Posted Dec 14, 2012
11:37:03 AM
Local on the 8s

I don't know if this has been posted or not.  At 2;29pm est I was watching The Weather Channel, and I saw a Local On The 8s forecast.  I guess we are able to see them now. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 14, 2012 6:22:09 PM
(0)
Guru

RC was correct in that what was shown was called Local on the 8s.  But like dwinth says, it was not really local, but a summary of forecasts from multiple major cities.  It used to be that you would see a LOT8 for your local area, and I thought I would miss that when I switched to U-verse.  But I find that the local TV or radio is more specific and accurate, not to mention the various online weather sites such as TWC, Intellicast, NOAA, Accuweather, etc. that can be tailored to your zip code.   So it was a good observation, RC, just not the same thing as before.

docbombay

Accepted Solution

Local on the 8s

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 5:22:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

RCSMG wrote:

I don't know if this has been posted or not.  At 2;29pm est I was watching The Weather Channel, and I saw a Local On The 8s forecast.  I guess we are able to see them now. 

I just saw it at 7:18 PM (Central Time). What I saw was not the Local On The 8's that I remember from my other providers. What I saw tonight covered a large area from Colorado to Kansas. What I remember seeing in the past had Local On The 8's that only pertained to St. Louis.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Local on the 8s

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 5:44:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Oh ok, I never saw the old LOT8s from before.  I saw the one from today and so I posted.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 14, 2012 6:22:09 PM
(0)
Guru

RC was correct in that what was shown was called Local on the 8s.  But like dwinth says, it was not really local, but a summary of forecasts from multiple major cities.  It used to be that you would see a LOT8 for your local area, and I thought I would miss that when I switched to U-verse.  But I find that the local TV or radio is more specific and accurate, not to mention the various online weather sites such as TWC, Intellicast, NOAA, Accuweather, etc. that can be tailored to your zip code.   So it was a good observation, RC, just not the same thing as before.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 15, 2012 2:45:12 PM
(0)
Guru

Since we all know that, the so-called the weather channel has morphed into the Reality Weather Network. I wish ATT would replace it with WeatherNation since it all 24/7 Weather Coverage like the old the weather channel before NBC come along and ruin it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 1:05:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Oh man!  I guess that I can start breathing again.  I actually had a heart palpitation or three when I read this and discovered that he didn't actually get the LOT8's.  Seriously, my heart rate is still up.  SHOOT!  I almost said SH...UCKS! Lol.

:smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad:

:smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad: :smileymad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 6:16:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

On the scale of not really curse words, isn't shoot a worse word than shucks?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2012 4:40:05 PM
(0)
Guru

Guess it depends on what letters you substitute!

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein