Posted Aug 1, 2013
Pivot HD

I just noticed uverse added a new channel called pivot hd. I was wondering will we get any more new channels this month?

Pivot HD

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2013
(0)
ACE - Expert

See it's 1492, but I'm unsubscribed on u200. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pivot HD

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

Pivot TV gets ATT Uverse launch

Thanks for the heads up!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013
(0)
Scholar

Sounds like a channel I have no interest in.  That does not mean because I do not want it AT&T should not carry it.  Somebody may like the channel.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013
(0)
Scholar

I think Halogen and Documentary Channel were absorbed into Pivot.

Since AT&T U-vere already had been carrying Halogen … well here is Pivot.

There are other providers who were not carrying Halogen but did offer Documentary Channel … and their suscribers now have Pivot.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013
(0)
Scholar

From Wikipedia.org @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pivot_(TV_channel) :

The launch of Pivot was announced on March 27, 2013, and is described as a "disruptive TV" service that will focus on social advocacy. The channel will take over the space currently held by two Participant Media-owned channels Halogen TV and the Documentary Channel, giving Pivot an initial subscriber base of about 40 million cable and satellite television homes. With the launch, Pivot will become the first television channel to offer broadband-only subscriptions that will allow live streaming of the linear channel and video on demand offerings without requiring a subscription to a pay television service. It was later announced that NeuLion had been selected to design and deliver the new cable network's downloadable interactive app which will allow Pivot's content to be delivered to multiple digital devices. It will offer its entertainment programming, live and on-demand, to authenticated Pay TV subscribers and broadband-only subscribers.