Posted Sep 23, 2012
8:34:18 PM
COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

142 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(142)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012 11:19:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

Here is an interesting article:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2012/11/csn-houston-ad-in-chronicle-asks-for-fans-support-in-carri...

Yep, time for a new spasm of OPW.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012 7:46:22 AM
(0)
Voyager

Don't blame Uverse.  Comcast is the Devil.  The Astros & Rockets screwed their own fans by signing a deal with Comcast.

Re: Comcast Sportsnet Houston

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 8, 2012 5:54:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2012 3:30:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No wonder providers are balking.  At those prices I'm really surprised AT&T picked up the TWC Lakers channel.  Granted the market for the Lakers is bigger, but still. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 9:01:58 AM
(0)
Expert
$3.40 a month is up towards the range that ESPN costs per month per subscriber, and that's for about 6 channels. That's ridiculous for 2 pro sports teams.

If I was DirecTV, Dish, or AT&T, I'd tell Comcast exactly where they can shove that fee.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 10:37:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

If I was DirecTV, Dish, or AT&T, I'd tell Comcast exactly where they can shove that fee.

LOL.  So far, that seems to be what the TV providers are telling them.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 1:57:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Can't say I blame them at those prices.  Could be why no one has signed up for that channel.  Good job Rockets and Astros, way to win fans.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 2:57:55 PM
(0)
Expert
Not to mention that right now, for $5 you can get fairly decent Astros seats, including bullpen or mezzanine.

Plus for another $10, there's a beer and a foot long Texas chili dog with your name on it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 3:18:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
Not to mention that right now, for $5 you can get fairly decent Astros seats, including bullpen or mezzanine.

Plus for another $10, there's a beer and a foot long Texas chili dog with your name on it.

But that's about $14 too much for the 'Stro's.  :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 4:41:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

oufanindallas wrote:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

Astros fan here. I'd just like to point out and say that you are overestimating thier value.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2012 5:33:30 PM
(0)
Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

There's a second team involved.  You can watch them play baseball.  :smileyvery-happy:

Also, as I understand it, when other teams play the Astros they frequently hit balls into the seats of the outfield.  Seeing as how there's no one there, these balls are easily retrievable as souvenirs for the kids.

:smileyvery-happy:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2012 6:37:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I will say the Astro's are my 2nd favorite Texas baseball team.  Also, since I'm from Oklahoma and Houston and Texas have now swapped minor league teams, I do hope they do better since the Oklahoma Redhawks are near and dear to my heart.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 1:31:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is the deal. I've been a U-verse bundle subscriber since they came to Houston. Great service for a long time, but you lost me on this one. I would have paid an additional fee for CSN Houston. I called, you said sorry, I said bye. I'm sure there will be more to follow. End of story.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 4:50:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

reajigsaw413 wrote:

This is the deal. I've been a U-verse bundle subscriber since they came to Houston. Great service for a long time, but you lost me on this one. I would have paid an additional fee for CSN Houston. I called, you said sorry, I said bye. I'm sure there will be more to follow. End of story.

Hope you are going to Comcrap as they are the only provider that has the station.  Call the Rockets and Astro's management team and tell them your feelings and how the care so little for their fans.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 5:54:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

reajigsaw413 wrote:

Hope you are going to Comcrap as they are the only provider that has the station.  Call the Rockets and Astro's management team and tell them your feelings and how the care so little for their fans.

Oufanindallas: I wish that when someone registers for this forum, their city or town location could be indicated in the registration. This way when someone like this OPW registers only to make an announcement that he is leaving U-Verse, we would know what alternative television providers that person has.

Since this OPW most likely will never post again, we will never know which provider he switched to.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 5:47:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

reajigsaw413 wrote:

I assume you went to Comcast, the only provider nationwide that has Houston Sports Net.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 8:31:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

What about if I get NBA League Pass? Can I watch Houston Rockets as I'm in the local area?

I know everywhere else can watch Huston Rockets on League Pass. But can the locals?

Zip code, 77064 are suppose to get the following, but don't, due too recent contract disputes :

FSN Southwest (Ch.753-756 SD / Ch.1753-1756 HD)
- MLB: Rangers

- NBA: Houston Rockets

- MLB: Astros

- NHL: Stars
- WNBA: Comets

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 9:04:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

MikeStrider wrote:

What about if I get NBA League Pass? Can I watch Houston Rockets as I'm in the local area?

I know everywhere else can watch Huston Rockets on League Pass. But can the locals?

Zip code, 77064 are suppose to get the following, but don't, due too recent contract disputes :

My understanding is that if you live in the Regional Sports Network area for the Houston Rockets you will not be able to watch them on NBA League Pass.  In addition, the Rockets and the Astros are no longer on FSN Southwest as you indicated, but are instead on Comcast Sports Net Houston.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 19, 2012 3:42:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

MikeStrider wrote:

No, the Rockets will be blocked out per NBA guidelines on League Pass.  That is only intended for out of area games and local games are not allowed to be broadcast.  Same would the case on MBL Extra Innings, Rockets and Rangers games would be blacked out since you are in the viewing area for both.

Complain to the Rockets and Astros managament.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 25, 2012 10:55:06 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am about a week away from moving to Comcast because of this. Going to give it just a little more time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2012 6:42:23 PM
(0)
Contributor
Does anyone know What channel the Houston Rockets are being shown for the 2012-2013 season? I have u-verse.

Houston Rockets viewing, 2012

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2012 8:32:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Cad5bel wrote:
Does anyone know What channel the Houston Rockets are being shown for the 2012-2013 season? I have u-verse.

You can only watch the Houston Rockets on Comcast Sports Net Houston which , as of now, is only carried by Comcast. No other providers, including U-Verse, is carrying it at this time. If the situation remains the same, you will only be able to see the Houston Astros on Comcast next season.

Re: Houston Rockets viewing, 2012

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 5:58:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Contact the Houston Rockets and Houston Astros and let them know how unhappy you are that they have moved off a proven channel in Fox Sports to a newly created Comcast channel. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 6:58:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Here is a perplexing problem. Since U-Verse does not carry Comcast Sports Net Houston, and someone in the Houston RSN area wishes to watch the Houston Rockets, would Rockets games be blacked out on NBA League Pass for those people who have U-Verse?

I doubt that is the case, but since there is no RSN carried by U-Verse that shows the Rockets games, it may be a way around the rules. However, according to the rules, Houston Rockets fans who live in the Houston RSN area are out of luck.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 7:49:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dwinth wrote:

Here is a perplexing problem. Since U-Verse does not carry Comcast Sports Net Houston, and someone in the Houston RSN area wishes to watch the Houston Rockets, would Rockets games be blacked out on NBA League Pass for those people who have U-Verse?

Yes, the games would be blacked out.  Games are blacked out within the team's territory in the NBA League Pass package per NBA rules.  It does not matter if the subscriber has access to the local or regional broadcast of the game.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 6:26:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

I would like to voice my extreme disappointment with everyone involved in the choice to start this CSN SportsNet Houston crap.

I don't care what anyone says this is not right that a local sports team is not available on major providers. Screw ATT, Comcast, Les Alexander, the Astros NBC and anyone eles invovle in the decision.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 7:19:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Bug_1 wrote:

I would like to voice my extreme disappointment with everyone involved in the choice to start this CSN SportsNet Houston crap.

I don't care what anyone says this is not right that a local sports team is not available on major providers. Screw ATT, Comcast, Les Alexander, the Astros NBC and anyone eles invovle in the decision.

:smileysurprised:  OK, anyone else you do not like?  You forgot the Houston Rockets.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 7:40:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Bug_1 wrote:

I am about a week away from moving to Comcast because of this. Going to give it just a little more time.

It has been over a month since you made your threat to leave U-Verse on November 25, and you are still here.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 8, 2013 1:54:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

OK, anyone else you do not like?  You forgot the Houston Rockets.

I guess I could add you. :smileytongue:

FYI, Les Alexander is the owner of the Rockets and I did mention him.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 8, 2013 2:10:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

dwinth wrote:

Bug_1 wrote:

It has been over a month since you made your threat to leave U-Verse on November 25, and you are still here.

Yes, I have not made good on my threat "yet". Jumping to Comcast is not something I look forward to. I have mixed feelings about rewarding them with my business too since they are part of the reason Rockets fans like me are losing the ability to watch the team we love. Instead I conintue for the time being to pay hundreds of dollars a month to AT&T and am not able to watch Rockets away games unless I disrupt my life by switching providers (which would not be a simple thing since I have some accounts tied to email addresses that I have through ATT) and my Mother in law who we take care of is critically ill in the hospital and waiting around the house for an installer is not in the cards right now. But thanks for all your concerns .

[Keep it Legal] In the mean time I have lowered the level of my U-verse package from the top tier to U200 which is costing them money (and to tell the truth I don't miss most of the channels anyway. When I called ATT to complain about not having the Rockets games they basically just said "Sorry". But didn't offer anything in the way of information about what they are doing to change that or offering anything to me as a customer for the inconvenince. Everyone involved just expects us all to sit back until they figure out what they want to do and we are the ones losing out. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth about everyone involved in the decision to start up Comcast Sportsnet Houston and those who are making the transition either not happen ever or take a long time and that includes ATT.

[ Edited ]