Bruddah_John's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, October 19th, 2014 5:42 PM

NFL Sunday Morning Games in LA

I have UVerse 300 in Los Angeles and for some reason both NFL games are not available on CBS and Fox. They carry on one channel, and the other has Paid Programming. It wasn't always that way, and in the past couple of weeks it switches availability -- 2 weeks ago the CBS game played while Fox was off; last week and this week CBS is unavailable while the Fox game is broadcasting.

What is going on? I don't require much as far as TV programming is concerned. But don't mess with my sports channels during football season!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Bruddah_John wrote:
I have UVerse 300 in Los Angeles and for some reason both NFL games are not available on CBS and Fox. They carry on one channel, and the other has Paid Programming. It wasn't always that way, and in the past couple of weeks it switches availability -- 2 weeks ago the CBS game played while Fox was off; last week and this week CBS is unavailable while the Fox game is broadcasting.

What is going on? I don't require much as far as TV programming is concerned. But don't mess with my sports channels during football season!

You are getting what you are supposed to get.  You may have two early games and one late game or vice versa.  This week lol, it is vica versa,  @Bruddah_John .  Look at this site, each week.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Bruddah_John wrote:

Complain to the stations, not a Uverse problem, all governed by the NFL.  Same thing can occur here, the games are not for our market and are not the National game played everywhere, so no game.

Exact thing happening now in metro Detroit, Lions on Fox 2, but CBS 62 has paid programs now, late game later. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

same here in the baton rouge dma.....we have the saints/lions game on fox....paid programming on our cbs channel.....so i switching in between the saints game and red zone

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Ok, thanks all. Just frustrating that the games were never split up like this until recently. Don't really understand the rationale.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall the link you provided doesn't work when I click on it.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Bruddah_John wrote:
@dhascall the link you provided doesn't work when I click on it.

Fixed, @Bruddah_John .

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Much appreciated, @dhascall. Unfortunately it doesn't make my viewing any better. The programming alternatives don't make much sense. Why put garbage programming on when you can have a widely televised game that generates advertising income?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Bruddah_John wrote:
@much appreciated, @dhascall. Unfortunately it doesn't make my viewing any better. The programming alternatives don't make much sense. Why put garbage programming on when you can have a widely televised game that generates advertising income?

Anytime @Bruddah_John but that is how the NFL has dictated it for years.  i.e. you will never see two early games and two late games.  An alternative is the NFL Redzone, which is available on the HD Premium Tier.  It's like $8 a month (includes a few extra channels) but some can get six months free (just for asking, sometimes) and then cancel in January.  I watch more on RZ than I do live games.

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

Guru

• 

622 Messages

10 years ago

Here is the "doubleheader schedule" for the rest of the regular season - the network listed gets 2 games; the other network gets only one

10/26 - CBS

11/2 - CBS
11/9 - Fox
11/16 - Fox

11/23 - CBS

11/30 - CBS
12/7 - Fox
12/14 - Fox

12/21 - CBS
12/28 - both Fox and CBS have doubleheaders (because there are an odd number of weeks in the regular season)

There is a special rule for the 30 Fox and CBS stations in NFL cities (New York counts for the Giants and Jets; San Francisco counts for the 49ers and Raiders): if the local team is playing a home game on Sunday afternoon, neither Fox nor CBS gets a doubleheader unless the local team's game is on that week's doubleheader network and the game is not blacked out.  This used to drive people in the San Francisco area crazy, as it seemed that the NFL managed to do one of (a) "It's a CBS doubleheader day, but the 49ers have a home game on Fox", (b) "It's a Fox doubleheader day, but the Raiders have a home game on CBS", or (c) "The Raiders are on the doubleheader network, but the game is blacked out, so no doublehedaer in San Francisco" about 75% of the time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.