How to get You Tube on AT&T
How do I see you tube on AT&T TV?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 9, 2014 5:44:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
As jhy1978 says there is currently not a You Tube channel on U-verse TV.

As skeeterintexas says if you have a smart TV, or any other smart device it probably will have You Tube access. If you have a TV with a USB port you can connect a Google Chromecast or other such device.

My personal choice is oufanindallas suggestion of the computer. Fastest & easiest is if you have HDMI output on your computer. Plug and play. If you do not have HDMI, it is a little more complicated, but still doable. Chsck out this site - http://sewelldirect.com/articles/PCtoTV.aspx
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How to get You Tube on AT&T

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 8, 2014 11:47:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

You dont. It's not a feature that's offered.

Re: How to get You Tube on AT&T

2 of 11 (1,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 9, 2014 3:25:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

On your computer.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (1,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 9, 2014 3:56:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You must have a "smart" TV that has a You Tube app on it.

My Sharp smart TV does along with other apps that I never actually use.  :smileyfrustrated:

4 of 11 (1,230 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jun 9, 2014 5:44:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
As jhy1978 says there is currently not a You Tube channel on U-verse TV.

As skeeterintexas says if you have a smart TV, or any other smart device it probably will have You Tube access. If you have a TV with a USB port you can connect a Google Chromecast or other such device.

My personal choice is oufanindallas suggestion of the computer. Fastest & easiest is if you have HDMI output on your computer. Plug and play. If you do not have HDMI, it is a little more complicated, but still doable. Chsck out this site - http://sewelldirect.com/articles/PCtoTV.aspx

5 of 11 (1,200 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 9, 2014 6:20:34 AM
(0)
Mentor
I prefer my roku but it would be really cool if uverse could do channels like that. I bet a lot would pay $10 a month for that feature.

6 of 11 (1,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 9, 2014 8:24:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Quistopher wrote:
I prefer my roku but it would be really cool if uverse could do channels like that. I bet a lot would pay $10 a month for that feature.

It costs you nothing if you run an HDMI from your laptop to the television.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

7 of 11 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 9, 2014 11:39:25 AM
(0)
Employee

Can't you use a game system as well? Wii or XBox?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 11 (1,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2014 9:09:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 10, 2014 at 9:10:10 AM

Fox Mulder wrote:

But he asked about watching it via AT&T.  I know, i know that it;'s not currently available directly via his AT&T equipment but it could be possible, at some point.  We have been having a nice discussion about internet access via the STB's here.

My wife would probably love to view youtube videos from her easy chair but wouldn't it be much easier to tell her to press Menu>Interactive>Youtube than tell her to change the TV input (via the UV remote, which is hit or miss), lay down the U-Verse remote, pick up the (Smart) Bluray remote, power it up and then arrow down to youtube?  

[ Edited ]
9 of 11 (1,064 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2014 10:58:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

Fox Mulder wrote:

But he asked about watching it via AT&T.  I know, i know that it;'s not currently available directly via his AT&T equipment but it could be possible, at some point.  We have been having a nice discussion about internet access via the STB's here.

My wife would probably love to view youtube videos from her easy chair but wouldn't it be much easier to tell her to press Menu>Interactive>Youtube than tell her to change the TV input (via the UV remote, which is hit or miss), lay down the U-Verse remote, pick up the (Smart) Bluray remote, power it up and then arrow down to youtube?  

Not that I'm planning on switching, but Grande here in Texas now has Netflix via TiVo.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

10 of 11 (1,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2014 12:54:30 PM
(0)
Employee

dhascall wrote:

Fox Mulder wrote:

"My wife would probably love to view youtube videos from her easy chair" You are an aewsome Husband!!! :smileyvery-happy:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 11 (1,029 Views)