl, ufc on roku)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2011 2:43:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

Bastosbrian wrote:
Roku is a complement to uverse! I use roku, google tv with uverse! You can't use roku alone, first you need internet from uverse, than there not enough programmimg on roku to cut the cord! There's no local news, children channels, live events/sports (depends if you get mls, nhl, ufc on roku)

GET A OTA ANTENNA FOR NETWORK TELEVISION AND OTHER LOCAL CHANNELS. IF YOU WANT TO RECORD, BUY A TV TUNER TO PLUG INTO YOUR NETWORK OR PC AND YOU DONT NEED TO PLAY ANY MORE CABLE GAMES. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2011 1:20:47 PM
(0)
Professor

CTEL08 wrote:

Bastosbrian wrote:

GET A OTA ANTENNA FOR NETWORK TELEVISION AND OTHER LOCAL CHANNELS. IF YOU WANT TO RECORD, BUY A TV TUNER TO PLUG INTO YOUR NETWORK OR PC AND YOU DONT NEED TO PLAY ANY MORE CABLE GAMES. 

AND CERTAINLY STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IT IS REALLY HARD TO READ, QUITE ANNOYING ON THE EYES, AND IS THE ONLINE EQUIVALENT TO SHOUTING!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2011 1:42:06 PM
(0)
Professor
So Bastosbrian, are you selling them? If you have not taken notice, this is a forum about ATT's U-Verse service. If you want to talk about Roku, there are the forums at either avsforum.com or roku.com.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2011 1:43:55 PM
(0)
Professor
shoe, we have one in our bedroom, but rarely use it. I use the Blu-ray more out in the Living Room, than I do the roku. We just use it, when the wife & I want to watch something on netflix, while laying in bed.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2011 7:13:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

kryptonite wrote:

....STOP .......

THIS IS EXCELLENT ADVICE FOR THE NEXT TIME YOURE ABOUT TO POST YOUR OFF TOPIC OPINIONS. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2011 7:45:46 PM
(0)

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013 6:59:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have Roku, I love it.  I discovered after my EPIX 2 week trial was over I could no longer watch EPIX content on Roku because UVerse doesn't carry EPIX channel.  What is EPIX thinking?  That's just nuts!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013 9:39:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

must...buy...Roku....

Actually, I just discovered that, apparently, Sony is now out of the internet TV box business, so I am looking for a replacement for my N100...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013 10:07:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

That Don Guy wrote:

must...buy...Roku....

Actually, I just discovered that, apparently, Sony is now out of the internet TV box business, so I am looking for a replacement for my N100...

WOW!  Never knew that Sony was in that business.  That, unfortunately is Sony's MO.  They develop a GREAT series of products and then gets out.  They did that with a line of HD Radio tuners.  They were the best FM tuner.  Ever.  They resisted overload.  They were very sensitive and selective.  They rivaled $800 Denon tuners yet they only cost about $129.  One day Sony stopped making them.  Got one at Fry's on closeout for $70.  They now fetch $300+ on eBay.

Back to the streaming TV box market - EVERYONE seems to make one, so I shoulda known that Sony did.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 14, 2013 3:10:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
IBTL?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.