Posted Sep 23, 2012
COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

142 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(142)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 30, 2013
(0)

I just switched to Comcast. 

Tired of waiting.

Plus my U-Verse modem went out last Saturday and it took ATT 4 days to get a tech out to replace it.

They don't carry them in the stores.

I like having CSN and overall my service is cheaper.

ATT customer service has gotten progressively worse since I first signed on.

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 30, 2013
(0)

Bug_1 wrote:

Tired of waiting.

Plus my U-Verse modem went out last Saturday and it took ATT 4 days to get a tech out to replace it.

Thanks for dropping by to say goodbye.  Since Comcast is still the only major TV provider that carries that channel, you are probably doing exactly what Comcast hoped that you would do.

Good luck with Comcast!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 30, 2013
(0)

You really wonder if TWC will take the same strategy with the Dodgers. If so, you wonder if TWC will have to raise rates nationally just to cover that insane contact.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013
(0)

texasguy37 wrote:

Bug_1 wrote:

Tired of waiting.

Thanks for dropping by to say goodbye.  Since Comcast is still the only major TV provider that carries that channel, you are probably doing exactly what Comcast hoped that you would do.

Good luck with Comcast!

Let's see if Comcast has that same "cheaper" service when their promotional rates expire and they jack prices up a buck or two every few months. At least AT&T does it $4-$5 once per year which is probably the exact same price hikes, but somehow easier to stomach.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)

Either carry and show COMCAST SPORTS NET in Houston or I will permanently switch to COMCAST!

When will AT&T start carrying COMCAST SPORTS NET?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)
Have fun at Comcast. I doubt AT&T picks it up, DirecTV doesn't even have it.

Re: When will AT&T start carrying COMCAST SPORTS NET?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)

I doubt if thay ever will. Enjoy your new service. I want nothing from Comcast.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)

Comcast is holding the city of Houston hostage.  Let the owners of the Rockets and Astros know you are not happy with their agreement and the fact that CSN Houston is charging too much for terrible teams

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)

LelandCarr wrote:

Either carry and show COMCAST SPORTS NET in Houston or I will permanently switch to COMCAST!

I love these internet tough guy one post wonders who make threats that they will leave U-Verse unless AT&T does what he or she wants.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)

Apparently the vast majority of the people living in Houston don't want this channel for any price. Though ATT said they would offer Comcast Sports Houston as a al carte. But, Comcast is way  too greedy to let any TV provider offer it as stand along package.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2013
(0)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2013
(0)

"CSN Houston is seeking $3.40 per subscriber, but the carriers are unwilling to go that high. YES Network, by comparison, charges carriers $2.99 per subscriber to carry all Nets and Yankees games."

With carriage fees that high, no wonder they have no takers. It's not like the Rockets and Astos are elite teams.  The owner of the Astros makes Tom Hicks look like a free spender.  There's a differnce in what the A's and Rays do with a smaller budget than what the Astros do with the bottom salary in MLB.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2013
(0)
The ain't going to carry it. Who would want to watch the Astros anyway?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2013
(0)

We call them the DISastros!! :smileyvery-happy:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 14, 2013
(0)

Would the AT&T represetnative who reviews this forum answer a question? Why in TEXAS of all places you not have the Comcast-Houston Network yet carry Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 14, 2013
(0)

mfrenzel wrote:

Would the AT&T represetnative who reviews this forum answer a question? Why in TEXAS of all places you not have the Comcast-Houston Network yet carry Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!

Because like the other providers that don't have it, they aren't willing to pay the $3.00 per subscriber fee for this channel.  Blame the owner of the Rockets and the Lastros for losing what few fans they have.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 14, 2013
(0)

Soooo how much did they pay for Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 14, 2013
(0)

mfrenzel wrote:

Soooo how much did they pay for Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!

You think I'm kidding. No other provider besides Comcast has this channel. Dish, Direct, TWC, Verizon. None of the major providers have agreed to the stupid cost of this channel.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 15, 2013
(0)
Comcast is unethically trying to get Houston sports fans to choose them. I think it is borderline what they are doing. At the very least it's very unethical business practice.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 15, 2013
(0)

It's the same technique that other sports networks in other cities have used (and been successful with). However, the difference is that Comcast Sports Network Houston is not carrying the Yankees, the Patriots, the Red Sox, or the Cubs -- they're carrying the Astros. Not quite the same leverage. The funny part is that any 8-year old could have told you that, but apparently it's beyond the comprehension of the Comcast and Astros executives.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013
(0)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

It's the same technique that other sports networks in other cities have used (and been successful with). However, the difference is that Comcast Sports Network Houston is not carrying the Yankees, the Patriots, the Red Sox, or the Cubs -- they're carrying the Astros. Not quite the same leverage. The funny part is that any 8-year old could have told you that, but apparently it's beyond the comprehension of the Comcast and Astros executives.

Yep, the owner of the lastros doesn't understand that he is one of the biggest reasons for their teams poor home attendance and terrible tv ratings.  When you are only on on small area of  your MLB broadcast area.....

There are a few bright spots on that team, but unlike the "Billy Ball" of the A's, the owner of the Stro's is just plain cheap and management doesn't quite understand the concept of ROI.

The Cubs, for all their woes and terrible seasons are still one of the top draws in baseball, Houston, not so much.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013
(0)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

If this was 10 years ago they may have had that kind of power.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2013
(0)

Interesting article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2013/08/29/erroneous-story-claiming-houston-astros-most-profi...

This is more about the Astros as a business, analyzing their revenue and expenditures, but it contains a decent amount of analysis of Comcast SportsNet Houston.

For some background, there was a Forbes article 3 days ago that claimed that with the CSN Houston deal, the Astros were the most profitable baseball team in history.  This article completely refutes that ridiculous claim.