Posted Oct 15, 2013
3:33:50 PM
October Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on October 15, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

November 2013:

Effective November 4, Utilisima (channel 3049) is rebranding to FOX Life.

Effective November 19, BBC America will be moving from channel 188 to channel 122 in all markets.

Effective November 20, in Mobile WPAN-53 (IND) channel 40 will no longer be available.

December 2013:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after December 2013: BYU (channel 567 and 1567 in HD), Cine Mexicano (channel 3134), EWTN (channel 562), EWTN Espanol (Channel 3077), FUNimation Channel (channel 1484 in HD), Latele Novela (channel 3017), MC 70s (channel 5123), MC 80s (channel 5122), MC 90s (channel 5121), MC Adult Alternative (channel 5118), MC Alternative (channel 5116), MC Blues (channel 5137), MC Classic Alternative (channel 5117), MC Classic Country (channel 5131), MC Classic Rock (channel 5112), MC Classical Masterpieces (channel 5140), MC Contemporary Christian (channel 5132), MC Dance-Electronica (channel 5104), MC Easy Listening (channel 5139), MC Gospel (channel 5110), MC Hip-Hop and R&B (channel 5102), MC Hip-Hop Classics (channel 5106), MC Hit List (channel 5101), MC Jazz (channel 5136), MC Kidz Only! (channel 5127), MC Light Classical (channel 5141), MC Metal (channel 5115), MC Mexicana (channel 5145), MC Music Choice (channel 500 and 1500 in HD), MC Musica Urbana (channel 5142), MC Party Favorites (channel 5125), MC Pop Hits (channel 5120), MC Pop Latino (channel 5143), MC R&B Classics (channel 5108), MC R&B Soul (channel 5109), MC Rap (channel 5105), MC Reggae (channel 5111), MC Retro Rock (channel 5113), MC Rock (channel 5114), MC Romances (channel 5146), MC Singers & Swing (channel 5138), MC Smooth Jazz (channel 5135),MC Soft Rock (channel 5119), MC Solid Gold Oldies (channel 5124), MC Sounds of the Seasons (channels 5133), MC Soundscapes (channel 5134), MC Stage & Screen (channel 5126), MC Throwback Jamz (channel 5107), MC Todays Country (channel 5129), MC Toddler Tunes (channel 5128), MC Tropicales (channel 5144), MC True Country (channel 5130), MC University (channel 5103), MLB Network (channel 634 and 1634 in HD), SWRV (channels 501, 5100 and 1501 in HD), and TV Chile (channel 3032).

As well as the following local channels:.

(1) For Alabama, in the Birmingham area, WEAC (channel 24), and WVTM (channel 13); in the Huntsville area, WHNT (channel 19) and WTZT (channel 11); and in the Mobile area, WFBD (channel 48), WHBR (channel 33) and WPAN (channel 53);

(2) For Arkansas, in the Ft. Smith area, KFSM (channel 5) and KXNW (channel 34); and in the Little Rock area, KVTN (channel 25);

(3) For California, in the Fresno area, KAIL (channel 53), KGMC (channel 43), and KMSG (channel 39); in the Los Angeles area, KJLA (channel 57), KLCS (channel 58), KRCA (channel 62), KVMD (channel 31), KXLA (channel 44), and KZSW (channel 27); in the Monterey-Salinas area, KOTR (channel 2); in the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto areas, KCSO (channel 33); in the San Diego area, KFMB (channel 8), KSDX (channel 29), XEWT (channel 12), and XHUAA (channel 57); in the San Francisco area, KEMO (channel 50, KICU (channel 36), KRON (channel 4), and KTVU (channel 2); and in the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose areas, KTLN (channel 68);

(4) For Connecticut, in the Hartford area, WRDM (channel 13);

(5) For Florida, in the Jacksonville area, WAWS (channel 30), WCWJ (channel 17) and WTEV (channel 47); in the Mobile, AL-Pensacola areas, WKRG (channel 5); in the Miami area, WEYW (channel 19), WGEN (channel 8), and WHDT (channel 44); in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale areas, WSBS (channel 50); in the Orlando area, W21AU (channel 21), WACX (channel 40), WFTV (channel 9), WRDQ (channel 27) and WTMO (channel 31); and in the West Palm Beach area, WFGC (channel 61);

(6) For Georgia, in the Atlanta area, AIB (channel 6), WSB (channel 2), and WUVM (channel 4);

(7) For Illinois, in the Champaign area, WLCF (channel 45); and in the Chicago area, WCHU (channel 61), WJYS (channel 62), WOCH (channel 41) and WOCK (channel 13);

(8) For Indiana, in the Indianapolis area, WDNI (channel 19), and WTIU (channel 30);

(9) For Kansas, in the Wichita area, KGPT (channel 49), KSMI (channel 51); and in the Wichita-Hutchinson areas, KCTU (channel 43);

(10) For Kentucky, in the Louisville area, WBKI (channel 28), and WKYI (channel 24);

(11) For Louisiana, in the Baton Rouge area, KPBN (channel 11); and in the New Orleans area, KFOL (channel 10), KGLA (channel 42), and WTNO (channel 22);

(12) For Michigan, in the Detroit area, WADL (channel 38); in the Flint-Saginaw areas, WAQP (channel 49); in the Grand Rapids area, WLLA (channel 64), WTLJ (channel 54); and in the Lansing area, WLNS (channel 6), WSYM (channel 47);

(13) For Mississippi, in the Biloxi-Gulfport areas, WXXV (channel 25); and in the Jackson area, WJTV (channel 12), WRBJ (channel 34), and WWJX (channel 51);

(14) For Missouri, in the Kansas City area, WDAF (channel 4); and in the St Louis area, KNLC (channel 24), KTVI (channel 2) and WRBU (channel 46);

(15) For New York, in the New York City area, WRNN(channel 48);

(16) For North Carolina, in the Charlotte area, WAXN (channel 64), and WSOC (channel 9); in the Greensboro area, WGHP (channel 8), and WLXI (channel 61); in the Greensboro-Highpoint-Winston-Salem areas, WGSR (channel 47); in the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC- Asheville, NC areas, WSPA (channel 7), and WYCW (channel 62); and in the Raleigh-Durham areas, WNCN (channel 17), and WRAY (channel 30);

(17) For Ohio, in the Cleveland area, WJW (channel 8), and WRLM (channel 67); in the Columbus area, WCMH (channel 4), WCPX (channel 38), and WSFJ (channel 51); in the Dayton area, WBDT (channel 26) and WHIO (channel 7); and in the Toledo area, WLMB (channel 40);

(18) For Oklahoma, in the Oklahoma City area, KAUT (channel 43), KFOR (channel 4), KOHC (channel 38), KSBI (channel 52), and KTUZ (channel 30); and in the Tulsa area, KGEB (channel 53), KMYT (channel 41), and KOKI (channel 23);

(19) For South Carolina, in the Charleston area, WAZS (channel 22), WCBD (channel 2), and WJNI (channel 42); in the Columbia area, WKTC (channel 63), and WZRB (channel 47); and in the Greenville area, WGGS (channel 16);

(20) For Tennessee, in the Chattanooga area, WDEF (channel 12); in the Knoxville area, WATE (channel 6), WBXX (channel 20) and WVLR (channel 48); in the Memphis area, WREG (channel 3); in the Nashville area, WJFB (channel 66) and WKRN (channel 2);

(21) For Texas, in the Austin area, KADF (channel 20); in the Corpus Christi area, KYDF (channel 64); in the Dallas area, KMPX (channel 29); in the El Paso area, KTDO (channel 48), and XHJC(channel 32); in the Houston area, KTBU (channel 55), KZJL (channel 61), and KUHT (channel 8); in the Lubbock area, KPTB (channel 16); in the Odessa-Midland area, KMLM (channel 42); and in the San Antonio area, KCWX (channel 2), and KVDF (channel 31);

(22) For Wisconsin, in the Green Bay area, WACY (channel 32), WBAY (channel 2), WGBA (channel 26); in the Madison area, WBUW (channel 55) and WISC (channel 3); and in the Milwaukee area WBME (channel 410, WITI (channel 6), WMKE (channel 8), WTMJ (channel 4), WVCY (channel 30).

Effective December 2, Encore Drama (channel 942) will become Encore Black and Encore Love (channel 934) will become Encore Classics.

Effective December 10, the following channels will move to the new location indicated: MC Pop Rhythmic (channel 5102), MC Dance/EDM (channel 5103), MCU (channel 5104), MC Hip-Hop and R&B (channel 5105), MC Rap (channel 5106), MC Hip-Hop Classics (5107), MC Throwback Jamz (channel 5108), MC R&B Classics (channel 5109), MC R&B Soul (channel 5110) , MC Gospel (channel 5111), MC Reggae (channel 5112), MC Rock (channel 5113), MC Metal (channel 5114), MC Alternative (channel 5115), MC Adult Alternative (channel 5116), MC Rock Hits (channel 5117), MC Classic Rock (channel 5118), MC Party Favorites (channel 5121), Teen MC (channel 5122), MC Kidz Only (channel 5123), MC Toddler Tunes (channel 5124), MC Y2K (channel 5125), MC 90s (channel 5126), MC 80s (channel 5127), MC 70s (channel 5128), MC Solid Gold Oldies (channel 5129), MC Pop Country (channel 5130), MC Today’s Country (channel 5131), MC Country Hits (channel 5132), MC Classic Country (channel 5133), MC Contemporary Christian (channel 5134), MC Pop Latino (channel 5134), MC Musica Urbana (channel 5136), MC Mexicana (channel 5137), MC Tropicales (channel 5138), MC Sounds of the Season (channel 5139), MC Soundscapes (channel 5140), MC Smooth Jazz (channel 5141), MC Jazz (channel 5142), MC Blues (channel 5143), MC Singers & Swing (channel 5144), MC Easy Listening (channel 5145) and MC Light Classical (channel 5146).

Effective December 10, MC Retro Rock (channel 5113) will be renamed Rock Hits, MC True Country (channel 5130) will be renamed Country Hits, and MC University (channel 5103) will be renamed Dance/EDM.

In addition on December 10, MC Classic Alternative (channel 5117), MC Romances (channel 5146), MC Classical Masterpieces (channel 5140), and MC Stage & Screen (channel 5126) will be removed from the U-verse channel line-up.

Effective December 31, SOAPnet (channel 365) will no longer be available.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

October Carriage Agreements

28 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(28)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 3:39:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Only channel that even remotely effects me is MLB Network.  Hope that one doesn't turn out to be another NHL Network issue.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: October Carriage Agreements

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 5:16:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Only channel that even remotely effects me is MLB Network.  Hope that one doesn't turn out to be another NHL Network issue.

I agree with you regarding the MLB Network. Now the question is who will be the first hysterical poster regarding MLB Network?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 7:00:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

I agree with you regarding the MLB Network. Now the question is who will be the first hysterical poster regarding MLB Network?

MLB Network may be leaving?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Seriously, I'm a little more worried about KTVU (San Francisco's Fox affiliate) and KICU (which a number of networks use to air shows when the usual stations pre-empt them with local sports).  Since KTVU supposedly has the highest-rated local late night news in the area, I don't see Fox asking for too much in carriage fees - then again, Fox has an ace up its sleeve: "Xfinity and DirecTV are probably getting their 'We can guarantee you will be able to watch the Super Bowl - can U-Verse say that?' ads ready as we speak,"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 9:38:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
So Music Choice might be leaving, but it also sounds like they're re-arranging the channels? This should be fun.

And if I had a dollar for each time BBC America showed up...HELLO RETIREMENT!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 9:56:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:
So Music Choice might be leaving, but it also sounds like they're re-arranging the channels? This should be fun.

And if I had a dollar for each time BBC America showed up...HELLO RETIREMENT!

That is what I get out of that notice.  i REALLY like MC and was a champion to try to get them back on U-Verse when that sucky Urge was all we had.  The rearranging will take a bit to get used to.

On another front, my wife won't be happy that Encore Love is going away but they did not have many of her chick flick / romances, anyway.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 12:37:23 PM
(0)
Scholar
MLB Network is going away. We freaking KNOW it is! U-Verse is way too cheap, stupid and pigheaded ever to add MLB Extra Innings and that will be the deal breaker. But when it does go away the fanboys here will still be defending U-Verse and singing their praises.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 1:07:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:
MLB Network is going away. We freaking KNOW it is! U-Verse is way too cheap, stupid and pigheaded ever to add MLB Extra Innings and that will be the deal breaker. But when it does go away the fanboys here will still be defending U-Verse and singing their praises.

You know, you really should just leave, get a set of rabbit ears and be done with cable tv of any kind. You have yet to say anything positive since you came here.  You don't like Dish, you don't like Direct, you have praised money hungry comcrap and wish you could have FiOS. No one is telling you to stay.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 2:45:35 PM
(0)
Scholar
Not a baseball fan, eh?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 4:49:21 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have a good feeling that EI will be added for next season.  That will be part of the deal to keep MLB.  And remember, baseball is America's Game.  Hockey is Canada's Game.  LOL!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 6:25:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:
Not a baseball fan, eh?

Huge MLB fan. Not worried about UVerse losing MLB Network.  I don't typically watch MLB Network anyway. I watch my Rangers and they are on my local RSN (including any game broadcast on MLB Network).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 7:23:14 PM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

Effective November 19, BBC America will be moving from channel 188 to channel 122 in all markets.

Is it too much to hope for that this could be a possible activation date for BBC America HD? Has a future HD channel pickup (for a current SD only channel) ever been announced in one of these Carriage Agreement notices?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 8:17:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Looks like Journal's carriage agreement is up. Let's hope they learned from the mess that kept them off Time Warner Cable for 3 months. Same goes for AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 8:32:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:

The winner of the first to get hysterical about the MLB Network contest. What type of prize shall we give?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2013 3:53:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

The winner of the first to get hysterical about the MLB Network contest. What type of prize shall we give?

clown nose.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2013 9:13:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you for posting that information, texasguy37!

I find it informative in part because I didn't know, until now, that Encore would be rebranding some its channels.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2013 9:32:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

dwinth wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

clown nose.jpg

That particular winner won't need that as true clowns should already have their clown nose on and a spare in that old suitcase.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2013 9:48:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

dwinth wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

I've got some extra steak knives I could donate.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 4:31:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

dwinth wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

I've got some extra steak knives I could donate.

Steak knives are sent only to people who are pro- U-Verse when that person posts something positive or defending U-Verse. They are never sent to someone who is as anti- U-Verse as the winner of the First To Get Hysterical About The MLB Network Award.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 7:45:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

I am rich and already have my share. I don't need yours. And no one at my job thinks I am a clown. If I find out they do, I'll fire them. It's a right to work state so I can do that. People know to stay on my good side...or else!

[Inappropriate content removed]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 8:02:50 AM
(0)
Expert

I know it's a bit off-topic, but a brief history of the steak knife metaphor:

While it's use has expanded on the forum in the last year or so, the original use of the steak knife metaphor was related to the accusation, directed usually at a regular forum participant, of being an AT&T employee when they are not.

The original conversation/thread went something like this (paraphrased):

New Poster: Complained about a U-Verse feature and/or AT&T policy.

Forum Regular: Explained that U-Verse/AT&T works or operates like that, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

New Poster: Accused forum regular of being a "shill", "fanboy", or AT&T employee.

Forum Regular: Stated that's the 999th time someone has accused him of being an employee.  One more time and he gets a free set of steak knives.

The metaphor comes from the movie "A Few Good Men", from the following scene:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 8:10:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Maybe he gets a spork?

s-sp.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 9:31:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:
I am rich and already have my share. I don't need yours. And no one at my job thinks I am a clown. If I find out they do, I'll fire them. It's a right to work state so I can do that. People know to stay on my good side...or else!

Nice!  You know, Right to Work, means Right to Work for Less?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 9:46:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I prefer the sporknife

spokrnife

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 11:01:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

I prefer the sporknife

spokrnife

Fair enough but do you really want to give someone like that, something sharp?  Danger to themselves and others......

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 12:54:20 PM
(0)
Explorer

Wow lots of noteworthy items in this carriage agreement.  I, too, am a Rangers fan and get them on my RSN but will still be sad to see MLB Network go.  Also, I sure hope the BBC America channel change means it's going to get HD as well.  Surely if they had re-new/re-negotiate the contract they included HD in it right?  I mean, it's 2013 every channel should have HD by now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 2:22:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

pacman_85 wrote:

Wow lots of noteworthy items in this carriage agreement.  I, too, am a Rangers fan and get them on my RSN but will still be sad to see MLB Network go.  Also, I sure hope the BBC America channel change means it's going to get HD as well.  Surely if they had re-new/re-negotiate the contract they included HD in it right?  I mean, it's 2013 every channel should have HD by now.

While there is lots to digest, 98% of the time, it's a non-issue, as everything is resolved.  Not a Baseball fan but MLB network does have lots of niche programming that is hard to replicate.  Keep the faith and ignore the Chicken Littles, on the forum.  The sky usually doesn't fall unless it's NHL (National Hallmark Leagure), lol!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 18, 2013 5:50:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:

They may not say it to your face, but if you're like this at work, I'm sure you have lots of negative comments behind your back.  Clown is being nice so the content doesn't get removed.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2013 8:35:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Media General is merging with another company.

Let's see how that changes things. They're in this big tizzy with Dish.

[ Edited ]