• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 7:55 PM

Closed

HOW CAN WE GET NEW CHANNELS

DOES UVERSE EVER LISTEN WHEN YOU SUGGEST CHANNELS

IVE BEEN ASKING FOR ALL THESE DIGITAL SUBCHANNELS SINCE I GOT ATT

BUT THEY HAVENT ADDED ANYTHING I SUGGESTED YET

SEEMS LIKE ALL THEY ARE ADDING IS LIKE A PAID PROGRAMMING CHANNEL ABOUT CARS OR VACATION SPOTS NOT REAL CHANNELS

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

644 Messages

10 years ago

you can request new channels here http://uversechannels.att.com/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

8 years ago

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the U-verse Channel Request Site is no longer available. You can always review the channels available for your area on the U-verse TV Listings & Chanel Guide and/or learn more about how to access your U-verse TV channel lineup at our Support Site.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Theres a lot involved when adding channels time and money , and some just arent available in certain areas due to fcc restrictions, for instance in this area theres only 1 pbs station available through uverseyet there are 4 transmitting over the airwaves. They cant just flip a switch. Some providers choose to scramble stations they are not authorized to broadcast where at&t chooses not to offer them  and clutter the channells

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@CANIPE1656 wrote:

DOES UVERSE EVER LISTEN WHEN YOU SUGGEST CHANNELS

IVE BEEN ASKING FOR ALL THESE DIGITAL SUBCHANNELS SINCE I GOT ATT

BUT THEY HAVENT ADDED ANYTHING I SUGGESTED YET

SEEMS LIKE ALL THEY ARE ADDING IS LIKE A PAID PROGRAMMING CHANNEL ABOUT CARS OR VACATION SPOTS NOT REAL CHANNELS

You absolutely do not need to shout in your first post on this forum. It makes a bad impression.

I do not know where you have been, but U-Verse is always adding new channels, and I do not mean just paid informercial or shopping channels.

Just because U-Verse has not added any channels that you have asked for, does not mean that they will not in the future. Please read the post after yours from U-Verse employee Constructive.

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder, and will come back to comment., but something tells me that you won't.

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

Besides currently AT&T does not carry sub channels.  

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

Besides currently AT&T does not carry sub channels.  

Not quite true: There are known examples in the Monterey CA area and Gulfcoast MS.

It does sound like there could be some movement on carrying them but it might take a few years........

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

There is little chance that He will see any sub channels.  Be iffy if He is even a subscriber.

Voyager

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

WELL IM GLAD TO SEE YOUR ONE OF THOSE WHO THINKS IF CAPS LOCK ON ITS SHOUTING

I LEAVE MY CAPS LOCK ON FOR WORK PUPOSES

AND I DONT SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS WITH LEAVING IT ON

IF I WANTED TO SHOUT I WOULD EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I GUESS IM NOT A COMPUTER GEEK

IVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS AND I CAN COUNT ON ONE HAND THE NUMBER OF REAL CHANNELS THEY HAVE ADDED

IF YOU DONT COUNT ALL THE SHOPPING OR COMMERCIAL CHANNELS

SO GO AHEAD AND DEFEND THEM WHY THEY ADD A DOZEN SHOPPING CHANNELS A YEAR

DO PEOPLE STILL USE TV SHOPPING CHANNELS TO BUY STUFF

TWO OR THREE WOULD SUFFICE NOT 2 DOZEN

THE REASON I JOINED THIS POSTING COMMYNITY IS I HOPED THAT ACTUAL ATT EMPLOYESS LOOKED AT IT BUT I GUES ITS JUST A BUNCH OF CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ALL FRUSTRATED ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE ME

Voyager

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

SO ARE YOU REALLY AN EMPLOYEE

IF SO PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU CANT CARRY THE SO CALLED SUB CHANNELS

THESE ARENT JUST LOCAL CHANNELS THESE ARE CHANNELS THAT ARE BROADCAST ACROSS THE COUNTRY JUST LIKE FOR EXAMPLE TBS

TBS USED TO JUST BE A CHANNEL CARRIED IN ATLANTA BUT THEN THEY STARTED GETTING BRADCAST ACROSS THE COUNTRY

I DONT SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND SAY

RETRO TV OR ANTENNA TV OR COZI TV

WHY CAN LOCAL CABLE COMPANIES CARRY THEM

HAS ATT EVEN LOOKED INTO CARRYING THESE TYPE CHANNELS

I WOULD RATHER HAVE THESE TYPE CHANNELS THAN

LIFETIME OR OXYGEN OR THE DOZEN SHOPPING CHANNELS

IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT SPACE

STOP ADDING A CHANNEL EVERY WEEK TO ADVERTISE FOR CHEVY TRUCKS OR VACATIONING IN TEXAS OR ARKANSAS

I DONT LIVE IN THOSE STATE AND DONT CARE TO VISIT THEM SO WHY WOULD I WANT THAT CHANNEL

I WENT TO THIS MESAGE BOARD AREA HOPEING TO FIND SOMEWHERE CUSTOMERS COULD VOICE THEIR OPINION ABOUT THE CHANNELS THEY WANT

HOW ABOUT PROVIDING US WITH SOME PLACE WE CAN DO THAT

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@CANIPE1656 wrote:

WELL IM GLAD TO SEE YOUR ONE OF THOSE WHO THINKS IF CAPS LOCK ON ITS SHOUTING

I LEAVE MY CAPS LOCK ON FOR WORK PUPOSES

AND I DONT SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS WITH LEAVING IT ON

IF I WANTED TO SHOUT I WOULD EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I GUESS IM NOT A COMPUTER GEEK

IVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS AND I CAN COUNT ON ONE HAND THE NUMBER OF REAL CHANNELS THEY HAVE ADDED

IF YOU DONT COUNT ALL THE SHOPPING OR COMMERCIAL CHANNELS

SO GO AHEAD AND DEFEND THEM WHY THEY ADD A DOZEN SHOPPING CHANNELS A YEAR

DO PEOPLE STILL USE TV SHOPPING CHANNELS TO BUY STUFF

TWO OR THREE WOULD SUFFICE NOT 2 DOZEN

THE REASON I JOINED THIS POSTING COMMYNITY IS I HOPED THAT ACTUAL ATT EMPLOYESS LOOKED AT IT BUT I GUES ITS JUST A BUNCH OF CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ALL FRUSTRATED ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE ME

I wish someone had the time to compile the list of channels (HD and SD) added to U-Verse that are not shopping or informercial channels in the last three years since you became a U-Verse subscriber. I am sure the number is a lot higher than what anyone thinks it is.

Maybe there is a U-Verse employee that can supply the list with the name and date the channel was added.

Your argument has no basis. There is nothing that you or anyone else on this forum can do that will bring subchannels to U-Verse any sooner. U-Verse is aware that subscribers would like to have them.

I HOPE THAT YOU CAN STOP SHOUTING IN YOUR POSTS. IT IS VERY IRRITATING TO MOST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.