For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
teckis2000's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 11th, 2014 3:08 PM

Legacy Equipment with new Systems, Should I change i3812V & i38HG?

I have been using U-Verse for quite some time. At the begining I used TV and Internet. Now I am an internet only customer.

My question is, I am installing an over the air (OTA) DVR system with it's own storage that works with my Roku 3's, phones, computers, etc. I will be streaming much more content from my i38. Since this is not an internet hog, my internet should be ok for my needs, but I am worried about streaming all this high def TV throughout the house to all my appliances. The Roku's, my computers, and other eqipment are Dual Band N compliant. Our phones can all use wireless AC.

My real question here is, would purchasing a new router benifit me and my equipment, or will the i38 wireless system be able to handle the internet and DVR content all streaming to different equipment all at once? Should I see about updating my i3812V along with a router change? Etc.

Please let me know what you think. I have been reading how to DMZ my i38 for different router, and other posts, but will it do me any good with this equipment that I have had now since 2011?

Thanks for any responces.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@teckis2000@  wrote:

I have been using U-Verse for quite some time. At the begining I used TV and Internet. Now I am an internet only customer.

My question is, I am installing an over the air (OTA) DVR system with it's own storage that works with my Roku 3's, phones, computers, etc. I will be streaming much more content from my i38. Since this is not an internet hog, my internet should be ok for my needs, but I am worried about streaming all this high def TV throughout the house to all my appliances. The Roku's, my computers, and other eqipment are Dual Band N compliant. Our phones can all use wireless AC.

My real question here is, would purchasing a new router benifit me and my equipment, or will the i38 wireless system be able to handle the internet and DVR content all streaming to different equipment all at once? Should I see about updating my i3812V along with a router change? Etc.

Please let me know what you think. I have been reading how to DMZ my i38 for different router, and other posts, but will it do me any good with this equipment that I have had now since 2011?

Thanks for any responces.

Yes another wireless access point/router should definitely improve you device connection as the i38HG only provides G wireless, and all your devices are capable of much faster connections.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I would say to call in and see if they could change out that setup and put you on a NVG589. If you are on a Bonded Pair installation. Much easier to work with than the i38H if you are reffering to the INID. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.