For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 7:15 PM

December Channel Notifications

http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description

Notice Appearing in USA today on December 16, 2014

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

December 2014:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after December 2014: World Fishing Network HD (channel 1679 in HD).

February 2015:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after February 2015: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683).

As well as the following local channels:

1.) For California, in the San Diego area, XETV (channel 6 and 1006 in HD);

(2.) For Texas, in the Odessa area, KWWT (channel 5).

Effective February 28, 2015 the following channels will be removed from the U-verse channel line-up: MC 70s (channel 5128), MC 80s (channel 5127), MC 90s (channel 5126), MC Adult Alternative (channel 5116), MC Alternative (channel 5115), MC Blues (channel 5143), MC Classic Country (channel 5133), MC Classic Rock (channel 5118), MC Contemporary Christian (channel 5134), MC Country Hits (channel 5132), MC Dance-EDM (channel 5103), MC Easy Listening (channel 5145), MC Gospel (channel 5111), MC Hip-Hop and R&B (channel 5105), MC Hip-Hop Classics (channel 5107), MC Hit List (channel 5101), MC Jazz (channel 5142), MC Indie (channel 5104), MC Kidz Only! (channel 5123), MC Light Classical (channel 5146), MC Metal (channel 5114), MC Mexicana (channel 5137), MC Musica Urbana (channel 5136), MC Party Favorites (channel 5121), MC Pop Country (channel 5130), MC Pop Hits (channel 5120), MC Pop Latino (channel 5135), MC Pop Rhythmic (channel 5102), MC R&B Classics (channel 5109), MC R&B Soul (channel 5110), MC Rap (channel 5106), MC Reggae (channel 5112), MC Rock (channel 5113), MC Rock Hits (channel 5117), MC Singers & Swing (channel 5144), MC Smooth Jazz (channel 5141), MC Soft Rock (channel 5119), MC Solid Gold Oldies (channel 5129), MC Sounds of the Seasons (channel 5139), MC Soundscapes (channel 5140), MC Teen MC (channel 5122), MC Throwback Jamz (channel 5108), MC Todays Country (channel 5131), MC Toddler Tunes (channel 5124), MC Tropicales (channel 5138), MC Y2K (channel 5125), and Music Choice Play (channel 501, 5100, and 1501 in HD).

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

So... we're losing Music Choice. What's going to replace it?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@americangame wrote:

So... we're losing Music Choice. What's going to replace it?

The replacement is Stingray Music coming in March.

"MONTREAL and DALLAS, Oct. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Stingray, the leading global provider of multiplatform musical services for Pay TV operators, and AT&T* U-verse®, announced the launch of Stingray Music, a new music app available on U-verse TV. The app is available to U-verse TV customers with U-verse High Speed Internet on channels 531/1531 or by selecting Go Interactive on a U-verse TV remote.

The new Stingray Music app**, available at no additional charge, will have more than 100 streaming music channels and thousands of videos across all popular music genres. Customers can select from a wide variety of top channels including Hit List, Rock, Hot Country, Pop, Hip Hop, Latino Tropical and more. The Stingray Music app offers ad-free streaming, high quality digital audio, channels curated by music experts from around the world, and access to the latest releases and chart-topping artists.

Coming next March, subscribers will also see 75 new music channels appear in their TV listing with direct access to the Stingray Music app. More music, greater variety, total new experience!"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stingray-music-brings-all-good-vibes-to-att-u-verse-customers-280769832.html

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:
More music, greater variety, total new experience!"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stingray-music-brings-all-good-vibes-to-att-u-verse-customers-280769832.html

It truly can't be as bad as urge, but as long as each music "channel" has a separate spot on the guide, all is good. When Music Choice first launched on U-Verse, that app channel was hideous.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

9 years ago

U right urge was terrible....they played songs i never heard of...especially on the 80's channel

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@shewjr wrote:

U right urge was terrible....they played songs i never heard of...especially on the 80's channel

There's nothing wrong with deeper cuts. If it was all hits, some people would go crazy. A good mix of songs includes a healthy mix of hits and obscure tracks.

Where Urge failed was on the variety. If you work from home, an extra STB plugged into your home stereo and tuned to a music channel may be a good option...until Urge plays the same song 3-4 times in a span of 3-5 hours.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@americangame - I'm sure that you have seen the PR that mentions 75 new channels.  I believe that they will each be tunable channels as the new Stingray app has 100 channels on it's own.

I hope that since Stingray owns Music Choice, the channels will be decent / similar of the genres that MC has.  I mentioned, however, in another thread that many channels were called "Franco" this and "Franco" that.  That must have to do with the fact that Stingray is based in Montreal.  It surely can't be as bad as Urge.  Can it? Smiley Surprised

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

I hope that since Stingray owns Music Choice, the channels will be decent / similar of the genres that MC has. ...

Stingray purchased a European service called Music Choice.  However, that Music Choice had not relationship to the Music Choice that operates in the United States.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

I hope that since Stingray owns Music Choice, the channels will be decent / similar of the genres that MC has. ...

Stingray purchased a European service called Music Choice.  However, that Music Choice had not relationship to the Music Choice that operates in the United States.

Ugh.  Don't say that!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@americangame - I'm sure that you have seen the PR that mentions 75 new channels.  I believe that they will each be tunable channels as the new Stingray app has 100 channels on it's own.

I hope that since Stingray owns Music Choice, the channels will be decent / similar of the genres that MC has.  I mentioned, however, in another thread that many channels were called "Franco" this and "Franco" that.  That must have to do with the fact that Stingray is based in Montreal.  It surely can't be as bad as Urge.  Can it? Smiley Surprised

You can already get a preview via channel 531/1531. They have a "nature" channel under the "Extra" tab which seems interesting.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

You can already get a preview via channel 531/1531. They have a "nature" channel under the "Extra" tab which seems interesting.

I will say that many of the channels on the app appear decent except for the obvious French Candaian ones.  That sounds good.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.