Reply
Posted Apr 24, 2013
7:53:59 AM
New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

 

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

 

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 19, 2013 10:18:57 AM
0
(0)
Community Specialist

Hello everyone!  Thanks for all the feedback on this topic, we appreciate it.

 

Did you know that you can change the view? You can actually switch from the ‘Poster View’ to the ‘List View’ format by following the steps below.

 

  1. Select the ‘On Demand’ button on the remote control
  2. Select a menu item from the vertical menu bar on the left hand side of the TV screen (ex: U-verse Movies)
  3. Scroll left then scroll down using the arrow keys on your remote control to select ‘Switch to List View’

Users can toggle back to ‘Poster View’ using the same steps.

 

More info on this topic can be found at:U-verse TV On Demand display options 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
14,231 views
300 replies
(11) Me too
(11) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(300)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 22, 2013 9:00:08 PM
0
(0)
Mentor
Edited by jt1955 on May 22, 2013 at 9:01:31 PM

NO, if I have to PAY for it.

Re: New On Demand GUI is terrible

[ Edited ]
121 of 301 (1,926 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 23, 2013 8:19:03 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
I just got the new ondemand format yes its a little slow but not that bad as some people are saying can still watch videos fine .

Re: New On Demand GUI is terrible

122 of 301 (1,881 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 23, 2013 9:18:05 AM
0
(0)
Tutor

I called ATT and spoke to a person, who said they are well aware of the complaints registered and are working hard to correct (whatever that means), but could give no dates or other information, so it is as good as no information.

Re: New On Demand GUI is terrible

123 of 301 (1,869 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 23, 2013 10:10:32 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

AT&T made me chuckle today.

 

My services are U-450 only, no internet, no phone.

 

I called in to get a promotion extended (mission accomplished) and at the end mentioned the slow speed of the new GUI. The rep transferred me to technical support where he said my RG hadn't been reset in 61 days and he could do it remotely. He did and nothing got any better. Then I got put on hold for a few minutes for him to do some research and he said my wireless channel was set on default and he could "tweak" the wireless settings so that the RG would get a better signal from AT&T. 

 

After I explained that I didn't have AT&T internet and had turned off the wireless in the RG, he insisted the new GUI data was being was being transmitted directly from AT&T wirelessly from the street and changing the default channel would improve my reception and speed up the interface.

 

 

OK, he was trying to be helpful so I told him to make the change, but what does a turned off wireless channel have to do with anything? LOL 

 

 

Re: New On Demand GUI is terrible

124 of 301 (1,853 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 23, 2013 11:10:01 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

Don_H wrote:

AT&T made me chuckle today.

 

My services are U-450 only, no internet, no phone.

 

I called in to get a promotion extended (mission accomplished) and at the end mentioned the slow speed of the new GUI. The rep transferred me to technical support where he said my RG hadn't been reset in 61 days and he could do it remotely. He did and nothing got any better. Then I got put on hold for a few minutes for him to do some research and he said my wireless channel was set on default and he could "tweak" the wireless settings so that the RG would get a better signal from AT&T. 

 

After I explained that I didn't have AT&T internet and had turned off the wireless in the RG, he insisted the new GUI data was being was being transmitted directly from AT&T wirelessly from the street and changing the default channel would improve my reception and speed up the interface.

 

 

OK, he was trying to be helpful so I told him to make the change, but what does a turned off wireless channel have to do with anything? LOL 

 

 


Exactly like my experience with my failing Belkin Battery backup.  I prefaced my call by saying, "I have traditional AT&Tcopper phone service."  I explained that I wanted to hook my RG directly to the wall and retire the Belkin.  The first answer "you need that to make phone calls if the power fails."  And I reiterated, "I don't have U-Voice." and the counter was "it will allow you to use some other type of VOIP service" and once again I told them I do not use that.  There finally was a pause and an "oh" and the sudden realization that her script had led her down a rabbit hole. :smileyvery-happy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand GUI is terrible

125 of 301 (1,845 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 23, 2013 8:29:21 PM
0
(0)
Contributor
It really does suck!! They took away my On Demand HD for Bates Motel!!! Thank God I am moving soon and they dont have uverse there. Back to Xfinity.

Re: The Uverse update this past weekend sucks. .

126 of 301 (1,786 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 24, 2013 5:31:15 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

I love how ATT keeps things fresh and updated but when it slows everything down and in On Demand making it more arduous to find it's very annoying. Speed it up or change it back ATT.

Re: The Uverse update this past weekend sucks. .

127 of 301 (1,736 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 11:28:33 AM
0
(0)
Contributor

While many of us have expressed that we would REALLY appreciate slow motion frame-by-frame capability (like Comcast has), Uverse has evidentally found better ways to spend time fixing something that isn't broken.

 

The new On Demand format is HORRIBLY SLOW and SO ANNOYING.  This is a deal-breaker for my household.  Whereas the format used to be simple and straightforward, easy to navigate and choose a movie, now you get to wait for ONE MINUTE for it to load, ONE MINUTE for the first row of movie jackets (that you cannot read, even if you have a 55 inch HD television) to load, ONE MINUTE MORE to load the next set of movie jackets that you cannot read, then ANOTHER MINUTE of "please wait" while the information loads for you to just read the movie blurb!  God forbid that you decide not to view the movie, because then you get to start the entire FIVE MINUTE PROCESS just to pick another movie that you may or may not decide to watch.

 

NO WAY, AT&T HOUSTON!!!  COMCAST, WE ARE COMING BACK TO YOU - AFTER 3 YEARS OF UVERSE!

 

New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

128 of 301 (1,839 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 11:39:38 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

I am sure uverse will miss you  but I like the new format.

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

129 of 301 (1,873 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 11:52:53 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 25, 2013 at 11:53:37 AM

When you make the first right arrow , look on left border and see 3 icons, bottom 1 will change it back to a list version.

 

For me, it loads in 5-10 seconds, then everything moves very fast on my replacement 2250. :smileywink:

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

[ Edited ]
130 of 301 (1,868 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 12:55:02 PM
0
(0)
Scholar
It works fine to me what i like about it is the new instant queue i had it few days now and gotten use it not that as slow as people claiming it to be .

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

131 of 301 (1,851 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 12:59:47 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

Wow mibrnsurg! THANK YOU! :smileyhappy:

 

You'd think that, in the 34 minutes I was on the phone with AT&T Uverse technical support person, he would have TOLD ME that!  Instead, now I have to call and cancel the service repairman appointment that the tech support guy scheduled to come to my house.  After rebooting my system and restarting it a couple of times from his end, he determined that I must have a "latency problem."  He had no idea of the new On Demand format I described to him.  Geesh.

 

Typical.  AT&T left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

 

THANKS AGAIN, mibrnsurg! :smileyhappy:

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

132 of 301 (1,846 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 1:02:33 PM
0
(0)
Scholar
You can add movies and shows to your queue the old format did not have it i am getting use to it the new ondemand its fine to me .

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

133 of 301 (1,841 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 1:07:49 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

I agree, it's horrible, slow, and smaller font harder to read...Looks like netflix, couldn't they be more originial? 

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

134 of 301 (1,837 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 2:29:01 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

InHou wrote:

Wow mibrnsurg! THANK YOU! :smileyhappy:

 

You'd think that, in the 34 minutes I was on the phone with AT&T Uverse technical support person, he would have TOLD ME that!  Instead, now I have to call and cancel the service repairman appointment that the tech support guy scheduled to come to my house.  After rebooting my system and restarting it a couple of times from his end, he determined that I must have a "latency problem."  He had no idea of the new On Demand format I described to him.  Geesh.

 

Typical.  AT&T left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

 

THANKS AGAIN, mibrnsurg! :smileyhappy:


You're welcome.  Many times here we've given the solution when TS/CS is clueless (even if they understand). :smileyvery-happy:

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

135 of 301 (1,811 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 3:31:13 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

InHou wrote:

Wow mibrnsurg! THANK YOU! :smileyhappy:

 

You'd think that, in the 34 minutes I was on the phone with AT&T Uverse technical support person, he would have TOLD ME that!  Instead, now I have to call and cancel the service repairman appointment that the tech support guy scheduled to come to my house.  After rebooting my system and restarting it a couple of times from his end, he determined that I must have a "latency problem."  He had no idea of the new On Demand format I described to him.  Geesh.

 

Typical.  AT&T left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

 

THANKS AGAIN, mibrnsurg! :smileyhappy:


Many of the CSRs don't have UVerse so they have no way of knowing what you are seeing.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

136 of 301 (1,788 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 1:35:35 AM
0
(0)
Contributor

i am having the exact same issue, i have called multiple times.

 

the issue began immediatly after the update to the on demand ui, ive been told by tech support twice tickets would be put in, call backs have not been done. And they seem to always blame it on my xbox. I've seen about 10 other posts on 3rd party forums were people are having the same issue, i have realized you are the only post on ATT's forums because their tech support is worthless. 

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

137 of 301 (1,696 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 2:57:24 AM
0
(0)
Contributor
I just wanted to reply and voice my displeasure as well. The On Demand service is extremely slow. It took me long enough to figure out how to breeze through it and now it's so slow I won't bother with it.

WILL ATT GIVE DISCOUNTS TO THOSE OF US WHO BASICALLY HAVE NO ON DEMAND SERVICE DUE TO REFUSING TO DEAL WITH SUCH A MIND-NUMBINGLY SLOW PRODUCT.

Sure, it looks great, but it runs like CRAP.

Re: The Uverse update this past weekend sucks. .

138 of 301 (1,715 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 6:01:46 AM
0
(0)
Contributor

Same issue on my XBox 360, called tech support.  Was told that the new On Demand does not work with the existing U-Verse application - guess someone failed to test this when they did the On Demand update. Best case is that that they will push out a new UVerse App at some point in the future to resolve this.

 

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

139 of 301 (1,689 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 6:28:48 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

I've used it enough now that I actually like it.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems to have gotten quicker the more I use it, and I use it A LOT. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more

140 of 301 (1,670 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 8:13:54 AM
0
(0)
Voyager

mibrnsurg, this change does not speed up the program.

 

Still slower than molasses in January. The old format was considerably faster, this new one is likely to cause a lot of customers to change over to Dish TV or other service. Also, the movies in premium on demand haven't changed much in two years.

 

Got to go check on pricing for Dish!!!!

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

141 of 301 (1,673 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 8:26:52 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sully1c wrote:

 

mibrnsurg, this change does not speed up the program.

 

Still slower than molasses in January. The old format was considerably faster, this new one is likely to cause a lot of customers to change over to Dish TV or other service. Also, the movies in premium on demand haven't changed much in two years.

 

Got to go check on pricing for Dish!!!!


Apparently, you are not familiar with how On Demand works with Dish.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

142 of 301 (1,662 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 9:10:18 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
I had Directv and there ondemand is a lot slower and lot of times would not work i am sure Dish ondemand is the same way Uverse ondemand is not that slow to me and works fine .

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

143 of 301 (1,650 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 9:29:06 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 26, 2013 at 9:32:14 AM

InHou wrote:

While many of us have expressed that we would REALLY appreciate slow motion frame-by-frame capability (like Comcast has), Uverse has evidentally found better ways to spend time fixing something that isn't broken.

 

The new On Demand format is HORRIBLY SLOW and SO ANNOYING.  This is a deal-breaker for my household.  Whereas the format used to be simple and straightforward, easy to navigate and choose a movie, now you get to wait for ONE MINUTE for it to load, ONE MINUTE for the first row of movie jackets (that you cannot read, even if you have a 55 inch HD television) to load, ONE MINUTE MORE to load the next set of movie jackets that you cannot read, then ANOTHER MINUTE of "please wait" while the information loads for you to just read the movie blurb!  God forbid that you decide not to view the movie, because then you get to start the entire FIVE MINUTE PROCESS just to pick another movie that you may or may not decide to watch.

 

NO WAY, AT&T HOUSTON!!!  COMCAST, WE ARE COMING BACK TO YOU - AFTER 3 YEARS OF UVERSE!

 


Have you done a reboot to clean all the junk out of the memory?  That could help, Thursday I got a 2250 replacing my original 1216.  The 2250 is very fast as I notice it has 48000 KB of memory, the 1216 only had 8-9000 KB of memory.

 

I don't have any problem w/On Demand or Search.  On Demand you can turn it back into a list version.  After the first right arrow, look in the lower left border for 3 small icons, the bottom will turn it back into a list version. :smileywink:

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

[ Edited ]
144 of 301 (1,636 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 10:39:16 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Guru
It shouldn't take 30-75 seconds to bring up one screen like it does now. And why is the search feature bringing up shows that I can't record because I'm not subscribed? Blocking stuff from the program guide was a major reason why I dropped my old provider.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more

145 of 301 (1,634 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 3:36:03 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

bmsmb wrote:

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

 

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.


Why was this post moved here?!?!  I'm not complaining about the new On-Demand, I need help getting it to work on my XBox.  Taylarie moved it here "for better exposure",  but now my post gets buried in a pile of complaints.     

 

I can load the interface, but all of the videos say "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  These videos work on my other receiver.  I've rebooted my XBox and reset my system from the options menu.  Any suggestions?

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

146 of 301 (1,586 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 3:39:52 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

Might try a unplug/plug in 30 second reboot of the RG to try and get On Demand on the Xbox. :smileywink:

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

147 of 301 (1,589 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 4:01:07 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

bmsmb wrote:

bmsmb wrote:

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

 

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.


Why was this post moved here?!?!  I'm not complaining about the new On-Demand, I need help getting it to work on my XBox.  Taylarie moved it here "for better exposure",  but now my post gets buried in a pile of complaints.     

 

I can load the interface, but all of the videos say "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  These videos work on my other receiver.  I've rebooted my XBox and reset my system from the options menu.  Any suggestions?


Someone posted the same issue on the dslreports.com forum:

 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28321084-New-on-demand-UI-doesn-t-work-on-XBox

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

148 of 301 (1,581 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 4:05:52 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sounds like that user on DSLReports rebooted the DVR (and not the RG) as he stated he did from the Options menu. :smileywink:

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

149 of 301 (1,577 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2013 4:10:51 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

texasguy37 wrote:

bmsmb wrote:

bmsmb wrote:

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

 

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.


Why was this post moved here?!?!  I'm not complaining about the new On-Demand, I need help getting it to work on my XBox.  Taylarie moved it here "for better exposure",  but now my post gets buried in a pile of complaints.     

 

I can load the interface, but all of the videos say "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  These videos work on my other receiver.  I've rebooted my XBox and reset my system from the options menu.  Any suggestions?


Someone posted the same issue on the dslreports.com forum:

 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28321084-New-on-demand-UI-doesn-t-work-on-XBox


That's me.  I'm just trying to maximize exposure.

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

150 of 301 (1,573 Views)
Share this post
Share this post