AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Guru

• 

417 Messages

12 years ago

The most interesting part of this is the addition of a sports channel that *requires* U450. Before this, U300 and the sport package and HD Premium got you all of the sports that you got with U450. This would appear to represent a departure from that philosophy.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@marcindublin wrote:

The most interesting part of this is the addition of a sports channel that *requires* U450. Before this, U300 and the sport package and HD Premium got you all of the sports that you got with U450. This would appear to represent a departure from that philosophy.

Only if you live outside of Texas. Those of us in Texas only require U200.  Me personally not a fan of that school so I could care less about the network. Glad some people now have access to it though as any new channel is a good thing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is NOT A SOLUTION. the requestor said do not make it a package and that is exactly what you did.

I actually am a different persona. I would like to watch the Longhorn but agree their business model should not be supported. It should be a pay per view or a pay per channel business model.

And for me its also cost prohibiting. Since I do not live in TX or OK (where its included in U100), I would have to upgrade to U450 with a bunch of channel I do not want just to get the one channel I do want.

Here's praying for the day when technology makes it possible to do complete a la carte ordering. I just want the 15 channels I want to watch and NOTHING else...

Guru

• 

785 Messages

12 years ago

At least att put the longhorn network on the 450 tier out side of texas. Those it matter of principle for every tv provider not to carry this network in the long run.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@cpagel_longhorn wrote:

This is NOT A SOLUTION. the requestor said do not make it a package and that is exactly what you did.

I actually am a different persona. I would like to watch the Longhorn but agree their business model should not be supported. It should be a pay per view or a pay per channel business model.

1. And for me its also cost prohibiting. Since I do not live in TX or OK (where its included in U100), I would have to upgrade to U450 with a bunch of channel I do not want just to get the one channel I do want.

2. Here's praying for the day when technology makes it possible to do complete a la carte ordering. I just want the 15 channels I want to watch and NOTHING else...

Answer 1.  It's available in Texas for those that have U200 or above, anyone outside of Texas it's available in the U450.

Answer 2.  Technology has nothing to do with ala carte, it's the networks.  It would cost you more for those 15 channels than you probably pay now for your package. Ala carte pricing has been discussed at length in these forums.

As for the business model, each provider must negotiate the best possible deal in order to get certain channels and for some it's more difficult than others.  AT&T is one of a very few providers that actually carry the channel and it's been out for over a year now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I will not continue my service with ATT U-verse when I have to subsidize the athletic department at Texas.  If someone wants that service and is willing to pay for it, then they should be able to add it separately.  But someone that does not want the service should not be forced by ATT to pay for it.

I am not willing to continue my U-verse service even if ATT reduces my monthly bill by the 40 cents per month they have to pay to Teesipper Network.

If this service is not removed by the end of November, then I have no choice but to find a replacement for U-verse.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Not a Teesipper wrote:

I will not continue my service with ATT U-verse when I have to subsidize the athletic department at Texas.  If someone wants that service and is willing to pay for it, then they should be able to add it separately.  But someone that does not want the service should not be forced by ATT to pay for it.

I am not willing to continue my U-verse service even if ATT reduces my monthly bill by the 40 cents per month they have to pay to Teesipper Network.

If this service is not removed by the end of November, then I have no choice but to find a replacement for U-verse.

Lemme guess...you're an Aggie.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Not a Teesipper wrote:

You're kidding right?  Smiley Very HappySmiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

I'm a SOONER fan and here's a suggestion, don't watch it.  It's only on U450 outside of Texas and U200 in Texas.  ANY new network is always a good thing.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Not a Teesipper wrote:

Why don't we have a bake sale, and sell cookies for 40 cents each. We can collect the money, and send it to Not a Teesipper to cover his expense for the Longhorn Network. If we sell 12 cookies, Not a Teesipper is covered for the next year.

Not a Teesipper, I hope you are not a one and done one post wonder, and reply to my suggestion.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.