cherrera04's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 28th, 2014 9:41 PM

Cant display list of shows recorded in my Uverse DVR using a Samsung Smart TV Remote control

I just bought a Samsung Smart TV and I love the Smart TV functions in the remote.

I found a way to manage the Uverse receiver using the Samsung remote through RF input.

However, couldnt find how to display the recording list using the Samsung remote

I know I can use the Uverse remote but wont have the Smart TV functions and Im looking to try to use only one remote

Can anyone help?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Please post your TV model number so that we can see what capability it may have.

Can yo be more specific about I found a way to manage the Uverse receiver using the Samsung remote through RF input.

Are you sure it is RF & not IR?

I think it is unreasonable to expect the U-verse remote to control the Smart capbilties. IT is designed to turn TV on/off & adjust volume while watching u-verse. Anything beyong that is good luck.

Check with Samsung to get a code for their remote to control the U-verse STB.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

it is actually using an IR Out cable

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I understand what you are saying -

You press a button on the Samsung remote & it mostly controls the U-verse STB. But, there is no recordings button.

First thing to try is press every single button to see what it does. You will either find a button or not.

If that does not work - The workaround is to access the recordings as channel 9999. Followed by a couple of OK clicks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.