Posted Jan 29, 2013
2:27:34 PM
Re: Microsoft Outlook
I have tried all the advise in this forum and two chats. I cannot get outlook 2007 to work. Time to switch isp's

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2013 2:32:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am shocked uverse want us to pay to get help with  this crappy service. I cannot get outlook 2007 to send /recieve even though the resolve tool says it is fixed. Some tool  error code 0X80040154

outlook 2007

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2013 2:38:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
robert1000 - You do not need to change ISPs. Just decouple the e-mail -

Open a gmail account. In gmail download your stuff from att. In att settings - forward mail to gmail. Set up gmail in outlook.
Join the crowd.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2013 3:18:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

robert1000 wrote:

I am shocked uverse want us to pay to get help with  this crappy service. I cannot get outlook 2007 to send /recieve even though the resolve tool says it is fixed. Some tool  error code 0X80040154

Is the account set up as a webmail account or a POP account?

Is it not accepting your password?

What "resolve tool" are you referring to, is it the Mr. FixIt tool? If so, try uninstalling the FixIt tool and reinstalling it. When you go to reinstall right click on the file and choose "run as administrator".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: outlook 2007

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2013 4:58:14 AM
(0)
Contributor
Its a pop account and the web mail works ,the cell phone works and outlook 2007 will not send or receive. I spent all day yesterday trying to find a fix and delting the acount and reentering all the info to no avail.

Att is dropping the ball. I already called the cable people to get this worthless crap out of here.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2013 10:38:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

robert1000 wrote:
Its a pop account and the web mail works ,the cell phone works and outlook 2007 will not send or receive. I spent all day yesterday trying to find a fix and delting the acount and reentering all the info to no avail.

Att is dropping the ball. I already called the cable people to get this worthless crap out of here.

Is it not accepting passwords?

If so, another fix I found was to reset your Winsock Catalog.

Go to your "Start Menu" ---> "Accessories", find the icon for "Command Prompt". Right click the icon and choose "Run As Administrator"

When the command Prompt window opens, type the following:  netsh winsock reset catalog 

then hit "Enter", then reboot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013 6:23:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

robert1000 wrote:
I have tried all the advise in this forum and two chats. I cannot get outlook 2007 to work. Time to switch isp's

Seriously, you're going to switch because you can't get a 7 year old mail program to work?

Check the support site here. Also according to that website if you signed up after 6/11/11 you will not be able to use a mail client, only your online email account.

That being said, I was just able to add my new email account to Outlook, but I'm using Outlook 2010.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013 8:57:23 PM
(0)
Professor

aviewer wrote:
robert1000 - You do not need to change ISPs. Just decouple the e-mail -

Open a gmail account. In gmail download your stuff from att. In att settings - forward mail to gmail. Set up gmail in outlook.
Join the crowd.

And how is that going to fix the OP problem?  Really need to quit telling people to open up a gmail account and forward their ATT email to it, vs. just explaining to them how they can make Outlook to work with @att.net email accounts.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013 9:01:09 PM
(0)
Professor

robert1000 wrote:

If you would have gone to microsoft.com and did a search on the error, you would have gotten these results http://search.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?form=MSHOME&setlang=en-us&q=outlook%202007%20error%20...

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013 5:01:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
gregzoll_1 - It is not about fixung a problem. It is about choices. These people feel trapped and desperate. Once they know they are not trapped, they no longer feel desperate

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013 8:04:32 AM
(0)
Professor

aviewer wrote:
gregzoll_1 - It is not about fixung a problem. It is about choices. These people feel trapped and desperate. Once they know they are not trapped, they no longer feel desperate

I see it as leading people to the competition, not helping them.  And no, they are not trapped or feel desperate.  What you have, is those that have difficulty trying to setup their email accounts with Outlook, without knowing how to do the setup, which are really easy to find and understand.

Telling them to go setup a gmail account and forward all of their att.net email actually makes the problem harder, not easier.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013 8:30:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
gregzoll_1 - From my perspective I am preventing them from going to he competition. They are threatening to leave the paying part because they have a problem with the free part.

Some may like it, some may not. They can choose how to do it.

My choice includes - sbcglobal.net, 2x att.net, me.com & gmail.com

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013 10:14:38 AM
(0)
Professor
<Shakes head>

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013 9:03:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having a challenge with setting up my outlook and outlook express account as well.  I'm receiving emails, but not able to send out.  I also have Microsoft 2007 and XP.  The error messages states that my server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or long period of inactivity.  Protocol SMTP, Port 465, Secure (SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.  I checked my server and it works find with other carriers, but having a challenge with this carrier.  Also, checked with hosting and server admin and this isn't the issue because I can send and receive emails on the server.  Please advise on what actions I can take.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2013 5:30:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Does this exact same system with this same configuation work from another network?

In my experience, the most likely cause for this is that the e-mail address and/or password has an error.  Sometimes it's a small error in the e-mail address, but usually in the password (which you can't see to verify).