kregg451's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 19th, 2013 10:56 PM

Closed

No Al Jazeera

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

We dropped the Current TV channel, and will not carry Al Jazeera America, on U-verse due to contract disputes. We could not reach an agreement with the owner that we believe provided value for our customers and our business.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Al Jazeera America is scheduled to start broadcasting on channel 189 Tuesday 8/20.

Let's not pass judgement just yet.

Tuesday launch

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@kregg451 wrote:

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

Al Jazeera America is not propoganda from Islamic extremists.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I might tune in to see whether or not they are going to be an unbiased media outlet, but if they are as left leaning as CNN, MSNBC I'll just hide the channel.  If they are neutral, I might make them more of my regular news outlet.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

I might tune in to see whether or not they are going to be an unbiased media outlet, but if they are as left leaning as CNN, MSNBC I'll just hide the channel.  If they are neutral, I might make them more of my regular news outlet.

Well OUFan, as you can see from Dmitri's post, no you won't tune in.  That is too bad as I have heard that they are very neutral.  The Al Jazera website channel finder for my zip shows that they are on 189.  Oops.  U-Verse is not an option on their request a provider section as they still think that we have them.  They are on Comcast, 4DTV (freeview)Dish and Direct but I do not see Bright House.

When will the posts start to fly in, asking for the loss of any programming on 189? LOL!

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

Well OUFan, as you can see from Dmitri's post, no you won't tune in.  That is too bad as I have heard that they are very neutral.  The Al Jazera website channel finder for my zip shows that they are on 189.  Oops.  U-Verse is not an option on their request a provider section as they still think that we have them.  They are on Comcast, 4DTV (freeview)Dish and Direct but I do not see Bright House.

When will the posts start to fly in, asking for the loss of any programming on 189? LOL!

That won't happen. Nobody watched Current!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

That won't happen. Nobody watched Current!

Oh it will happen!  Trust me.  The few times that a channel has left (taken down by the channel owners) or an agreement not reached, there has been at least a few such silly requests.  I want my two cents that they paid each month, lol.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I watched Current, it was the reason I left Charter.  Cenk Uygur and John Fugelsang were the best journalists in the business.  Al Jazeera is supposed to have a pro-western slant, but from an Arab point of view that could be interesting.  My at&t contract expires in a few weeks, and with Dexter and Breaking Bad winding down I will go to the cheapest basic tv/internet package I can find. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

You know, pittman, I might just do the same thing.  I was so looking forward to this channel, and I am not even on a contract.  Comcrap, here I come Smiley Sad.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

This is unbelievable that people are threatening to quit U-Verse over a news channel that no one had cared about or even mentioned before Current TV sold out to Al Jazeera. I never even heard of Current TV until it was brought out that Al Gore was behind it.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.