For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fmyhr14's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 6:39 PM

Monthly limit on U-Verse Voice minutes / charges?

In light of recent phone fraud and large liabilities resulting therefrom, I want to be able to set a monthly limit to the number of minutes and/or calling charges for my U-Verse Voice account. Ideally the limit would be something I could set and re-set from the AT&T website as desired. But it would prevent phone hackers from running up huge phone bills that I may be liable for.

Or does AT&T limit its customers' liability for such fraud?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@fmyhr14 wrote:

In light of recent phone fraud and large liabilities resulting therefrom, I want to be able to set a monthly limit to the number of minutes and/or calling charges for my U-Verse Voice account. Ideally the limit would be something I could set and re-set from the AT&T website as desired. But it would prevent phone hackers from running up huge phone bills that I may be liable for.

Or does AT&T limit its customers' liability for such fraud?

Guess you didn't read where the big companies (ATT) credit any fraudulent calls and have programs to prevent such things from occuring in the first place.

That company in the article was using some small company to save money, but in the end they might be stuck paying. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

There is a way.  Sign up for the unlimited minutes plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.