Posted Oct 21, 2013
5:12:10 AM
Link on ATT for Hallmark Channel to be Added to Channel Listing

I just read about this link and if they have enough interest, maybe they will consider renegotiating and get them back! It is worth a try:

Finally, there is a website where you can request a channel be added to U-verse!  The link to the website is below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Link on ATT for Hallmark Channel to be Added to Channel Listing

24 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 6:04:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Oct 21, 2013 at 6:05:07 AM

That link/request page has been around for a LONG time.  

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Link on ATT for Hallmark Channel to be Added to Channel Listing

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 6:13:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since Hallmark has been MIA from Uverse for over 3 years now (9/10), don't you wonder how many requests have been made???

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 6:47:22 AM
(0)
Guru

It seems that a lot more people come to the forum to complain about the lack of Hallmark, or to threaten to leave Uverse if Hallmark is not added.  Others say they were lied to, deceived, cheated, hornswoggled by those dastardly AT&T reps, or their evil D2D emissaries.  At least this OP is looking at a way to try to fix an issue rather than just rant, even though Hallmark left the scene 3 years ago, so I give them credit for that.  But I also think skeeter is right--there have probably been lots of requests, but obviously not enough demand to make Hallmark a priority.  I, for one, never watched it so I don't miss it.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 7:53:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

docbombay wrote:

It seems that a lot more people come to the forum to complain about the lack of Hallmark, or to threaten to leave Uverse if Hallmark is not added.  Others say they were lied to, deceived, cheated, hornswoggled by those dastardly AT&T reps, or their evil D2D emissaries.  At least this OP is looking at a way to try to fix an issue rather than just rant, even though Hallmark left the scene 3 years ago, so I give them credit for that.  But I also think skeeter is right--there have probably been lots of requests, but obviously not enough demand to make Hallmark a priority.  I, for one, never watched it so I don't miss it.

You have to admire their persistance and determination.  :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 9:21:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

My thought is that it never hurts to put it out there. If you choose not to use it, that is fine....But, I think is someone would be interested in asking that the beloved channel be brought back we should have that option. Thank you for your opinion....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 1:53:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
Susan,

Your post was done in good faith regardless of whether the link has been around for awhile, or not.  There are many of us who appreciate any suggestions that might help secure the return of the Hallmark Channels. 

Also, you must understand that there are others who despise Hallmark channels, and wish the ground would open up and swallow them.  That's why you see responses that are sarcastic, or snide in nature, at the mention of anything, Hallmark.

Don't be discouraged.  This quote says it best:  "Don't give up ... don't ever give up!"  Jim Valvano.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 2:34:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

William.......It has nothing to do with people here not liking the Hallmark Channel.  In fact my wife loved the Hallmark Channel.  It is more about the fact people posted here on this forum for years after it was gone threatening to cancel U-verse if AT&T didn't get the Hallmark Channel back.  If I remember correctly the main thread was 100's of pages long......not posts but pages.  It has since been archived. 

My post was geared more towards letting the OP know that that link was not "new" and had nothing to do with being sarcastic or demeaning.  That link was given to the Hallmark posters ad nauseam along with the reasons the channel is gone on the original thread. 

We are just hoping another thread doesn't start about the same thing over again.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 3:08:40 PM
(0)
Guru

Similarly, my post was meant to compliment and encourage the OP regarding a constructive approach rather than just voicing a complaint.  But also to be realistic and point out that the number of requests must not have been sufficient (at least thus far) to result in a Hallmark return.  I don't think the message is "don't try", but rather "try, just don't be too disappointed if Hallmark doesn't return to Uverse."  Certainly, no sarcasm or criticism was intended. 

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 7:14:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

BeeBee and docbombay,

My post was referring, in general, to negative posters over the last three years ... not to either of you.  While my comments were not directed at you, I can see why you thought that.  Sorry for my poor use of semantics. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2013 8:24:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

wmtheel wrote:

BeeBee and docbombay,

My post was referring, in general, to negative posters over the last three years ... not to either of you.  While my comments were not directed at you, I can see why you thought that.  Sorry for my poor use of semantics. 

wmtheel,

The reason the majority of the posts are sounding sarcastic, etc. is the fact that we are subscribers, just like you and we have no control over which channels AT&T carry or do not carry. While a few posts are from legitmate subscribers, for every one post that wishes the channel would come back, there are 10 from people who more than likely don't even have UVerse.  I personally would like to see the channel come back so all these posts would stop, however, until Crown media and AT&T can come up with a reasonable price for a niche channel it's not going to happen.  Hallmarks ratings have never been high enough to demand the type of increase they were asking for, who knows how much, but it's a good bet that when they brought Martha Stewart onboard for their failed attempt at drawing viewers they have lost a lot money and were trying to recoup it in subscriber fees.  Even if the fees were only pennies, when you add millions of subscribers, every month, those pennies start adding up and AT&T felt that the loss of a few hundreds of subscribers over the loss of two channels (Hallmark and Hallmark Movie Channel) more than made up for the lack of the channels and their quarterly increase in viewers have proven that they were correct. AT&T is still gaining customers even without HM and HMC.  All the posts demanding that HM and HMC be added or I'm leaving, those don't fly anymore.  The channel guide that is readily available online hasn't shown those channels in three years so to say "I didn't know" or "my salesperson said it was there", yeah, we don't buy it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 1, 2013 5:05:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you, I hope this works so uverse will get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channels back

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 1, 2013 7:37:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Nov 1, 2013 at 7:38:15 PM

I agree with Susan. But I also want to mention that inundating this forum with Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movie Channel topic threads will not bring them back. It's going to have to happen with both Crown Media and AT&T U-verse reaching contractual agreement. I hope it does happen. These are commonly available from companies providing cable television programming. And it would be a relief to see this issue over and done with, out of the way, and buried in the past.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 8:04:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I wonder if all these OPWs would come back with "thank you" posts...or would they not even notice? I have a suspicion that many of them are paid employees of rival companies, coming here to smear AT&T.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 25, 2013 10:58:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

It's a wonder anyone would come here for help or questions with all the demeaning responses of all who have been here for years. Great we all know you're apparently "the experts" I'll apologize for all the newbies who are annoying you so. Just as anyone of us has the choice to not subscribe, you have a choice to not review our posts.

I am scheduled to have at&t installed next week only to discover that Hallmark channels are not available. So I came here to read all the snide comments from the people who are supposed to offer solutions. While it may have been gone three years ago, I have no way of knowing until I get here.

But for those that are interested in a solution rather than condescending comments. Outside of doing the survey offered by at&t you can go to hallmarkchannel.com, find the channel locator link, then fill out the request to add at&t. If enough subscribers or would be subscribers request from both companies maybe we can get a meeting of the minds. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 25, 2013 2:18:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Well said trod1972.  Hallmark is the standard, average and dare I say most ubiquitous cable channel, one expects to find on pert-near every TV provider.  I will say that U-Verse is the only major provider not to carry it.  I'm not sure iof AT&T offended Crown or viceversa but it may be one that never gets carried no matter how much interest is shown.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013 1:12:12 PM
(0)
Employee

docbombay wrote:

I actually had a customer who called in to order service, but because of not having the Hallmark Channel, she didn't. I just don't understand either not signing up for service or cancelling service because of a single channel.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013 1:26:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

lilybug0411 wrote:

docbombay wrote:

I actually had a customer who called in to order service, but because of not having the Hallmark Channel, she didn't. I just don't understand either not signing up for service or cancelling service because of a single channel.

It's actually two channels, Hallmark and HMC.  I bet you wouldn't say that nonsense if ESPN or BBC-America went away.  With a fairly good, non holiday show, winning it's "cable" timeslot and a plethora of Holiday programming, this is a big time of year not to have the Hallmarks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013 1:28:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

lilybug0411 wrote:

Well if someone told me that U-Verse didn't have USA or Cartoon Network, I would seriously consider exploring my options for TV. Hallmark isn't a dealbreaker for me but to that one person it apparently was. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013 2:18:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

Well if someone told me that U-Verse didn't have USA or Cartoon Network, I would seriously consider exploring my options for TV. Hallmark isn't a dealbreaker for me but to that one person it apparently was. 

To each his, or her, own.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013 3:50:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

lilybug0411 wrote:

docbombay wrote:

It's actually two channels, Hallmark and HMC.  I bet you wouldn't say that nonsense if ESPN or BBC-America went away.  With a fairly good, non holiday show, winning it's "cable" timeslot and a plethora of Holiday programming, this is a big time of year not to have the Hallmarks.

ESPN, yes, BBCA no. Can't even think of a time when I've switched my tv to BBCA in the 4 years I've had UVerse.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013 7:08:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

My son watches BBCA a lot.  However, if it he didn't have BBCA, he'd be watching something else (or not at all).

My wife used to watch the Hallmark Channel.   Now she finds a lot of what was on the Hallmark Channel on INSP and some other channels.  If it came back, she might find something on it to watch again.

If U-verse were not to have the ESPN channels, that might be an issue (due to College Football and College Baseball).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013 1:07:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yep, and If a bullfrog had wings ...  :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013 2:52:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

wmtheel wrote:

Yep, and If a bullfrog had wings ...  :smileyhappy:

Then there would be another prooduct the wing restruants would sell.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2013 9:32:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

My son watches BBCA a lot.  However, if it he didn't have BBCA, he'd be watching something else (or not at all).

My wife used to watch the Hallmark Channel.   Now she finds a lot of what was on the Hallmark Channel on INSP and some other channels.  If it came back, she might find something on it to watch again.

If U-verse were not to have the ESPN channels, that might be an issue (due to College Football and College Baseball).

The women folk (lol) and others who like that kind of offering, were dealt another hit, this month, when Encore rebranded Encore Love and made it more of a "manly man" channel, Encore Classics.  Just like DJ's from the 60;s would say "and the hits just keep on comin.'" :smileywink: