Posted Aug 31, 2012
New 48 Mbps internet plan soon?

I was recently looking at the AT&T speed test and it seems to have gone up to 48 Mbps now and it was 24 Mbps topped off before. Seems each listed number on the speed meter shows one of AT&T's internet plan speeds. Not sure but just figured.

1.png

New 48 Mbps internet plan soon?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

It may be marketing hype.  But good catch.  Interesting rumor fodder at least. :smileyhappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New 48 Mbps internet plan soon?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

48 seems possible if they're still doing that 55 Mbps profile.

32-24= 8 Mbps left

55-48= 7 Mbps left

:smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2012
(0)

The installer who was at our house last month said that it is in the works.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2012
(0)

I remember when the cars built back in the 1940's and 1950's had speedometers that had top readings of 120 miles per hour.  But try as I might I could never get my dad's '47 Chevy sedan with in-line 6 motor to go over 90.

So I'll believe it when I see it.Smiley winks.gif

"I offered my opponents a deal: if they stop telling lies about me,
I will stop telling the truth about them".
~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952..

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2012
(0)

Well to bounce off the other thread here. Maybe 48 Mbps down/ 4 Mbps up :smileyhappy:?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2012
(0)

hpmsrm wrote:

I remember when the cars built back in the 1940's and 1950's had speedometers that had top readings of 120 miles per hour.  But try as I might I could never get my dad's '47 Chevy sedan with in-line 6 motor to go over 90.

So I'll believe it when I see it.Smiley winks.gif

My 56 had a 120 spedo and I had a 235 straight 6 with 3 on the tree and I could bury the speedometer.  Took a while to get there, but once it got wound up, ran like a scalded rabbit.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 14, 2012
(0)

Interesting line on the new internet terms and conditions put out yesterday that go into effect 10/24/12:

"AT&T may periodically introduce new speed ranges or revise the existing speed ranges. Because these new speed ranges may become available before this Agreement is updated, you should check www.att.com for the most current product information. For purposes of clarity, this Agreement applies to all speed ranges offered by AT&T, even those which are not specifically identified above"

Not sure if that was on the old terms too but I found it interesting lol.

I thought this part seemed a little : /.

"   c. Termination of Voice Service. If you change or terminate your AT&T local wireline voice service, we may in our discretion either terminate your AT&T High Speed Internet Service or continue to provide it at the then-current rates, terms and conditions applicable for AT&T High Speed Internet Direct, our broadband service without voice. You agree to pay any new or higher monthly fees that may apply to your new Service after termination of the wireline voice service. If AT&T elects to terminate your Service, we reserve the right to charge any applicable early termination fees. For AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet customers, AT&T will continue to provide Internet service after termination of the wireline voice service, unless it is not technically feasible to do so."

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 14, 2012
(0)

Darknessrise wrote:

Interesting line on the new internet terms and conditions put out yesterday that go into effect 10/24/12:

"AT&T may periodically introduce new speed ranges or revise the existing speed ranges. Because these new speed ranges may become available before this Agreement is updated, you should check www.att.com for the most current product information. For purposes of clarity, this Agreement applies to all speed ranges offered by AT&T, even those which are not specifically identified above"

Not sure if that was on the old terms too but I found it interesting lol.

I thought this part seemed a little : /.

"   c. Termination of Voice Service. If you change or terminate your AT&T local wireline voice service, we may in our discretion either terminate your AT&T High Speed Internet Service or continue to provide it at the then-current rates, terms and conditions applicable for AT&T High Speed Internet Direct, our broadband service without voice. You agree to pay any new or higher monthly fees that may apply to your new Service after termination of the wireline voice service. If AT&T elects to terminate your Service, we reserve the right to charge any applicable early termination fees. For AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet customers, AT&T will continue to provide Internet service after termination of the wireline voice service, unless it is not technically feasible to do so."

On the last paragraph, they're pushing DSL out the door as fast as they can.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 15, 2012
(0)

"Shrug"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2012
(0)

Might want to check out this DSL Reports thread:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27295158-45MB-Internet-on-55MB-Bonded-Profile- :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2012
(0)

The tech that did my install in August was saying they had it in the works. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2013
(0)

well its going to happen cause i just upgraded to the 45mb internet which later on will increase my profile for the 45/5 profile and able me to have more then the 4 streamings