disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree!!  I takes forever to load for ever click!!  I called customer service to COMPLAIN about it, & the tech guy gave me a website to go to to complain, & of course, there WAS NOT one!!!  In this day & time, when everything is all about speed-they went slow, slower,  & slowest!!!!!  What were they thinking??  They should FIRE the person who thought this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I went to that link to go back to the other way On Demand used to be, but it didn't work. I still have that half circle spinning and spinning until the page loads. I grew a 5 o'clock shadow waiting for the pages to load!!! What other cable/satellite company are they trying to imitate with this set up? I pay over $240.00 for this bundle service and I do not like waiting to see what's on demand when I want to watch a particular movie and or show!!!!!

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I know! Now I have to click through the on-demand screen. What happened to the good old days of just turning your tv on and having an actual channel on! I'd so rather do that than feel like I'm in a constant marketing barrage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Sweet Jesus go back to how on demand used to be is it that hard? You 1diots have to be loosing money because most people can't find sheet now! 9 pages of complaints and you moroons still have not gone back to the old format or at least something a human can understand how to man over through.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I think to AT&T it should be very telling how many people have registered as new forum members just to come in and post in this forum thread about how bad the new on-demand is.  Unfortunately, they won't ever get the message.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree...

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Scott53 wrote:

Doing a reply to my own post is a bit tacky agreed, but do any of you old timers remember in 2007 when Uverse did that nation wide system upgrade and blew the whole system up for 3 days? I always wondered what happened to the person who did that? Guess I now have a sneaky feeling they are in charge of IT software programming changes for the system. Hmmm could it be that the Peter Principle is alive and well at AT&T?

Promoted to Executive Vice President in charge of Implementation?  Of course, I'm kidding but that does happen in Business, Industry and Government.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 years ago

MRROK - Your bill is over $240 for U-Verse? What exactly are you paying for? Even with the fastest internet and U-450 plus two extra STBs, I have a hard time imagining a bill over $170.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 years ago

tgoodhue225 - I have seen a few people referred to as "one post wonders." It is quite possible and probably likely, that competing companies have employees who set up a free email address just to come here and make one or two posts, then leave. A few months later, they'll be back under a different name, complaining about something else. Keep in mind that people only come to complain and not to compliment. If things are good, they probably won't seek out a help forum.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

baseballisback - Yeah, I might be inclined to agree with you as it refers to almost anything else, but not this topic.  Definitely not this topic; people are coming in here legitimately to complain about how they just totally screwed up the on-demand.  Maybe you haven't been unlucky enough to experience it yet.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.