For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Rawben's profile

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 4:13 AM

Potential NEW U-Verse Customer

We're looking at AT&T internet (Only internet) for our son at college. We're told DSL isn't available, but U-Verse is. Originally we were told DSL promo would be: Promo Rates Basic $14.95 up to .75 mbps Express $14.95 up to 1.5 mbps Pro $14.95 up to 3.0 mbps Elite $19.95 up to 6.0 mbps Today we received a call that U-Verse is the only service only available at his studio. The corporate store sales person said all the services are the same costs between DSL and U-verse, but when I looked here on AT&T's website I see 7 options for U-Verse. I'm not sure but don't think these are promo rates for U-Verse (update, they are Promo I found the actual prices and I'll list below in ($) next to the other rates. Basic $19.95 (none listed for U-verse) Express $19.95 (non listed for U-verse) Pro $19.95 ($38) Elite $24.95 ($43) Max $29.95 ($48) Max Plus $39.95 ($53) Max Turbo $49.95 ($63) So I have two questions. 1) Does anyone know what the "high speed internet equipment fee is that applies", per the U-Verse page here on AT&T's website, and is this a monthly fee or a one-time equipment fee? 2) We were told by the corporate store sales person that the DSL Pro or Elite would handle streaming videos, but upon looking at the graph for U-Verse, that's not the case. Streaming video doesn't come in on the graph until Max Plus or Max Turbo which is a lot more than they quoted or told us at the store. Does anyone comfortabilly use the Pro U-verse for streaming video? In his studio, he will be the only person with U-verse - he won't be sharing with anyone. I've seen so many pros and cons on the forums I'd like to know what I'm up against first before getting locked into a contract. Thank you!

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

AT&T you're trying my patients. First, I have problems with my HOME billing with AT&T, 2nd problems with my AT&T WIRELESS (for over 9 months now) and NOW new UVERSE service. I'm to the point to no return and feel that AT&T doesnt' really give a hoot about their long-time customer. Signed up with NEW U-Verse INTERNET for our son at away at college and was told the equipment would be delievered today. Phoned customer service for a UPS tracking # and the first person I spoke with informs me sunami in Asia caused a delay in equipment (we'll had they built it equipment in the USA we wouldn't have this issues). He further informs me there's no tracking #, nothing's been shipped and it may be received by our son on Jan. 25th or 26th. The date of the 23rd is the day it will be shipped! I informed him, not my email states RECEIPT of the 23rd not DELIVERY on the 23rd (he tried telling me otherwise). We'll let's hope so, since no one will be there on the 27th or 28th to accept delivery (the rest of the building is empty!). Then I speak with a representative in Tech Support who tells me it will be delivered on the 26th (but there's no guarantee) and again no tracking #. I then speak with the Tech Support supervisor who informs me the "system" says it will be there on the 26th and that our 30 days (to see if it works or not) will start once it's activated by our son, not from the day we ordered it or it's received. What upsets me even more is that my email confirmation states delivery today, Jan. 23rd and I received no other email or phone call stating there would be a delay. This isn't good customer service. Maybe I should have ordered him Comcast? AT&T you need to take a hard look at your long time customers and rethink how you're servicing them. IMO not very good and I'm a true example.

{post merged}

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

We'll not due to any customer service assistance I thought I'd post my update. About 30 minutes after posting my message I received a phone call from an "IN-FIELD" tech support person checking to see where I was for installation. Now, FYI - I was told via phone last week, "Everything would arrive in a box and I don't need anyone to come install my DSL since I have a phone line and the address was confirmed". We'll I'm thankful this person arrived and he happens to have the "equipment" on his truck to install. We'll call him once our "equipment" arrives. Luckily, my son wasn't in class and could meet the installer. Now, I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well on the install. AT&T please work on your SYSTEMS. Their not working properly.

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Thank you @chris!

@Rawben wrote:
We're looking at AT&T internet (Only internet) for our son at college. We're told DSL isn't available, but U-Verse is. Originally we were told DSL promo would be: Promo Rates Basic $14.95 up to .75 mbps Express $14.95 up to 1.5 mbps Pro $14.95 up to 3.0 mbps Elite $19.95 up to 6.0 mbps Today we received a call that U-Verse is the only service only available at his studio. The corporate store sales person said all the services are the same costs between DSL and U-verse, but when I looked here on AT&T's website I see 7 options for U-Verse. I'm not sure but don't think these are promo rates for U-Verse (update, they are Promo I found the actual prices and I'll list below in ($) next to the other rates. Basic $19.95 (none listed for U-verse) Express $19.95 (non listed for U-verse) Pro $19.95 ($38) Elite $24.95 ($43) Max $29.95 ($48) Max Plus $39.95 ($53) Max Turbo $49.95 ($63) So I have two questions. 1) Does anyone know what the "high speed internet equipment fee is that applies", per the U-Verse page here on AT&T's website, and is this a monthly fee or a one-time equipment fee? 2) We were told by the corporate store sales person that the DSL Pro or Elite would handle streaming videos, but upon looking at the graph for U-Verse, that's not the case. Streaming video doesn't come in on the graph until Max Plus or Max Turbo which is a lot more than they quoted or told us at the store. Does anyone comfortabilly use the Pro U-verse for streaming video? In his studio, he will be the only person with U-verse - he won't be sharing with anyone. I've seen so many pros and cons on the forums I'd like to know what I'm up against first before getting locked into a contract. Thank you!

Welcome Rawben and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.

Regards,
Alex

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you Alex! Much appreciated. 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Alex,

I have a problem with the Motorola u-verse NVG510 since I got it 4-month ago, sometimes it doesn't load images complete, other times it won't even load the page, have to try twice, never had a signal problem when I had the DSL, windows 7 gave me the problem " The server at motors.shop.ebay.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing internet explorer from accessing the network." I have tried everything, reset the unit, calling tech support.

Thank you! 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@defline wrote:

Alex,

I have a problem with the Motorola u-verse NVG510 since I got it 4-month ago, sometimes it doesn't load images complete, other times it won't even load the page, have to try twice, never had a signal problem when I had the DSL, windows 7 gave me the problem " The server at motors.shop.ebay.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing internet explorer from accessing the network." I have tried everything, reset the unit, calling tech support.

Thank you! 

If you want to contact Alex, send him a PM.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you!

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Rawben wrote:
Thank you Alex! Much appreciated. 🙂

Glad to help! 🙂

Regards,

Alex

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Thank you @texasguy37!

@defline wrote:

Alex,

Thank you! 

Hi defline,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.

Regards,
Alex

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I got my problem solved, I was contacted by a Tier2 Manager (Thanks to Alex) here are the steps to solve the problem;

Go to "control panel".

Open "network and sharing center"

Right click on “change adapter settings"

Right click on "local area connection" and select "properties"

Click on "internet protocol version 4” from the list to highlighted then click on “properties" 

Box comes up, you'll see two options; click on the 2 option (the bottom one) then choose  “Use the following DNS server addresses"

Under preferred DNS server enter the AT&T DNS IP Primary:   68.94.156.1   (dots are already there)

And under Alternative DNS server enter AT&T  DNS secondary:  68.94.157.1

Click OK to save and close.

You’re done and your web pages will load normal just like before. My computer (Windows 7) is fast just like it was before. No problems anymore.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.