Posted Apr 25, 2013
Hide channel enhancement

Requesting the ability to be able to hide a channel from the Guide.

Hide channel enhancement

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

Menu>Options>Channel Options>Hide Channels

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Hide channel enhancement

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

"from the Guide."

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)
TJT1957 - If you mainly hide channels for a compact guide, there is an alternative - Favorites.

Fewer to add than number to hide.
Guide still available for free trials.
New channels not auto added.

Channels are added to favorites when watching channel press enter (bottom right) OK.

To view favorites guide press enter - down arrow- ok
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

aviewer wrote:
TJT1957 - If you mainly hide channels for a compact guide, there is an alternative - Favorites.

Fewer to add than number to hide.
Guide still available for free trials.
New channels not auto added.

Channels are added to favorites when watching channel press enter (bottom right) OK.

To view favorites guide press enter - down arrow- ok

Ya know...in all the years I've had Uverse, I've never really "gotten into" the Favorites options.  I've always just hidden channels. 

Of course, the down side of that is if there's a free premium weekend (HBO/Cinemax), they don't show up on the guide.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

We never watch the Premium channels even when there is a free preview going on.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013
(0)

When we signed up for UVerse, we were offered a $250  Visa GC. We received the AT&T $200 GC yesterday, Thank you. My question is, I was told to call Starz and Sho-time for the other two $25 GC's. Right now, their customer service lines are closed for rebates but have read online that you have to have the channels for 3 months and have to send in 3 months of AT&T UVerse bills. It does not show that we receive those channels. I believe we have the U300. I also read on Starz and Sho-time websites that we have to order the channels.

If that is the case, we were not informed of that. If so, do we send in the first 3 months bills of paid service channels with Starz and Sho-time? Or do we send the very first 3 months from beginning of service? I am just confused about what I read ... or do I get the rebates by sending my first 3 months bills and NOT ordering these 2 channels and receive both $25 Visa GC

I need help with a question ... I am new member and needing info about rebates

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 27, 2013
(0)

TJT1957 wrote:

"from the Guide."

That method takes them off my Guide, don't know what you're doing wrong.  Just uncheck channels you don't want on the browser and Guide then Save, even if you just hit exit, it'll ask if you want to save changes. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)

TJT1957 wrote:

We never watch the Premium channels even when there is a free preview going on.

What does that have to do with your original question?  Is there anythng out there that you are satisfied with?  I personally do not have a problem with the guide.  Then again, I took the time to go through and hide SD duplicates, and any channel that we do not watch from the guide on all three boxes, so when you go through, guess what, they are not there.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)
When I first read TJT1957/s OP I interpreted it to mean - While viewing the guide mark a channel to be hidden. This made sense to me because it takes advantage of the guide navigation already available & the implemented method is well complained about.

The developers that implemented the horrendous hide process were not paying attention. They should have known that the guide already provides the proper platform for managing the hide process. All they needed was trigger - with the channel selected hit the delete button.

They could have used the found time to implement a one button toggle between full guide and abbreviated guide.

It appears TG interpreted the request as - what method is used to remove channels from the guide. TJT1957's follow up does not add any info, but appears it is saying that did not answer the question.

Oh, well.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)

One thing that those of us who have been members of this forum for any amount of time know is that people will always find something to complain about no matter what information is provided.  Is U-verse perfect? No.  Are there things that could be improved upon? Yes.

All we can do is provide information about how the system works as is.  If the information that we provide is not well received, there is not much that we, as U-verse customers, can do about that since we don't have the power to change whatever it is that is being complained about.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)

The original question was: Requesting the ability to be able to hide a channel from the Guide.  

Literally...those were the OPs words.  We told him/her and for whatever reason they either didn't understand or was not satisfied with our answer/solution.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)
I am not trying to say the interpretation is wrong. I am saying the original post is ambiguous. From could be - take away from or do the task from. & the OP did not help by repeating the ambiguity.

Mainly I wanted to put some meat on what I interpreted as the meaning. It would be better than the current platform, but did not go as far as hiding blocks of channels with one trigger.

Not that it does any good. would be nice to see some of these improvements some day. We can't even get one button CC.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 14, 2013
(0)

Complaint\Suggestion

ATT should release all their new super wonderful channels on one day of the month or week.

SO I CAN TAKE OUT THE TRASH (hide channels) ALL AT ONCE !!!!!!!!!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 14, 2013
(0)
javeis - If that bothers you - try the Favorites method of building a minimalist guide. at&t can add all the channels still empty & they will never appear in your guide.

Also, you will have the full guide available for the coming free U450 preview weekend.