Posted Jan 19, 2014
2:31:10 PM
View profile
Green rotating circle

Do you know why I have a green rotating circle in the lower right corner of my tv picture. It started a couple hours ago. The picture is otherwise fine.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 3, 2014 10:51:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
Go to Menu>Interactive>Interactive Apps>Weather and click on The Weather Channel app. The spinning green wheel will disappear. No need for a cold boot.
Accepted Solution

Green rotating circle

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 2:36:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Grannahayes6 - The circle is usually associared with an app like go interactive or search or the weather channel. What channel are you on?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Green rotating circle

2 of 9 (3,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 2:45:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm on CBS channel 2 watching the football game.

3 of 9 (3,901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 3:23:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Grannahayes6 - at&t has introduced some interaction like having an ad for a coming show & saying press OK to schedule a recording. It may have gotten stuck. If it does not go away when you change channel, do a pull the plug reboot.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (3,885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 3, 2014 10:51:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
Go to Menu>Interactive>Interactive Apps>Weather and click on The Weather Channel app. The spinning green wheel will disappear. No need for a cold boot.

5 of 9 (3,707 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 7:45:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
You're right! Worked for me....thanks

6 of 9 (3,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 9:53:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You  philliphw1957!!!!!!!!!!  The green circle is GONE!!!!!

7 of 9 (3,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2014 3:44:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

thank you for that info!!  green spinner is gone!! Yay

8 of 9 (3,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 1:18:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

The spinning circle, 3" in diameter, was with me for 12+ hours. I first noticed it after the weather channel came up on my screen, without my assistance as far as i can remember. It was so intolerable last night that I had to cover it with cardboard.

I called ATT support the next day, a Monday, and the individual I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about, (apparently he doesn't "google") but he scheduled a technician to visit me on.... Wednesday.

In the meantime, I tried re-booting, unplugging everything associated with the ATT line, tv, computer etc. When it didn't make a difference the first time..... I did it again, to no avail.

About 10 minutes later there was a total power outage. When I got everything turned on again, the green circle was gone? go figure? I canceled the technician.

9 of 9 (2,032 Views)