Posted Sep 12, 2012
8:51:22 AM
Request for new channel

DISH has just added BlazeTV to their 250 tier. I would like to see AT&T add it to their 200 or 300 tier selections. We need added diversity of political opinion and news from which to choose.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 12, 2012 10:47:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

seegreen1 wrote:

I have requested that AT&T carry "BlazeTV". I will give them 60 days to get it done, After that I'm OUT and on my way to another company who does carry it.

There is no need to make threats to AT&T. If you want to watch The Blaze, you will need to switch to Dish Network. It is the only television provider that will carry that channel.

According to Wikipedia, "TheBlaze is a conservative news and opinion website and Internet television network owned by American media personality and former CNN Headline News and Fox News host Glenn Beck's Mercury Radio Arts."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheBlaze

However, according to The Blaze web site: "Partnering with DISH Network, Glenn Beck’s online 24-hour news, information and entertainment network will now be available on television exclusively on DISH, joining a host of channels including MSNBC, BBC America, CNN, Current, Comedy Central and FOX News."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nr-dish/

I hope that you are not a one and done, one post wonder, and will come back to let us know if you still intend to switch providers. Of course, Dish Network is the only provider you can go to if you want to watch The Blaze.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
91 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(91)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 25, 2013 2:04:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T it is time to add

The Blaze

channel to UVerse.  If you want to charge a premium that is fine, just give us access.

Re: Request for new channel

61 of 92 (1,432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 25, 2013 2:07:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by americangame on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:20:27 PM

Making your text large, bolded, and in color won't do anything to move things foward. Use the link at the beginning of this thread to request the channel. AT&T can only add the channel if Glenn Beck's company is willing to come to the negoating table with a reasonable offer.

EDIT:Now I see where all of the Blaze buisnes is coming from.

http://www.gettheblaze.com/

Astroturfing at its finest!

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
62 of 92 (1,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 25, 2013 3:02:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

This thread cracks me up everytime I get an e-mail notice that someone has posted.

People aren't even making requests. They are posting telling AT&T what it's time for and making it seem like carrying Glenn Beck's whining, crying and pontificating is obligatory. :smileylol:

The website linked to above has numbers for each company and a way to e-mail those companies to demand your Beck. That's probably a better method to use then posting here.

Re: The Blaze TV instead of CNN or Headline News

63 of 92 (1,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013 9:36:08 AM
(0)
Voyager

AT&T wont offer The Blaze because they are supporters of Obama, that is why I am going to change my service, he says jump and they say how high. 

64 of 92 (1,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013 9:42:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

holly7310 wrote:

AT&T wont offer The Blaze because they are supporters of Obama, that is why I am going to change my service, he says jump and they say how high. 

That take the cake as the most jacked up statement I've ever read.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

65 of 92 (1,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013 9:57:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

holly7310 wrote:

-------

66 of 92 (1,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013 9:58:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by baseballisback on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:59:18 AM

oufanindallas wrote:

holly7310 wrote:

That take the cake as the most jacked up statement I've ever read.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php

http://www.fastcompany.com/1726212/tech-and-tea-party-why-verizon-and-att-are-donating-republicans

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2007/08/pearl-jam-censored-by-att-calls-for-a-neutral-net/

Yeah...AT&T is most certainly a liberal company. After all, they're the same ones that moved Fox News Channel UP to U-200 (gasp!) but moved Fox Business Channel down from U-300 to U-200.

[ Edited ]
67 of 92 (1,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013 10:23:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It has nothing to do with politics, it's all about the $$$

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

68 of 92 (1,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 8:24:31 AM
(0)
Teacher

Still waiting for The Blaze on Uverse! Anyone know when/or if we will get it? i dont want to have to switch providers again!

69 of 92 (1,140 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 8:31:57 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by BSWilson74 on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:56:34 PM

:smileysad:

Let's see....instead of having at least the option to take The Blaze we will have the option to take Current TV or aka Al Jazeera.  We would rather have a Middle East company than an American company on AT&T?  Way to go AT&T! Way to go!

[ Edited ]
70 of 92 (1,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 8:46:48 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:47:11 AM

We dropped the Current TV channel, and will not carry Al Jazeera America, on U-verse due to contract disputes. We could not reach an agreement with the owner that we believe provided value for our customers and our business.

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
71 of 92 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 9:11:13 AM
(0)
Voyager

You believe Current TV added value?  That is fine to think and I think all views should be broadcast but has there been any attempts to make an agreement with TheBlaze?

72 of 92 (1,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 10:08:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

It has nothing to do with politics, it's all about the $$$

With AT&T refusing to carry Al Jazeera America, I'm having my doubts about your first statement.  I hope not, though.

73 of 92 (1,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 10:39:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

holly7310 wrote:

americangame is my new favorite poster.....

:smileyvery-happy:

74 of 92 (1,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2013 10:59:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by americangame on Aug 20, 2013 at 11:00:32 AM

skeeterintexas wrote:

americangame wrote:

holly7310 wrote:

americangame is my new favorite poster.....

:smileyvery-happy:

I do what I can :-)

-------

[ Edited ]
75 of 92 (1,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013 9:09:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

BSWilson74 writes, "You believe Current TV added value?  That is fine to think, and I think all views should be broadcast, but has there been any attempts to make an agreement with TheBlaze?"

I don't believe we can know. This is my answer for which I would apply to negotiations in general. Not just from AT&T U-verse, it is a standard practice with providers for cable television programming.

Part of the reason for this is because of agreements not getting reached. If, say, AT&T U-verse were to inform subscribers it was pursuing this or that programmer, with the intent to add and carry a programmer in its lineup, and the deal then fell through … that would upset subscribers. So, AT&T U-verse (and other companies) have concluded that it is best not to involve subscribers in this area of the business.

76 of 92 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013 10:52:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

Keep in mind that's 300,000 PAID subscribers.  That means just the people that subscribe to his internet service.  That doesn't count the massive radio syndication, or DISH network.  Your .1% figure is ridiculously inaccurate.  I don't have a clue what the radio or DISH syndication brings in per month, but that's well over $3 Million/month just from internet subscriptions.  I sure wouldn't scoff at that kind of income, or listener base.  He beat the pants off of the other "news" networks COMBINED for his time slot on Fox.

So, while it's obvious you don't care for the program or host  (you probably never watch it, so you wouldn't even know).  Your attempt at figures was a failure -- there REALLY is a tremendous audience that would enjoy their cable providers picking up that channel.  This leads to more customer satisfaction, new customers, and greater retention.  More diversity is generally a good thing in programming choices.

77 of 92 (940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 21, 2013 10:56:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
That's a bit narrow. Make your request at: http://uversechannels.att.com/

But don't ask to take programming away that many others enjoy. Golden rule....

78 of 92 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 7:31:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

We have waited a year for AT&T to add The Blaze Network.  I see that they have added a new 'news' channel called 'Fusion', didn't see any one asking for that.  So how about adding The Blaze Network?  How about, after a year of 1000's of ask, just letting us customers know what you are going to do? 

thanks

79 of 92 (721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 7:59:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Nov 15, 2013 at 8:00:02 AM

The Blaze is exclusively on Dish.  You can thank Glenn Beck for that.

[ Edited ]
80 of 92 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 8:03:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

That is incorrect.  It was ORIGINALLY a Dish exclusive, but now other cable providers are also carrying it.  We're waiting for AT&T to do so as well.

81 of 92 (710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 8:06:39 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Nov 15, 2013 at 8:47:42 AM

It's a shame that it was even considered.  Al Jazeera, .....

Shame on AT&T for even attempting to negotiate with them.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
82 of 92 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 8:11:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

This is not 'A Solution'.  Solution means something has been reSolved.  This is a pound your head on the concrete till it hurts idea.  AT&T has to say Yes or No to The Blaze Network in order to have reSolution.  Please add THE BLAZE network!!!

83 of 92 (704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 9:02:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
No one is forcing anyone to watch any channel. If you don't like a channel, you can block it real easy. :smiley happy: I, for one, wish they would add Al Jazeera so people would see that it is a channel dedicated to actual news and not the political agenda that other channels like Fox and NBC have.

84 of 92 (693 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 9:28:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:35:02 AM

St0rmagedd0n wrote:

That is incorrect.  It was ORIGINALLY a Dish exclusive, but now other cable providers are also carrying it.  We're waiting for AT&T to do so as well.

From GBs website:

TheBlaze will join Blue Ridge Communications, a top 25 cable operator, this April! After a tremendous start on DISH Network, the TheBlaze has also entered into agreements with BEK Communications, Sweetwater Cable Television and Atwood Cable.

ETA:  RCN, MCTV and Sky Angel’s FAVE TV

Local cable providers?  No national cable providers (Time Warner, Comcast or Verizon)?

[ Edited ]
85 of 92 (681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 12:13:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I don't know, and it really doesn't matter what size the cable networks in question are.  The point is that the "answer" of exclusivity clearly is incorrect and does not apply.  I believe that WAS the case at one time, but it clearly is not anymore.

86 of 92 (663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 12:16:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

My comment made more sense, and would have evoked a different response had it not been edited by a moderator citing "topics of a legal, political or religious nature", even though my post was neither political, nor religious.  

I'm not sure how the forum can operate at all if topics of a legal nature are prohibited.  Sorry, I'm gonna stick to the non-illegal stuff....

87 of 92 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 22, 2014 5:08:54 PM
(0)
Employee

THANK YOU for finally making that point.  I don't know how many times I've seen someone posting that it's exclusively on Dish.  That hasn't even been true for a while now...The Blaze is on a number of other providers' packages now.  Hopefully AT&T U-Verse will add it as well.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

88 of 92 (460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2014 3:43:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

WellI dont understasnd why people watch CNN or MSNBC. Its called freedom of choice.  

89 of 92 (161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2014 4:50:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Jackonline226 wrote:

Americangame you must be an Obama voter.  

I'm not sure what he said that would lead you to that conclusion.  He may be, I just don't know, and don't get that from anything he posted in this thread.

90 of 92 (150 Views)