CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Wow!  Just what we need.  More name calling!  Let us know how this helps get whatever it is that you are seeking.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

With over 12,000 posts I expected nothing less.  {please keep it courteous}

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

Sigh.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dm_watson wrote:

With over 12,000 posts I expected nothing less.  {please keep it courteous}

Your strategy is clear: launch personal attacks on other members of the forum.  

Let us know how that works out for you.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dm_watson wrote:

I'm a retired 37-yr Southwestern Bell/SBC/AT&T employee and after reading alot of these posts it looks to me as if "texasguy" and "dwinth" are AT&T surrogates or incognito moderators.  Every argument that is put forth, there they are to shoot it down.

I just talked with a rep named Charlie.  He went to his Tier-2 support and the only thing that they could give him was a physical address in Dallas.  No phone number.  No e-mail address.  

Maybe a few calls to the Better Business Bureau with an "Executive Complaint" will turn up the heat.  I know of one person here in St. Louis that has already done it.

{personal content removed for safety}

I appreciate the compliment being placed in the same category as Texasguy37. However, I am a subscriber to U-Verse just as you are. I have no business or personal affiliation with AT&T.

As a long time Cardinal fan who attends 25 to 35 games per year at Busch Stadium, I am not happy either about losing the twenty games. However, my world is not devistated by this fact. I enjoy listening to Mike and John on KMOX while I work on my landscaping, eating lunch or dinnner outside, or just relaxing.

There are other times when I have family activities, and an unable to watch or listen to the game. I do not make a life out of sitting at home to watch all 162 Cardinal games.

If I lived in San Diego, I would totally agree with their unhappiness. If I was a Padres fan, I would switch from U-Verse to another provider. Griping about it, and making threats to quit does absolutely nothing when there are business negotiations going on. Switching providers does make a statement.

Overall, I am very happy with U-Verse, and am very glad I signed up for the service on December 18, 2007, the second day it was available in St. Louis.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@dm_watson wrote:

I'm a retired 37-yr Southwestern Bell/SBC/AT&T employee and after reading alot of these posts it looks to me as if "texasguy" and "dwinth" are AT&T surrogates or incognito moderators.  Every argument that is put forth, there they are to shoot it down.

I just talked with a rep named Charlie.  He went to his Tier-2 support and the only thing that they could give him was a physical address in Dallas.  No phone number.  No e-mail address.  

Maybe a few calls to the Better Business Bureau with an "Executive Complaint" will turn up the heat.  I know of one person here in St. Louis that has already done it.

That's funny.  How is the BBB in any way shape or form going to do ANYTHING for something that the St. Louis Cardinals and FSMW have done.  AT&T isn't the one who yanked the games and made them unavailable unless providers paid a ransom.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@dm_watson wrote:

I appreciate the compliment being placed in the same category as Texasguy37. However, I am a subscriber to U-Verse just as you are. I have no business or personal affiliation with AT&T.

As a long time Cardinal fan who attends 25 to 35 games per year at Busch Stadium, I am not happy either about losing the twenty games. However, my world is not devistated by this fact. I enjoy listening to Mike and John on KMOX while I work on my landscaping, eating lunch or dinnner outside, or just relaxing.

There are other times when I have family activities, and an unable to watch or listen to the game. I do not make a life out of sitting at home to watch all 162 Cardinal games.

If I lived in San Diego, I would totally agree with their unhappiness. If I was a Padres fan, I would switch from U-Verse to another provider. Griping about it, and making threats to quit does absolutely nothing when there are business negotiations going on. Switching providers does make a statement.

Overall, I am very happy with U-Verse, and am very glad I signed up for the service on December 18, 2007, the second day it was available in St. Louis.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

well said dwinth.

The Rangers have every Friday game on the local station, if for some reason the Rangers pulled the games and put them on FSSW and then FSSW turned around and wanted more money, I'd expect the same thing to happen with Rangers fans.  I'm a HUGE fan and don't watch all 162 games.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

dwinth, my apologies for lumping you in with him.  The point I make is that when the Cards are playing I want the opportunity to watch them from the comfort of my own home if I so choose and not the World Poker Tour.  Direct, Dish and Charter, to name the three here locally, had no problem picking them up.  Yet, U-Verse gets in a contest over this matter which makes no sense because AT&T has a stake in Direct.  Go figure.

And OUfan........ Apparently the BBB contact got someone's attention.  The person who made the call got a call from a supervisor with AT&T within 30 minutes and received a substantial credit on his U-Verse service.  The amount is not for you to know so, with all due respect, don't bother asking.

Yes, dwinth, overall the service has been good but everyone knows that the only thing large companies care about is the bottom line and to the devil with the customers.  I saw it in action for 37 years.

[word filter avoidance]

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dm_watson wrote:

dwinth, my apologies for lumping you in with him.  The point I make is that when the Cards are playing I want the opportunity to watch them from the comfort of my own home if I so choose and not the World Poker Tour.  Direct, Dish and Charter, to name the three here locally, had no problem picking them up.  Yet, U-Verse gets in a contest over this matter which makes no sense because AT&T has a stake in Direct.  Go figure.

[word filter avoidance]

You do not have to apologize to me. Texasguy37 does a great job as a Community Leader. He is also a subscriber to U-Verse as you and I are subscribers. He is not employed by AT&T or have an affiliation with the company other than being a Community Leader for this forum.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@dm_watson wrote:

And OUfan........ Apparently the BBB contact got someone's attention.  The person who made the call got a call from a supervisor with AT&T within 30 minutes and received a substantial credit on his U-Verse service.  The amount is not for you to know so, with all due respect, don't bother asking.

Yes, dwinth, overall the service has been good but everyone knows that the only thing large companies care about is the bottom line and to the devil with the customers.  I saw it in action for 37 years.

[word filter avoidance]

Go ahead and call the BBB, let's see how you do with it. Just saying.  The BBB has absolutely nothing to do with contracts between a network and a provider.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.