RCSMG's profile

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

Friday, December 14th, 2012 7:37 PM

Local on the 8s

I don't know if this has been posted or not.  At 2;29pm est I was watching The Weather Channel, and I saw a Local On The 8s forecast.  I guess we are able to see them now. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

RC was correct in that what was shown was called Local on the 8s.  But like dwinth says, it was not really local, but a summary of forecasts from multiple major cities.  It used to be that you would see a LOT8 for your local area, and I thought I would miss that when I switched to U-verse.  But I find that the local TV or radio is more specific and accurate, not to mention the various online weather sites such as TWC, Intellicast, NOAA, Accuweather, etc. that can be tailored to your zip code.   So it was a good observation, RC, just not the same thing as before.

docbombay

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

I don't know if this has been posted or not.  At 2;29pm est I was watching The Weather Channel, and I saw a Local On The 8s forecast.  I guess we are able to see them now. 

I just saw it at 7:18 PM (Central Time). What I saw was not the Local On The 8's that I remember from my other providers. What I saw tonight covered a large area from Colorado to Kansas. What I remember seeing in the past had Local On The 8's that only pertained to St. Louis.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Oh ok, I never saw the old LOT8s from before.  I saw the one from today and so I posted.

Guru

• 

785 Messages

11 years ago

Since we all know that, the so-called the weather channel has morphed into the Reality Weather Network. I wish ATT would replace it with WeatherNation since it all 24/7 Weather Coverage like the old the weather channel before NBC come along and ruin it.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Oh man!  I guess that I can start breathing again.  I actually had a heart palpitation or three when I read this and discovered that he didn't actually get the LOT8's.  Seriously, my heart rate is still up.  SHOOT!  I almost said SH...UCKS! Lol.

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

On the scale of not really curse words, isn't shoot a worse word than shucks?

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Guess it depends on what letters you substitute!

docbombay

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.