Posted Aug 26, 2013
1:12:00 PM
Football blackout

Can anyone tell me why the replay of the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Bucs game is blacked out on my Florida sports channel, #1720. This game was on regular TV Saturday night but due to a commitment I was not able to watch it (I forgot to record it). I am in a market that gets both teams home and away games. I called the NFL office in NY and was told that this game should not be blacked out in my area and I should take this up with AT&T. It sounds like AT&T is being overly cautious and blacking out games that they should not.

I tried calling AT&T customer support and what a waste of time that was. I got someone in the Phillipines who did not have a clue as to what I was asking. I asked to be transfered to an agent in the USA and got another agent in the Phillipines. This one transfered me to AT&T wireless sales. I called  support again and asked to be transfered to customer care and was told that this could not be done as support is told not to transfer calls to this area.

Before I call the corporate office in Dallas I wanted to give it one last try on the forum.

Football blackout

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 26, 2013 1:33:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Since the game was on "regular" television Saturday night, I would assume it would have been on your CBS affiliate. If this is true, then because of the contract between the National Football League and CBS, the replay of the game would not be shown on your local regional sports network. This is also true of any games shown on the national Fox Network, the Sunday night game on NBC, and the Monday night game on ESPN.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Football blackout

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 26, 2013 1:43:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

All of the preseason games for both teams are on an independent local station which happens to be an ABC affiliate.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 26, 2013 5:56:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

In that case, they still would not be on your regional sports network channel since  your ABC channel was originating the telecast. The regional sports networks only show repeats of what they show themselves as long as they are not blacked out originally in your area.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 27, 2013 8:00:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

You can always watch a replay on the NFL network

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!