How to get You Tube on AT&T

How do I see you tube on AT&T TV?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

You must have a "smart" TV that has a You Tube app on it.

My Sharp smart TV does along with other apps that I never actually use.  Smiley Frustrated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

As jhy1978 says there is currently not a You Tube channel on U-verse TV.

As skeeterintexas says if you have a smart TV, or any other smart device it probably will have You Tube access. If you have a TV with a USB port you can connect a Google Chromecast or other such device.

My personal choice is oufanindallas suggestion of the computer. Fastest & easiest is if you have HDMI output on your computer. Plug and play. If you do not have HDMI, it is a little more complicated, but still doable. Chsck out this site - http://sewelldirect.com/articles/PCtoTV.aspx

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

You dont. It's not a feature that's offered.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

On your computer.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

I prefer my roku but it would be really cool if uverse could do channels like that. I bet a lot would pay $10 a month for that feature.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Quistopher wrote:
I prefer my roku but it would be really cool if uverse could do channels like that. I bet a lot would pay $10 a month for that feature.

It costs you nothing if you run an HDMI from your laptop to the television.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

Can't you use a game system as well? Wii or XBox?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Fox Mulder wrote:

But he asked about watching it via AT&T.  I know, i know that it;'s not currently available directly via his AT&T equipment but it could be possible, at some point.  We have been having a nice discussion about internet access via the STB's here.

My wife would probably love to view youtube videos from her easy chair but wouldn't it be much easier to tell her to press Menu>Interactive>Youtube than tell her to change the TV input (via the UV remote, which is hit or miss), lay down the U-Verse remote, pick up the (Smart) Bluray remote, power it up and then arrow down to youtube?  

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@Fox Mulder wrote:

But he asked about watching it via AT&T.  I know, i know that it;'s not currently available directly via his AT&T equipment but it could be possible, at some point.  We have been having a nice discussion about internet access via the STB's here.

My wife would probably love to view youtube videos from her easy chair but wouldn't it be much easier to tell her to press Menu>Interactive>Youtube than tell her to change the TV input (via the UV remote, which is hit or miss), lay down the U-Verse remote, pick up the (Smart) Bluray remote, power it up and then arrow down to youtube?  

Not that I'm planning on switching, but Grande here in Texas now has Netflix via TiVo.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@Fox Mulder wrote:

"My wife would probably love to view youtube videos from her easy chair" You are an aewsome Husband!!! Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.