trparky's profile

Guru

• 

594 Messages

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 3:09 PM

Is there a quick way to the Favorites channel list?

I just saw something in the uGuide magazine that talks about a Favorites list.  I already knew that but is there a faster way to get to it other than through menu drilling?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I know this thread is three years old, but since I just subscribed to Uverse, it's new to me. I've been searching for a quick way to get to the Favorites list with no success. I read a simliar question in a one-year-old thread, and it seems there's been no fix to this problem. Now that I've found this three-year-old thread, I'm very discouraged to see that the question was raised three years ago and ATT has done NOTHING to fix it. The problem remains... there is no quick way to view your Favorites list.

At least one "expert" suggested clicking the "Zoom" button, which brings up a small menu on the right side of the screen, then click "Favorites List" and then select the list you want. However, when I do that, nothing happens. I can see that my Favorites list is selected because there's a check mark there, but what good does that do me? It doesn't actually SHOW my Favorites list when I click it.

This Favorites function is inconvenient and practically useless. It could wind up being a deal-breaker for me.

And please don't tell me that I can "hide" channels in the Guide. Why make me muddle through all those channels that I'm not subscribed to? Besides, I may want to keep the default Guide to go back to once in awhile. You know, switch between the Favorites and the main Guide as I choose. But ATT doesn't give me that option.

As I begin this journey with Uverse, I'm still waiting to see why it's better than DirecTV. I can't say that I'm wowed. In fact, I'm underwhelmed.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

CastleLyons - The zoom button method is not great, but it should work = zoom / down arrow / OK does display the check mark followed by the favorites guide.

Even if you have not selected any favorites on that STB it should give you a message to build one.

What happens when you try to display the multi-view?

Try adding/removing channels from the zoom menu.

Try a different STB.
Try rebooting the STB by pulling the power for 30 seconds

Call for repair.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.