Posted May 1, 2013
7:51:26 AM
View profile
PC channel guide

ATT has changed the pc channel guide (again) and its the worst yet.  Can't set favorite channels & its become a large print version so it takes up even more space.

PC channel guide

33 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(33)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 8:25:59 AM
(1)
ACE - Master
amaeh -
Are you talking about tis site? - https://loginprodx.att.net/commonLogin/igate_edam/controller.do?TAM_OP=login&USERNAME=unauthenticate...

Looks the same to me. I never did like it because it does not have many lines. I suppose it is easier to scroll than the TV version.

The lines/size is a tradeoff - big print- few lines. small print many lines. Maybe a size setting changed. Do you know all the ways to control size on your PC/browser?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: PC channel guide

2 of 34 (1,902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 9:53:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I kind of like it.  I like what they did when you select "HD".  Now only the the HD shows are highlighted.  I find it easier to set recordings on the web version.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 34 (1,872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 12:16:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

I do know how to change the print size on the browser (good point) but that's not the problem.  The entire format changed as of 4/29/13. Didn't it change for anyone else?

4 of 34 (1,846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 12:19:49 PM
(0)
Teacher

All I want to do is to be able to set favorites.

5 of 34 (1,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 12:38:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The one I'm looking all you have to do is click the star next to it and it will mark as a favorite. Not sure which one you are looking at.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 34 (1,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 12:54:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the feedback everybody. The channel guide last week had the star next to the channel so that you could click on it to make it a favorite. This week it changed to the new format with no warning. I'm located in southeast Michigan so I'm thinking this change is regional since no one else seems to have this problem. When I looked at the troubleshooting video it still showed the old format  so that's why I decided to post here.

7 of 34 (1,825 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 1:09:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
amaeh - Did you click on the link that I posted. It has the star. I am surprised that the guide would be regional.
What happens when you click the star in the header to display the fav guide?
On mine the chan column star turns gold & the guide is abbreviated.

This is with chrome - try another browser.

8 of 34 (1,817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 1:54:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

Whoa....thanks much for the solution! I'm still confused though because the other guide still turns up on IE. Also tried it on Chrome & got the same result. Don't know why it worked with your link but I marked it as a favorite so I can find it again. I have no idea why the new format just started showing up...oh well.

9 of 34 (1,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 4:13:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I see no star to make a channel a favorite using Safari or Chrome:

uverse.jpg

10 of 34 (1,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 4:19:09 AM
(0)
Contributor
Besides being unable to set Favorites, as I scroll through the listings, I get black screens.
When I do select a show to record, I get a "Communicating With DVR" screen for about 20 seconds. Used to be able to simply click on the dot in upper-left of the program box.
The listings has been an early morning, daily stop for me. Now it is useless. Useless!

11 of 34 (1,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 4:27:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
tngland - Please post the link you are using so that I can try it. Dis you try the one I posted??

The screen you posted does look a lot cleaner than the version I am used. But, function trumps beauty in this case.

12 of 34 (1,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 5:24:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is the link for the interface I posted:  http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/guide

I got there as the result of using the same bookmark I have long used to get to the online Channel Listing.

The link you posted early on in this topic does indeed lead me to the Channel Listings with the interface I have been using. Thank you for that, I hope I can continue to access the "old" interface using that link.

So what is going on here?

13 of 34 (1,678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 5:39:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
tngland - Not sure what is happening. I seem to remember this was happening quite a while ago. Not sure why it is just catching up to some folks.

When I click on your link I get a guide (no favorites) for your area. When I log on for my area I get uverse.com.

att/yahoo web sites always have a new unpleasant surprise.

14 of 34 (1,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 6:46:51 AM
(0)
Teacher

I used the link from aviewer and it took me right to the old screen. Hope this helps you also.

15 of 34 (1,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 4:52:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I just tested and I have two vastly different channel selection screens.  The one through Yahoo still allows setting favorites.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

16 of 34 (1,622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 10:49:07 AM
(0)
Mentor

this crappy guide just showed up for me today. the link provided dosn't go back to the old view. this is CRAP!!!!!

17 of 34 (954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 1:21:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

My old link went away today as well. I spent 45 minutes chatting with someone in AT&T support who finally said there "might be" an update in the future. The lack of favorites is a major, major flaw and has been there for months. Until today, I could access the old site, slow as it was. Interestingly, on the Android AT&T app, my favorites show but the dang screen is too small to be very useful.

18 of 34 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 1:35:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

doctorjlt wrote:

My old link went away today as well. I spent 45 minutes chatting with someone in AT&T support who finally said there "might be" an update in the future. The lack of favorites is a major, major flaw and has been there for months. Until today, I could access the old site, slow as it was. Interestingly, on the Android AT&T app, my favorites show but the dang screen is too small to be very useful.

What I would do is Ito send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Chances are that a chat or phone rep has no direct access to send a suggestion up the "management food chain" but the escalation team should put a manager in touch with you and forward that on up.

19 of 34 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 5:21:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

I was posting on this thread last year re: the change in the channel guide and somebody gave me a link that worked very well for a whole year,,,,took me right back to the old channel guide that was actually USEFUL. This worked up until today when the channel guide changed back to the unuseful one,  Can't set favorite channels and who has all day to scroll through the whole thing, I just want my old channel guide back!!! Fix it ATT.

20 of 34 (883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 6:18:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

why is it showing community accepted the solution when it's clearly not fixed.

The new guide is not user friendly, please change it back or hire new people who know design.

21 of 34 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2014 7:42:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

FIX THIS PLEASE  

It is Awful

22 of 34 (783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2014 8:26:10 PM
(0)
Mentor
More people need to contact att on social media to have this fixed.

23 of 34 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2014 8:29:54 PM
(0)
Mentor
@ATTCustomerCare on twitter

24 of 34 (773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2014 9:11:26 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yep, this is awful. About 1/3 as many channels visible, no favorites. When I'd do a search before (say for something I don't remember if I've set up to record or not), it would show what was to be recorded, but not now. Scheduled doesn't separate Series from individual shows. The old system was fantastic, especially since they've made it almost impossible to do this on the TV any more, but now nothing works well.

And we need to use social media to get heard?? What about this, AT&Ts actual forum, doesn't it count?

I shouldn't worry about it. I'm moving to a new house in a couple months, and will use that time to change my TV/Internet supplier. I used to have TiVo, and accepted that U-Verse was still young yet, but I can see it's not getting better, it's getting worse.

25 of 34 (733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2014 4:35:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Scheduled for me shows each individual show to record whether a series or one-time recording. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

26 of 34 (693 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 11:41:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

They have now put the new tv guide in for San Diego area subscribers.

IT IS AWFUL!

I want the old one back but the URL listed above only takes me to the new guide.

RETURN THE OLD GUIDE OR FIX THE NEW ONE.

27 of 34 (636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 2:16:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

shaee wrote:

why is it showing community accepted the solution when it's clearly not fixed.

The new guide is not user friendly, please change it back or hire new people who know design.

The community accepted solution is a bit of misnomer - it generally does not mean that an issue has been solved.  It is generally the most reasonable / factual answer,  If you are the original poster, you can mark that reply as "Not the solution" under Post Options.

If you think that the online Guide "improvement" was bad, I'm surprised that you are not complaining about these forums.  The redesign here is hideous! :smileyhappy:

28 of 34 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 2:56:20 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by RV_1 on Jul 1, 2014 at 3:13:50 PM

"not the solution" is not an option for me.. and yes, the new forums design is crap too.

[ Edited ]
29 of 34 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 3:11:20 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by RV_1 on Jul 1, 2014 at 3:12:23 PM

dhascall wrote:

doctorjlt wrote:

What I would do is Ito send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Chances are that a chat or phone rep has no direct access to send a suggestion up the "management food chain" but the escalation team should put a manager in touch with you and forward that on up.

when i click that link, the send button  doesn't work (on the message page) when trying to message customer care when using firefox or ie

[ Edited ]
30 of 34 (608 Views)