10-03-2011 01:22:08 PM
We've had U-Verse for some time and have been pleased. However, in the last few weeks we have noticed a number of issues piling up. None of them are catastrophic but when combined it is making the U-Verse experience pretty miserable.
1. We primarily watch via DVR. Now when we watch shows we frequently get a message mid show that says the program is no longer available. At that point, the DVR menu will be blank and will eventually repopulate with all our recorded shows. Once the show is available again I can restart it but the show restarts at the very beginning. It is highly annoying when it happens 3-4 times in a 30 minute program. I should also mention that we generally do not turn on more than one unit at a time.
2. All of our DVR units have issues responding to the remote control. This tends to happen when first turned on. The remote will power on the unit succesfully but no matter how long we wait, the unit will never accept other commands. Generally if we turn the unit off and back on it resolves itself. However, this is now occuring approximately 1 out of every 3 times we turn them on.
3. The DVR is excessively slow, especially when trying to manage recorded shows (deleting, selecting, etc). Nearly every selection requires a wait time and produces a "DVR is Busy" message.
4. I am no longer able to manage my DVR via the web remote, which has become a greater annoyance now that the process to delete a program directly results in "busy" messages. I can easily see the contents of my DVR online. I can even succesfully delete them. However, the changes I make online never replicate to the actual unit.
5. We have one TV that has extensive audio issues when watching live TV. The speech sounds slurred and is often hard to undrestand. From what I've read, this is a new issue that occurs when the DVR box is connected via coax. Unfortunately, we do not have an option to change the input on that particular TV.
6. While this isn't the forum for Internet connection issues, I thought I would note an issue here since I'm listed out my broad set of complaints. I've noticed that some of our devices are suddenly having issues staying connected via wireless and when connected, it is painfully slow (too slow to stream videos from YouTube). Our Internet appears to hiccup occasionally on our wired devices as well (our house is wired for Cat5) but I'm finding it hard to catch for proof.
That is the main list of compalints at the moment. I have attempted to run various tests through the 2Wire Gateway, just to rule out faulty equipment, but everything always checks out. At this point I have not called tech support, mostly because I fear that these issues are too intermittant and minor to get a real answer. I'm hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction.
10-03-2011 02:43:39 PM
2. When this happens, press EXIT TO TV on the remote and try the remote functions again. This is a known issue.
Also, can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?
10-03-2011 04:50:11 PM
Thanks for post those screenshots.
Your Error Table indicates that you might have some issues. Make sure that all of your connections are still tight at the wall and, at your DVR/STB's and at your TV's.
Also, you might want to call Technical Support and have them runs some tests on your system to see if they detect any line issues.