Posted Sep 12, 2012
Request for new channel

DISH has just added BlazeTV to their 250 tier. I would like to see AT&T add it to their 200 or 300 tier selections. We need added diversity of political opinion and news from which to choose.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-12-2012 10:47:29 AM
(0)

seegreen1 wrote:

I have requested that AT&T carry "BlazeTV". I will give them 60 days to get it done, After that I'm OUT and on my way to another company who does carry it.

There is no need to make threats to AT&T. If you want to watch The Blaze, you will need to switch to Dish Network. It is the only television provider that will carry that channel.

According to Wikipedia, "TheBlaze is a conservative news and opinion website and Internet television network owned by American media personality and former CNN Headline News and Fox News host Glenn Beck's Mercury Radio Arts."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheBlaze

However, according to The Blaze web site: "Partnering with DISH Network, Glenn Beck’s online 24-hour news, information and entertainment network will now be available on television exclusively on DISH, joining a host of channels including MSNBC, BBC America, CNN, Current, Comedy Central and FOX News."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nr-dish/

I hope that you are not a one and done, one post wonder, and will come back to let us know if you still intend to switch providers. Of course, Dish Network is the only provider you can go to if you want to watch The Blaze.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
87 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(87)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 26, 2013
(0)

All these 1 post members who post asking for GB and then they seem to disappear. They've all appeared this month too. There are 7 liberal stations?!? I hope one of these one times wonders will list all 7 eventually.

Re: The Blaze TV instead of CNN or Headline News

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 27, 2013
(0)

giftsstlouis wrote:

Please carry the Glenn Beck TV series the Blaze, we have 7 liberal stations and Fox News.. THe liberals are spending us into oblivion and bankruptcy is not far behind..  I think your company would also benefit a great deal monetary wise because people will watch his show before a lot of what you have on now.  Thank You.

Methinks you might be viewing the world through Glenn Beck's distortion-inducing glasses.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2013
(0)

I have subscribed to the BLASE internet TV programming since it began and have found it to be extremely informative.  WIll U-Verse be adding that programming to their cable service anytime in the near future?  Watching it on a computer screen or an Android phone is sometimes convenient but I look forward to the time when I can DVR it and view it in the comfort of my family room in HD.

Will U-verse be picking up programming from BLASE TV anytime soon?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2013
(0)

r.j.james wrote:

I have subscribed to the BLASE internet TV programming since it began and have found it to be extremely informative.  WIll U-Verse be adding that programming to their cable service anytime in the near future?  Watching it on a computer screen or an Android phone is sometimes convenient but I look forward to the time when I can DVR it and view it in the comfort of my family room in HD.

As has been stated previously, you will need to change to Dish Network to watch Glenn Beck.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: Will U-verse be picking up programming from BLASE TV anytime soon?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 2, 2013
(0)

I love astroturfing.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 2, 2013
(0)

I can't figure out if all these one post wonders are the same Beck fan waiting a couple days between each new username and post or if it's all different people. A mod may want to check that out. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

I need to have programming that matches MY values.  You are carrying Al-Jazerra and if I must pay for that programming I also need to have the Blaze TV in order to keep Uverse.  If that station isn't available in the next few months I will be cancelling my service with you.

When will you pick up the Blaze TV network?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

chuckandnatalie wrote:

I need to have programming that matches MY values.  You are carrying Al-Jazerra and if I must pay for that programming I also need to have the Blaze TV in order to keep Uverse.  If that station isn't available in the next few months I will be cancelling my service with you.

The Blaze TV has already been discussed on this previous thread.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Request-for-new-channel/m-p/3295071/highlight/true#M958...

As of now, The Blaze TV can only be found on Dish Network or through internet streaming.

As far as U-Verse carrying Al-Jazerra, you are not forced to watch that channel if and/or once it becomes a part of the U-Verse lineup. No one is forced to watch any channel. Just black it out in your channel lineup.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Re: When will you pick up the Blaze TV network?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

You need to talk to Mr. Beck about this.  As per the Blaze website:

If you don’t have DISH, TheBlaze is still available to you now via an online subscription! You can watch via computer, iPhone, iPad, or on your television via Roku.

Either switch to Dish or subscribe to the online version.

Re: When will you pick up the Blaze TV network?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

Please add TheBlaze to the uverse channel lineup.  Conservatives/traditionalists should have more than one (FOX) choice of channel to watch; Liberals have at lease seven channels from which to choose (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, PBS, etc.). 

Re: Request for new channel

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

charfoxt wrote:

Please add TheBlaze to the uverse channel lineup.  Conservatives/traditionalists should have more than one (FOX) choice of channel to watch; Liberals have at lease seven channels from which to choose (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, PBS, etc.). 

Wait, what? Some of those aren't even cable news channels.

-------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

charfoxt wrote:

Please add TheBlaze to the uverse channel lineup.  Conservatives/traditionalists should have more than one (FOX) choice of channel to watch; Liberals have at lease least seven channels from which to choose (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, PBS, etc.). 

Currently, The Blaze is exclusive to DishTV.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2013
(0)

And I will never understand how people can watch and enjoy MSNBC or CNN.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 25, 2013
(0)
In the same vein I can never understand how people can watch and enjoy Fox News or The Blaze. See, it works both ways. :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 2, 2013
(0)

I have requested The Blaze and the Hallmark Channels already.  But Cablevision is the #5 cable company and has included The Blaze in their lineup,

I don't think it would be wise to be a "Johnny Come Lately" to adding The Blaze (and the Hallmark Channels)....  

Have a little vision....  please provide another choice for conservatives besides FOX....  liberals have more than 7....

Thank you! 

Re: Request for new channel for The Blaze

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 2, 2013
(0)

What are the other 6 besides MSNBC? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)
Why won't ATT even respond to the requests for Blaze TV?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)
Dug! Ance,BBC,cbs,CNN and all the CNN affliates.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)

I'm not sure what Ance is. I'm guessing a typo of some sort.

BBC is an international channel and reports world news. Not sure how this could be considered liberal.

CBS is not a cable news channel. CBS is a broadcast television network. If you're wanting to lump them in as a liberal channel then you must add in FOX, not just Fox News, as a conservative channel.

CNN may have an overall liberal bias, but it's affiliates (HLN and CNNi) have different type of coverage and don't normally cover the US political atmosphere.  It should also be noted that Glenn Beck once worked for this "Liberal" network.

-------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)

charfoxt wrote:

I have requested The Blaze and the Hallmark Channels already.  But Cablevision is the #5 cable company and has included The Blaze in their lineup,

<snip> 

Cablevision does NOT offer The Blaze on it's TV lineup.  The only provider that does so is Dish Network.

-------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)

Rherring wrote:

Unless something has changed, Glen Beck has an exclusive deal with Dish:

Sept. 12, 2012 — TheBlaze Inc. and DISH Network, LLC announced today that TheBlaze, Glenn Beck’s online 24-hour news, information and entertainment network will now be available on television starting, at launch, exclusively on DISH.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)

skeeterintexas wrote:

Rherring wrote:

Unless something has changed, Glen Beck has an exclusive deal with Dish:

Sept. 12, 2012 — TheBlaze Inc. and DISH Network, LLC announced today that TheBlaze, Glenn Beck’s online 24-hour news, information and entertainment network will now be available on television starting, at launch, exclusively on DISH.

Apparently, something has changed...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/02/business/media/cablevision-picks-up-glenn-becks-internet-channel.h...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)

Lucky Cablevision subs.... *rolls eyes*

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2013
(0)

He's hurting for viewers, apparantly no one is watching his network.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2013
(0)

I would love to see The Blaze as well. So many other providers around the country picking it up why not ATT ? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2013
(0)

hkgonra wrote:

I would love to see The Blaze as well. So many other providers around the country picking it up why not ATT ? 

Oh really?  Who are they?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2013
(0)

hkgonra wrote:

So many other providers around the country picking it up

Where did you hear that?  The Blaze?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2013
(0)

hkgonra wrote:

I'm not sure if you can call 4 "so many other providers".

From the website:

TheBlaze TV is launching on four more cable operators...Blue Ridge Communications...BEK Communications, Sweetwater Cable Television and Atwood Cable.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2013
(0)

skeeterintexas wrote:

hkgonra wrote:

From the website:

TheBlaze TV is launching on four more cable operators...Blue Ridge Communications...BEK Communications, Sweetwater Cable Television and Atwood Cable.

Those four are heavy hitters, lol.  I would like to see more balance in news offerings: There is Fox and Blaze on one side and ABC News, CBS News, CNN, MSNBC and the rest, on the other.  The White House Press Seceratry's wife works for ABC News, if that tells you anything.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2013
(0)

dhascall wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

hkgonra wrote:

From the website:

Those four are heavy hitters, lol.  I would like to see more balance in news offerings: There is Fox and Blaze on one side and ABC News, CBS News, CNN, MSNBC and the rest, on the other.  The White House Press Seceratry's wife works for ABC News, if that tells you anything.

That's some "Grade A Level Tinfoil Hat" conspiracy you've got there!

-------