CJTRIBS's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 13th, 2014 1:32 AM

Dispatch in Disaray

Hi I'm John Tribuiano and I live in Newark Ca 94560 and I need someone to explain how this could happen two days in a row.  I scheduled an appointment for U-Verse cable installation one week in advance to coincide with my scheduled visit to the Bay Area, my original appointment was scheduled for 12/11/14 1pm to 3pm, well needless to say no one showed up, I tried calling the infamous number only to be dealing with a robot, eventually I got through to a resolution Tech and tried to find out what happened and after an hour and a half I finally asked to speak with a manager, Manager researched the problem found that while I had an order1**** and account  number of 1**** and a scheduled appointment , however, no one was assigned the ticket and therefore no one was dispatched. The Manager apologized  and offered me some benefits and personally rescheduled me with dispatch for an install the following day 11 am to 1 pm. Well guess what? no one showed up or called. I then started a chat to try to find out if they were just going to be late, needless to say the chat was cut off! I then called, and spoke to a lady in Houston Texas, what a wonderful lady, she stayed on line with me for an hour until she was finally able to get an ETA, this was 2 pm and they said the technician would be there in 30 minutes, well I went out to the only area a visitor or repair truck can park at our Condo complex, I waited there , then approximately 2:45 pm an ATT Van drove by and I tried to flag him down and he looked at me and kept going so I thought maybe this tech did not have my ticket, then 10 min later another Van came by about 50 yards away at the red light but did not turn our way, so I continued to wait there until 3:30 pm then I knew they were not coming again, I went inside and made a phone call, talked with a guy who said the technician noted he came by , called and client non responsive, well now I'm supper angry, I asked to speak with the manager again, they put me on hold for 10 min and then said they were transfer the call to the Manager, then I get beep, beep Oh crap they hung up on me. Then I call another number and spoke to a lady in Northeast Ohio, she got me another appointment for tomorrow Saturday the 13th 11-1 pm. So do I dare hold my breath.

As the old saying goes Sum Tin Wong in the bay area.  So if they dont show tomorrow I will cancel my ATT Internet, wireless accounts and go back to Comcast!! not by choice but by necessity.

Thank you for enduring me

John

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@CJTRIBS Might have better luck taking an 8a-12p window, they usually get serviced. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

Manager apologized  and offered me some benefits and personally rescheduled me with dispatch for an install the following day 11 am to 1 pm. Well guess what? no one showed up or called. I then started a chat to try to find out if they were just going to be late, needless to say the chat was cut off! I then called, and spoke to a lady in Houston Texas, what a wonderful lady, she stayed on line with me for an hour until she was finally able to get an ETA, this was 2 pm and they said the technician would be there in 30 minutes, well I went out to the only area a visitor or repair truck can park at our Condo complex, I waited there , then approximately 2:45 pm an ATT Van drove by and I tried to flag him down and he looked at me and kept going so I thought maybe this tech did not have my ticket, then 10 min later another Van came by about 50 yards away at the red light but did not turn our way, so I continued to wait there until 3:30 pm then I knew they were not coming again, I went inside and made a phone call, talked with a guy who said the technician noted he came by , called and client non responsive

You say that the service claimed that he "called" - I assume you gave your cellphone number when you asked for the installation.  If you gave your home number, then obviously you weren't there to answer the phone if you were "at the only airea a visitor or repair truck can park at our Condo complex."  Also, obviously the tech didn't know about this parking restriction; is it possible that he parked (illegally) closer to your condo, went to your door, found nobody there, and decided not to wait?

I had a (slightly) similar problem when I signed up for U-Verse (3 years ago, I think).  The service included transferring my existing land line's phone number to U-Verse Phone; however, the old line was disconnected before the tech arrived, and for some reason, AT&T had my work phone number as the alternate instead of my cell number.  (Note that this was already a reschedule; the original attempt was on time, but Comcast had put up "security boxes" on each unit of my townhouse block that needed a special key to open up that the tech didn't have (and Comcast will not leave a box open without a Comcast tech present).  I actually got Comcast to make a service call to move the connections outside of the box, only for the second tech to have a copy of the key - "some of us have these".)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.