For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mquart's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 26th, 2015 10:01 PM

No audio on voicemail playbacks

When attempting voicemail playback using the ATT website I get no audio. Message "plays" i.e. I see it scrolling from left to right but there is no sound.  This issue started months ago with the latest Mac OS upgrade to Yosemite.  

Any alternate way anybodies found?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @mquart,

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your voicemail playbacks. Are you using the Quicktime or Windows Media Player plugin to play back the recordings? If possible, try a different browser. Also, once it scrolls through, it will have an option to save the voicemail to the computer. Try saving it to the computer and seeing if there is sound that way. 

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

DavidT
Pretty sure it’s using Quicktime. I did use another browser with same result. (no audio). The Apple genius “retroed” the OS back to the previous one and it worked fine. So it is something to do with how the ATT software fails to communicate with the new OS 10.10.1 Yosemite, which isn’t so new anymore and of course on all new Macs.
Now the good news! When saved to the computer it plays back on I-Tunes just fine. Guess I saw that prompt before but never tried it. A bit of a hassle but at least it works.

Thanks for your help!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

I am glad the work around is working with saving the file. We have not seen any reported issues. The site just runs the audio through one of the media apps, but I apologize about all the issues. If you do upgrade again, I did find this online about sound issues after the update:

How to Fix OS X Yosemite Sound Problems

OS X Yosemite sound problems can prevent users  from listening to audio over the speakers or with headphones. This is not something everyone will run into, but for users who face it, the problem is very frustrating. It doesn’t help that the Mac changes behavior based on when you plug headphones in.

Reset SMC and PRAM and then toggle the sound settings.

Reset SMC and PRAM and then toggle the sound settings.

On the Apple Support Forums dominic23 shares a solution to this problem. First you need to Reset PRAM and Reset SMC and then you need to go into your sound settings.

System Preferences > Sound> Sound Effects

Play sound effects through:

Select “Internal speakers” and then back to “Selected sound output device”.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I’ll give it a try. Thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.