CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

12 years ago

It is refreshing to see that someone on this board has a life outside of sitting in front of the TV 24/7.  I think if people will get a life and find other activities that keep them busy they will be happier and find less time to complain.   I for one am a new customer very happy with AT&T.  However I have a demanding job and can only watch TV if I am lucky 2 to 3 hours a day.  I have other activities to take up a lot of my time.  Crying to customer service will do no good as they do not make the decisions and could care less.  Without knowing the facts you can not blame AT&T.  This reminds me of the person who filed and complaint at the TV station I work for.  Our weatherman said it was going to be sunny but it rained instead.  This man was upset he was caught in the rain and got wet.  He felt the weatherman gave a false weather report.  He did not want to hear that we only report the weather we are provided with and do not create the weather.  This sounds like the same thing I can not get what I want from AT&T so they are to blame.  My advise is get a job and you won't have as much time to worry about something stupid like missing a few games.

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

12 years ago

Woohoo!  That is a great home opener gift!!   (Now.. AT&T can you do anything about this rain in St. Louis so the Home Opener can get started???  hahahaha

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Interesting. It seems something broke the camels back.... I wonder if it was all the customers complaining and/or canceling service.

But I'm sure it had nothing to do with that...Consumer pressure couldn't have anything to do with it....right?

/sarcasm

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

Texasguy, this is great news. Now the moderators can finally close this  thread, and all thread related to it. If someone has not posted it yet, I need to post it on Cards Talk on Stltoday.com, the Post-Dispatch Cardinals forum.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

12 years ago

Ok so it seems that we will be able to see all the Cardinal games correct?  Both away and when they are home?  If that is correct I don't see the game today and tomorrow listed in the Guide?  Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Bill

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Bill721 wrote:

Ok so it seems that we will be able to see all the Cardinal games correct?  Both away and when they are home?  If that is correct I don't see the game today and tomorrow listed in the Guide?  Am I missing something?

Bill

I see both games in the Guide for Fox Sports Midwest (channel 1748):

4/17:  7:00 pm CDT

4/18:  7:00 pm CDT

When is the last update to your Guide?  MENU > Options > System Options > System information > Listings info (Download Time)

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@Bill721 wrote:

Bill

I see both games in the Guide for Fox Sports Midwest (channel 1748):

4/17:  7:00 pm CDT

4/18:  7:00 pm CDT

When is the last update to your Guide?  MENU > Options > System Options > System information > Listings info (Download Time)

Everything should be just fine. Sunday's game against the Cubs, which was supposed to have been blacked out prior to the agreement, was on.

It is a good thing the game was on U-Verse since first baseman Matt Carpenter drove in five runs to beat the Cubs.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. 

I think the problem is the website online guide doesn't show channel 1748 for some reason.  The TV shows it and I can see the games displayed there.  I wonder if I have a setting set wrong somewhere.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

My programming guide for Friday night's game against the Brewers shows boxing is on FSMW at 7 PM. This was a game originally on the blackout list. Programming guide mistake I hope?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@t325 wrote:

My programming guide for Friday night's game against the Brewers shows boxing is on FSMW at 7 PM. This was a game originally on the blackout list. Programming guide mistake I hope?

The dispute between FSMW and AT&T has been settled, there will be no more blackouts of Cardinals games.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.