demowry's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 18th, 2014 8:40 PM

Disable Auto Login for Streaming

I am house sitting for a friend, he has Uverse Internet and no TV, I have Uverse as well with TV service. I wanted to do some streaming from WatchESPN but when I click on AT&T Uverse, it automatically connects to his Uverse account rather than letting me enter in my information. 

I am using my own computer, tablet, and phone. I think because I'm using his internet service it thinks it should use his account.

How do I stop it from doing that.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@demowry wrote:

I am house sitting for a friend, he has Uverse Internet and no TV, I have Uverse as well with TV service. I wanted to do some streaming from WatchESPN but when I click on AT&T Uverse, it automatically connects to his Uverse account rather than letting me enter in my information. 

I am using my own computer, tablet, and phone. I think because I'm using his internet service it thinks it should use his account.

How do I stop it from doing that.

Can't you log out once it loads and sign in w/your credentials? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

You would think, but there is no logout. The only logout disconnects the selected service and when you try again, and select att, again it auto logs in.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@demowry wrote:

You would think, but there is no logout. The only logout disconnects the selected service and when you try again, and select att, again it auto logs in.

Went and saw the same thing, except if you click the ATT Uverse logo on the Watch ESPN pop-up, it takes you to an account sign in.

Have to wonder if that'll reset the login ID on Watch ESPN? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Another thing to try is uverse.com.

It has a sign on. It cannot already be signed on because the residence does not have TV.

See if you can sign on or se if it is blocked because the house does not have TV.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

Another thing to try is uverse.com.

It has a sign on. It cannot be signed on because the resodence does not have TV.

See if you can sign on or it is blocked because the house does not have TV.

There you can logout and sign in w/different credentials and it should work. 😉

Chris

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

If you are still having issues, try deleting and re-installing the WatchESPN app. After re-installing, you should be required to provide your U-versa log-in information to access the app.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have tried tapping the icon, but that just takes me to my account for ATT.

I've also tried to uninstall the application and reinstall it and it still auto logins to the home's ATT rather than allowing me to enter in my credentials.

Any other suggestions?

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Turn off the wi fi and sign in using the mobile network.  You should then be able to enter your password and connect.  Once connected turn back on wi fi and you should be able to use your login.  Let us know if this works.  In theory it should solve the problem however I have not tested it.

Guru

• 

644 Messages

9 years ago

@demowry wrote:

I have tried tapping the icon, but that just takes me to my account for ATT.

I've also tried to uninstall the application and reinstall it and it still auto logins to the home's ATT rather than allowing me to enter in my credentials.

Any other suggestions?

Did you clear your cache after you uninstalled?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is still an issue in 2017, and AT&T doesn't want to tell you that it's either part of the modem, or part of being connected to their network.

After spending hours in chats with various support employees, I can still tell you more about this issue than any of them could tell me.

When you click 'choose your provider' and then either UVerse or DirecTV, you are redirected to one of the following sites:

sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/authenticate

idp.dtvce.com

An example link that shows the login page for everyone (at least for me) is this one, found through a search engine:

https://idp.dtvce.com/entitlementlogin/login.do?siteId=IDP_Fox_FoxSports_C01&providerName=IDP_Fox_FoxSports_C01&stateInfo=eJwFwcmCQzAAANAPcrC0RA9zCCWJJQxV0huDaqcpavf1fS%2F87HR2ceda5OcPJ2zRWCrWjHvawZaXJGKg0KJ%2BBtZ4nmWkB4qM%2Bo71zzbTtt91EfNDTohqjLAzbQO%2FnTD2FcDQeRIXfpBL%2BKKA0TSIA8evnUgwQDxtgEsJDq5FY36yBzlLK7TtTKLVcMRXSC8b6XcUtx78tCff5dKllJY5IVTPozGpY149DN94a1fb3cuYkZsA3frZdD0Jny3usNasNeRpldKqMItkxUwp4Is7lpKXgyDt%2BgkM%2BqNM21lBdJpsNbwfcx3%2FD8iD%2BmpFjbqZdBSqMD%2FN1a0FMnfuguAt6PUFi85idw%3D%3D

This login page is what you need access to if you want to log in with any account, however if you're connected to UVerse internet through one of their provided modems, it will automatically fill and submit the data for the account that you are physically connected to. So, if you click 'choose a provider' and then DirecTV, but you're connected to UVerse internet, you never see this login form. You'll instead see this link flash, and then be redirected back to the service you're trying to log into:

https://idp.dtvce.com/dtv-idp-authn/authn/v2

HOWEVER, if you connect that same PC or device to any other ISP, you will be able to log in with whatever credentials you want to use. I tested this using a non-AT&T Mobile device using a Mobile Hotspot to connect to the internet with my PC. I was instantly able to log out and change to the account that I wanted. When I reconnected back to the UVerse modem, it automatically logged me out of the account I wanted to use, and back into the account for the service I was connected to.

It's not the router, I connected a third party router to the modem and tried through that, it still automatically logged in. I also tried to manually reset the RG, and also allowed a support employee to remotely reset my RG. It still automatically filled the data and submitted the form after factory reset. It was almost as if they didn't believe what I was saying, but here is all the information for anyone who needs it. I believe, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, it's either automatically detecting the UVerse account through the modem, or there is firmware in the modem that automatically fills that data when requested.

I asked about a third party modem, and was told you can't get one. I asked about the recently exposed security issues with the type of modem I have, and was told I could purchase any of these modems and they would work:

NVG510
2WIRE: 3600HGV
Pace: 5031
Pace: 5168NV

I'm not entirely sure if using a different modem would work to circumvent whatever automatic script that fills and submits the form, but I am entirely sure that it's not my PC, it's not my settings, there are no settings to disable it in the router settings, and that every single support employee I talked to had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I was told to reset my browser settings four separate times, uninstall and reinstall my browser, and a lot of other suggestions that would have no effect on the issue at all. It's a shame that I'm not allowed to use the DirecTV account that I want to use, and instead am forced to use the DirecTV account that is at this physical address. I'm thinking it's some sort of protection to prevent you from using services you don't have in your local package, even if you have the login credentials, and rights to use it wherever you want.

Hopefully this will get pushed up so that all the people who have had this issue since 2014 won't continue having it in 2018.

A solution (that isn't really a solution) is that you can use applications like WatchESPN on your Xbox One, PS4, Mobile Devices, Roku, etc with whatever account you want because they use a series of letters and numbers to link the account. So you can use es.pn/xboxone on your mobile device while it's not connected to your UVerse internet to link it to the account of your choice, and then enjoy the programming you have the rights to view within those specific applications.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.