Posted Oct 9, 2012
12:19:48 PM
Re: How to turn off the ATT Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool

Go to "control panel" then "administrative tools" then "services", and find the ATT Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool.  Under status it will say "started" and under "start up type" it will say "automatic".  Right click anywhere on that line that lists the ATT Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool and then go to properties.  Once you click on "properties" look under the "general" tab and you should see "start up type"  Change it to "Manual" and save.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 9, 2012 2:50:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

or...

Start>Run Type in "MSCONFIG", click OK, click on the Startup tab, uncheck the programs in question, click OK, and reboot.

Accepted Solution

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012 1:13:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, I tried that but there is no service for it shown, and I looked at every single one with an automatic status to make sure it just wasn't called something innocuous or generic.

2 of 10 (3,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012 2:09:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You could also try Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.

Open the Software Environment item and click on Startup Programs and see if it appears there.  If so, you can use RegEdit and navigate to the path in the Location column and remove the corresponding key (you may wish to back it up first).  If Location says "Startup" or "Common Startup" then its in Start>All Programs>Startup and can be removed from there.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (3,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 9, 2012 2:50:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

or...

Start>Run Type in "MSCONFIG", click OK, click on the Startup tab, uncheck the programs in question, click OK, and reboot.

4 of 10 (3,524 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012 2:53:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
That worked, thanks :smileyhappy:.

5 of 10 (3,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012 4:16:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I keep forgetting about that. :smileyhappy:

6 of 10 (3,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 7, 2013 4:08:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

What program do we need to remove?

7 of 10 (1,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 7, 2013 8:55:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Read the above posts and it gives all the info you need. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

8 of 10 (1,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 27, 2013 12:35:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks much. This worked for me!

9 of 10 (1,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2013 5:32:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

I keep forgetting about that. :smileyhappy:

I use it with my customers all the time.  I don't like having all the extra crap starting up when I boot/reboot a computer.  There's a reason why I've built my last three computers, no bloatware.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

10 of 10 (737 Views)