MBA_BSEE_2001's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 2nd, 2014 2:58 AM

Emergency repair of a landline

Hi,

I had 2 phone lines, landlines. I called ATT to disconnect my second line I was not using and just keep the one I use. I am guessing ATT made a mistake and disconnected both lines. Now I am without the phone. I called the 800 numer earlier today on my mobile(!), they said they would put a new service....10 hours later I am still without the service and my 84 yo mother can't get through to me. What can I do? The landline is quite important to me because of my elderly mom... Is there a way to get a quick repair? Since ATT cause this issue, they should repair it. I tried to chat online with customer service (my phone is out!) but could not get help and was referred to the 800 number. Please let me know what can be done quickly. Thank you for all the help. I am in Moorpark California.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, MBA_BSEE_2001!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your landline is not working. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am also get landline service.  I am working to purchase a home and need access to the land line to send and receive faxes and respond immediately to our Broker.  I was promised landline service by 8pm on 1/8/18 after submitting a request on 12/27/18 but I have received no service and the ATT Service Center Representative refused to let me speak to a supervisor.  Who can I speak with to get immediate assistance?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello,  I've been without landline now for almost 2 months... I've been promised it would be repaired by certain dates and it was not... I also have a handicapped daughter in the home and need access to a phone at all times... they say its a large cable that was broken... we had to buy pay as you go phones that don't work well where we are... they sent us a bill last month and my husband paid it but he isn't going to pay for the next bill for sure... we have a security system that also doesn't work in case of emergency too., it all goes through the landline. Could you please find out something for me? 

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 years ago

This is a customer to customer help forum and not an official trouble reporting forum.  You must call repair service that's the only answer.  Also please note the original topic is over 5 years old. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.