Posted Oct 8, 2013
12:16:37 PM
Live Streaming to SmartPhones and Tablets

AT&T announced in a Bulletin that as of yesterday you can now stream 100 channels to your smart phone/tablet inside your house and 20 channels outside your house.

Read the bulletin here.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 9, 2013 12:28:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
The only current mobile app is for the iPhone.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Live Streaming to SmartPhones and Tablets

27 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 1:52:09 PM
(0)
Community Manager

The full channel lineup can be found HERE.

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Live Streaming to SmartPhones and Tablets

2 of 28 (3,820 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 8, 2013 1:57:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I guess this is when I request a Windows 8 app so I can watch live tv on my tablet?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

3 of 28 (3,816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 8, 2013 3:51:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

I don't have U-Verse Internet, so it's blocked for me for the most part. They do let me watch Smithsonian and the Showtime channels. 

I'd get U-Verse Internet, but it's not fast enough for what I need. 

4 of 28 (3,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 8, 2013 8:55:39 PM
(0)
Mentor
How do we access the live channels? I have a Note II and am not seeing anything different on the app. Even unistalled and reinstalled but it still looks the same. I have U-Verse internet and U450 TV.

5 of 28 (3,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 9, 2013 12:28:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
The only current mobile app is for the iPhone.

6 of 28 (3,737 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013 7:58:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

This article shows supported smart phones as well, not just iPhones.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 28 (3,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013 10:03:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes that is where I saw that my phone was supported, thanks oufanindallas! I will give them a few days to sort things out, I was able to get it working on my wifes iPhone but did notice no NFL Network even though it was listed in the article as supported. Again going to give them a few days :smileyhappy:

8 of 28 (3,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013 10:09:50 AM
(0)
Professor

Why not Windows Phone 8?

9 of 28 (3,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013 11:20:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
joelifer - I saw NFL network (1630) yesterday & it was there just now. The channels may come & go when content is available/not-available like they do on uverse,com.

10 of 28 (3,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013 12:35:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The new Uverse app will be rolled out near the end of this month, around October 21ish.  Very cool AT&T.:smileyhappy:

11 of 28 (3,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013 12:49:10 PM
(0)
Professor
Nice Thank You

12 of 28 (3,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013 2:57:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

From the message in the link below:

U-verse App: Existing subscribers will need to update their app to the latest software release to receive these changes. New subscribers will receive the live TV feature with initial app download.
Uverse.com: Upon visiting the LIVE TV page (Uverse.com/Live) users will be encouraged to Sign-In and are then presented with the option to install a browser plugin that will help to identify the subscriber’s connection location.

iPad: 9/30
Uverse.com: 10/4
iPhone: 10/16
Android Tablet: 10/21
Android Phone: 10/21

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/live-tv-on-ipad/m-p/3643899#M1904

13 of 28 (3,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013 3:02:10 AM
(0)
Professor
Nothing Nokia

14 of 28 (3,603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 11, 2013 6:40:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

From the message in the link below:

U-verse App: Existing subscribers will need to update their app to the latest software release to receive these changes. New subscribers will receive the live TV feature with initial app download.
Uverse.com: Upon visiting the LIVE TV page (Uverse.com/Live) users will be encouraged to Sign-In and are then presented with the option to install a browser plugin that will help to identify the subscriber’s connection location.

iPad: 9/30
Uverse.com: 10/4
iPhone: 10/16
Android Tablet: 10/21
Android Phone: 10/21

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/live-tv-on-ipad/m-p/3643899#M1904

Uverse.com is stuck at 12 or so channels.  Apparently they pushed up the iPhone development ahead of the uverse.com one. 

15 of 28 (3,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 15, 2013 1:15:19 PM
(0)
Explorer

Meh.  It's cool that the functionality is there but they definitely need more channels.  Until then, meh from me!

16 of 28 (3,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2013 3:41:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

pacman_85 wrote:

Meh.  It's cool that the functionality is there but they definitely need more channels.  Until then, meh from me!

You want all channels? Get a slingbox.  Best investment I've ever made. As long as you have an internet connection you can watch your tv from anywhere in the world. 

17 of 28 (3,279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 8:44:39 PM
(0)
Mentor
Got the Android update today, looks good! Had an error with the app saying I couldn't watch certain channels because I was not on my home network when in fact I was but a simple reboot cleared that up. Still not seeing NFL Network though unfortunately :smileysad:

18 of 28 (3,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 25, 2013 9:40:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I watched a good bit of the Panthers/Bucaneers game on the NFL Network on Uverse.com last night.

~5 Mbps of bandwidth.

The viewer technology varies by channel provider, so a consistant experience will not result.

19 of 28 (3,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 26, 2013 12:15:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I watched a few channels at work on my phone just to test it out. I have a Droid RAZR M. Worked like a champ. Haven't checked my in home feed yet.

20 of 28 (2,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 31, 2013 5:47:46 PM
(0)
Mentor
Anyone else having issues with Uverse Live Tv app. Has not worked for me the last two days. I get a pop up message that says the uverse live tv app is currently unavailable.

21 of 28 (2,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 31, 2013 7:05:51 PM
(0)
Mentor
Yes, I have a similar issue saying the connection to the server has been lost. Going on a few weeks now using the Note 3.

22 of 28 (2,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014 10:47:34 AM
(0)
Mentor

It has been nearly a week and have not been able to access Live TV on Uverse mobile app. Anyone else try this and experiencing the same thing? 

The app gives me a pop up message when trying to access Live TV of "The Uverse Mobile Servie is Temporarily Unavailable. Please Try Again Later".

Anyone have any info when it will be back up?

23 of 28 (1,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014 1:44:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I saw these posts and tried my uverse on ipad & got the same message & hit the live TV button at the bottom of the page & it worked. A little slow starting up. but, it works. After that each start did not cause the error display.

24 of 28 (1,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2014 10:55:45 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have not been able to get uverse.com to recognize my home network on either my desktop, laptop, or tablet.  It worked briefly on my laptop until I was told by some app that my java needed to upgraded.  After the Java upgrade, it no longer recognized my home network.

On my tablet, Surface Pro running W8.1, when I try to install the plug-in, it tells me to check my firewall and doesn't do anything.  It doesn't appear to be RG firewall, does anyone else know what firewall it is referring to and what setting in the firewall it doesn't like?

25 of 28 (1,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2014 1:40:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by JefferMC on Jan 6, 2014 at 1:41:54 PM

I was also getting the message "Server Connection Lost" when trying to stream Live TV from the U-verse Android App.

I logged out of the app and logged back in and it worked after that.  See if that works for you.  Hopefully it won't have to be done often.

[ Edited ]
26 of 28 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2014 1:52:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jamesteixeira wrote:

I have not been able to get uverse.com to recognize my home network on either my desktop, laptop, or tablet.  It worked briefly on my laptop until I was told by some app that my java needed to upgraded.  After the Java upgrade, it no longer recognized my home network.

On my tablet, Surface Pro running W8.1, when I try to install the plug-in, it tells me to check my firewall and doesn't do anything.  It doesn't appear to be RG firewall, does anyone else know what firewall it is referring to and what setting in the firewall it doesn't like?

The Uverse.com site uses a Java applet to authenticate that you're on your home network.  I wonder if you could find and remove the old Java applet and get it to reload.

27 of 28 (1,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 17, 2014 10:20:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

I can't install the plug-in in IE11 .  It worked in Google Chrome version 31.  In IE11 all it does when I click the Install Plug-In  button is the following.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, version 7 update 51 of Java.

LIVE Player Plug-in Installation Guide

Required for viewing LIVE in-home-only content on your U-verse Home Network.

Your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements to watch in-home-only live channels

PC: Windows 7 or newer

• One of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9 or newer,
    Firefox (latest version), Chrome (latest version)
  • Java 7

Mac: OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or newer

• One of the following browsers: Safari (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
  • Java 7
Please check your firewall settings or connect your computer to your U-verse gateway using an Ethernet cable.

Nothing shows up after this.  In google, there were some buttons that showed.

28 of 28 (1,653 Views)