Posted Nov 13, 2012
10:18:40 AM
View profile
NBA Blackout Policy

Hello, first of all let me start by saying I love U-Verse!

I live in Kenosha, WI and I have the U300 package. I was very excited to finally be able to watch the Bulls play. When I turned on Comcast Sports Net I was greeted by the blackout screen I had grown accustomed to wtih my old cable company. After further research I realize that the NBA has their Blackout Policies and it is probably out of AT&T's control. However, I was just wondering if there is ANY WAY I can gain access to watch the Bulls games, I AM WILLING TO PAY EXTRA within reason. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 13, 2012 10:25:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The only option is if you are out of a teams viewing area is to purchase NBA League Pass.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

NBA Blackout Policy

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 13, 2012 10:25:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The only option is if you are out of a teams viewing area is to purchase NBA League Pass.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NBA Blackout Policy

2 of 12 (2,345 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 10:30:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ok, No games are ever blocked out on NBA League Pass?

3 of 12 (2,342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 10:33:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Just the ones in your local area, those you should watch on your local channel(s), League Pass is a way for the NBA to make more money by selling out of area games across the country.  Same with NFL Sunday Ticket (DirectTV Exclusive), NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, and MLS Center Kick.

4 of 12 (2,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 10:35:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ok. That's what I figured. Thank you.

5 of 12 (2,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 11:50:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You're welcome

6 of 12 (2,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2012 8:04:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the YES Network, NBA TV, and NBA League Pass.  Why is the the Lakers-Nets game unavailable on all three?

7 of 12 (2,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2012 7:45:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

Because It Was On NBA TV

8 of 12 (1,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2012 4:05:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Nov 22, 2012 at 4:08:20 AM

That would explain it as well.  It's hard these days to keep up with which station NBA games are on.  TBS, TNT, ESPN, NBA, FoxSport, TW, YES......

For those that are interested. Here is the NBA Broadcast schedule for the remainder of the year.  This will let you know if your team is on something other than your local channel.

[ Edited ]
9 of 12 (1,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2012 6:42:25 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have nba league pass but can't activate the service on my iPad or iPhone. I did it last year but can't remember how. I seem to think I had to send them copy of my Uverse bill. Can anyone help? Thanks

10 of 12 (1,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2013 7:34:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

Why was the Orlando magic vs Detroit pistons game blacked out?  It was in Detroit and there was no nba games in Florida.

Nba blackouts

11 of 12 (1,619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2013 8:48:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

Blackout policies across every sport are idiotic and old plans done to simply give the owners a few more bucks in their pocket.

With today's game in all sports being on HDTV and whatnot, they know want to enforce blackout rules as much as possible to force people to attend the local games rather than actually MAKING the games worth coming to.

I live in NOLA and love attending Saints/Hornets games. It makes me laugh when I see owners and friends complaining about how they need the blackout rules to help them out. Right. 

12 of 12 (1,592 Views)