New Channels - PAC 12 Channels

I see new channels in the Guide:

759 - PAC 12 Network - National

760 - PAC 12 Network - Bay Area

761 - PAC 12 Network - Los Angeles

1759 - PAC 12 Network - National HD

1760 - PAC 12 Network - Bay Area HD

1761 - PAC 12 Network - Los Angeles HD

If you don't see the channels in your Guide, reboot your receivers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 7, 2013 12:39:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

New Channels - PAC 12 Channels

53 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(53)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 6:03:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

excellent

Now, where's codycooper64 and his rumors?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: New Channels - PAC 12 Channels

2 of 54 (3,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 6:47:43 AM
(0)
Mentor
Between this and bein sports U-Verse is on fire. I'm overseas on vacation and can't wait to see these when I'm back. Hats off to AT&T for both of these huge additions. I thought U-Verse didn't add channels on Saturdays, or was that Sundays? Oh who cares. Just need ESPN Goaline up and runinng and NHL Network back now.

3 of 54 (3,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 7:12:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
Great news on the PAC 12 network Dish and Directv and Verizon who .

4 of 54 (3,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 7:13:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In the 4 1/2 years that I have had U-verse, this is the first time that I have ever seen them add a new channel on a Saturday.  I guess they wanted the channels up and running prior to today's games.

By the way, yesterday's addition of beIN Sport on a Friday was also unusual.  There have been a few instances in the past where new channels have been added on a Friday; however, the normal days that U-verse adds new channels are on Monday's and Thursdays.

5 of 54 (3,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 8:39:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

I had to reboot my RG. That is the first time i have ever had to do that for any thing new.

6 of 54 (3,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 8:44:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Awesome week for Uverse! Bein & now Pac 12! :smileyvery-happy:

7 of 54 (3,753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 11:42:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yay!

8 of 54 (3,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 11:49:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Looking at the channel guide, it seems that for the most part all three channels have the same thing on at the same time. I did find a few exceptions such as with women's volleyball. Nevertheless, duplication on all three channels is better than no channels at all.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

9 of 54 (3,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 11:50:00 AM
(0)
Mentor

yes! Thank you Uverse!

10 of 54 (3,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 7, 2013 12:39:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

11 of 54 (3,532 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 12:49:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I assume that we cannot get PAC12- Arizona, Mountain, Oregon, and Washington because U-Verse does not serve those states yet.

http://pac-12.com/networks

When I checked, U-Verse was not yet listed on the provider list so that video could be streamed onto your computer from Network, Bay Area, and Los Angeles.

12 of 54 (3,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 1:21:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

Nevertheless, duplication on all three channels is better than no channels at all.

What is the purpose of carrying three channels if it's all the same programming?  Will the Bay Area and Los Angeles channels eventually broadcast something different from the national channels?

I noticed that two other providers in Orange County that carry Pac-12 don't carry the Bay Area channel and that Dish only carries the national channel.

13 of 54 (3,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 1:58:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

14 of 54 (3,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:10:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

What is the purpose of carrying three channels if it's all the same programming?  Will the Bay Area and Los Angeles channels eventually broadcast something different from the national channels?

I noticed that two other providers in Orange County that carry Pac-12 don't carry the Bay Area channel and that Dish only carries the national channel.

Yes, there will be some programming distinction, as well as some duplicate programming.

Kudos to AT&T.  

15 of 54 (3,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:32:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

I saw the channels on my guide today and subscribed to the Sports package several hours ago (on U-200 in San Diego 92122). I still get that I am not subscribed despite the Account Manager application saying that changes would take effect in 30 minutes, and that I have rebooted my RG about an hour ago. Any thoughts on how to get the channel activated?

I was not subscribed to the Sports package until this morning, and since I subscribed I have access to the CBS Sports channel, which was previously not subscribed. So I know that the Sports package has been applied to my account.

16 of 54 (3,429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:34:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 7, 2013 at 2:35:01 PM

Are you sure that the Pac 12 channels are part of the Sports Package?  I have not seen any information as to what packages these channels have been placed in.

[ Edited ]
17 of 54 (3,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:41:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

That was based on an (admittedly convoluted) online chat who eventually said that the network is available on the Sports package, and when I was looking at the channel lineup to see what package I needed to subscribe to, it said that the Pac-12 Networks would be available as an "Option" for U-200 and it is listed as a Premium channel for U-200. When I search the Sports package specifically the Pac-12 Network doesn't show up, but I can't figure out what packages it might be in.

18 of 54 (3,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:44:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 7, 2013 at 2:44:26 PM

Have you tried rebooting the U-verse recever connected to the TV?

[ Edited ]
19 of 54 (3,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:51:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I rebooted the receiver, that didn't work, so I rebooted my gateway, that didn't work, I tried another TV without luck. I went on to chat since I don't have enough minutes on my cell phone plan to try the phone customer support. It took 30 minutes before I gave up trying to convince them that indeed U-verse now carries the Pac-12 network (They were reciting old lines of AT&T refusing to pass along unreasonable costs to the customer). Right when I gave up and asked them to remove the Sports package, they said "Good news I just found out the Pac-12 network is available on the Sports package". They said they added it back and gave me a month free, but it still doesn't work (suprise). CBS Sports is still working, though. I just restarted the second receiver, no change. I would restart the RG again but that would kick me out of chat (which the representative might actually prefer...)

20 of 54 (3,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 2:55:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sounds like you have already done everything that I would suggest.  I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

This won't help you today, but if you can't get this resolved, please send a PM to AT&T Customer Care who can help get your issue resolved.  Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

21 of 54 (3,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 3:05:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks. The representative now says it is only available on U300, and not on the Sports package, at least in my zip code. The online channel listing shows 759-761 as only available with U300, but 1759-1761 as available on both U300 and U200 with the HD Tech upgrade (http://www.att.com/channellineup/u-verse/channel-lineup.jsp?locale=en_US&mode=&flag=&zipcode=92122&c...

A lot of confusion here. It sounds like they may offer to upgrade me to U300 for a few months free which will work, but I don't know that $15 extra a month will be worth it for the Pac 12 networks after football season is over.

22 of 54 (3,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 3:34:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sounds like something is screwed up with your zip code.  It may be due to the fact that they had to rush today to get things setup to broadcast the channel.

23 of 54 (3,337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013 3:55:41 PM
(0)
Explorer

I plugged in various zip codes in the U-verse channel lineup website and came up with the following:

In the LA and Bay areas, Pac-12 is part of U200

In California, outside of the LA and Bay areas, Pac-12 is part of U300

Outside of California, Pac-12 is part of the sports package

Jim

24 of 54 (3,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2013 9:27:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by tj_1 on Sep 8, 2013 at 9:28:27 AM

based on the att website channel lineups, these channels are in the hd premium tier out of market, like the various fox and comcast rsn's. I don't see anything about u300.

unless they changed it since yesterday...

[ Edited ]
25 of 54 (3,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2013 9:44:08 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by dodgebruce on Sep 8, 2013 at 10:01:49 AM

I am also a fellow San Diegan with U200. No one seems to know how to get these channels, it's ridiculous. Things tried yesterday that didn't work:

1) Sports Package - I left this on because they are doing a 1-month free promotion right now

2) HD Premium Tier - gave me other HD Premium Channels, but this did not get me Pac-12

3) U300 - the lady insisted this would work. It did not. I gave it all night.

It appears that the only thing that would work is the U450 - my San Diego friend has this, and is receiving the Pac-12 network with no other packages. But I don't want to pay an extra $50 a month.

LA to the north - my UVerse friends are on U200 and get the channel.

According to the AT&T U Verse Channel Lineup, it should be available on U200. It says Optional and when I click on Optional, it says: "Available with the HD Technology Fee at $10/month." Which I am already doing.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

For zip code 92117

It appears they rolled it out much better in the Los Angeles and Bay Areas. Hopefully, they figure out San Diego.

[ Edited ]
26 of 54 (3,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2013 10:11:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

tj_1 wrote:

based on the att website channel lineups, these channels are in the hd premium tier out of market, like the various fox and comcast rsn's. I don't see anything about u300.

unless they changed it since yesterday...

No, out of market, these channels are in the Sports Package and the U450 Package.  That is the reason that you have both the SD and HD versions of he channels.  If they were in the HD Premium Tier, you would only have the HD versions of the channels.

Also, some parts of California do have these channels in the U300 Package.

27 of 54 (3,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2013 10:15:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

ah, in that case they are not listed as part of the sports package on the website. Sports pkg is part of u450, so there need be no distinction there.

I believe its in U200 in my market....I moved a few weeks ago and now am stuck with COX.

28 of 54 (3,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2013 10:16:45 AM
(0)
Scholar

I just put your zip code 92117 in and it says u300.

29 of 54 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2013 10:18:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dodgebruce wrote:

I am also a fellow San Diegan with U200. No one seems to know how to get these channels, it's ridiculous. Things tried yesterday that didn't work:

1) Sports Package - I left this on because they are doing a 1-month free promotion right now

2) HD Premium Tier - gave me other HD Premium Channels, but this did not get me Pac-12

3) U300 - the lady insisted this would work. It did not. I gave it all night.

It appears that the only thing that would work is the U450 - my San Diego friend has this, and is receiving the Pac-12 network with no other packages. But I don't want to pay an extra $50 a month.

LA to the north - my UVerse friends are on U200 and get the channel.

According to the AT&T U Verse Channel Lineup, it should be available on U200. It says Optional and when I click on Optional, it says: "Available with the HD Technology Fee at $10/month." Which I am already doing.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

For zip code 92117

It appears they rolled it out much better in the Los Angeles and Bay Areas. Hopefully, they figure out San Diego.

According to the link below, in your zip code, the channels are available in the U300 Package.

https://uma.att.com/general/201-AMSS-X-DMA2-POPUP.html

30 of 54 (3,017 Views)