Posted Sep 23, 2012
COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

142 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(142)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 25, 2012
(0)

What Channel will The Houston Rockets be on with ATT Uverse next Year....

Rockets Channel

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

Probably the same channel they were on last season.  FSSW Houston, 754/1754

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Rockets Channel

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

the astros and  are moving to comcast sports net houston next year.....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:

Probably the same channel they were on last season.  FSSW Houston, 754/1754

A new RSN, Comcast SportsNet Houston,  for the Rockets and Astros will be launched this fall.  Yet another round of carriage agreement negotiations for the TV providers!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

This is all AT&T's fault.

There! It's already been said.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

but rockets and astros are moving to the comcast sports net nest season....... what channel will that be on att uverse

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

No announcement has been made about carriage of that channel on U-verse.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)
Just for the record. All the people who claim that AT&T is guilty of nothing are just as pathetic as the people who claim AT&T is guilty of everything.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

texasguy... how can att uverse have no talk or dont know about coverage of the  Rockets and Astros Games next year or the channel it will be on,,, its being  moved to  comcast sports net..... att uverse has to have it.... there are millions of texas people who have uverse who would want to watch the astros and rockets they will be upset and prob cancell Uverse.....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 26, 2012
(0)

jbb7aaa wrote:

texasguy... how can att uverse have no talk or dont know about coverage of the  Rockets and Astros Games next year or the channel it will be on,,, its being  moved to  comcast sports net..... att uverse has to have it.... there are millions of texas people who have uverse who would want to watch the astros and rockets they will be upset and prob cancell Uverse.....

I didn't say that there were no negotiations.  I said that no announcement has been made about carriage.  As far as I know, no TV provider has made an announcement about carriage of Comcast SportsNet Houston.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2012
(0)

jbb7aaa wrote:

AT&T doesn't HAVE to carry any channels but the locals.  There are other channels such as FS San Diego that AT&T does not carry.  I'm sure AT&T is going to be in negotiations to carry this channel, but since it's Comcast owned, expect it to take a while and it may cost more for this channel. 

As for the "millions of Texas people", UVerse ony has about 4.1 million subscribers and they are not all in Texas.  I do happen to live in Texas but I don't root for or watch the Astros or Rockets.  Happen to be a Rangers and Mavs fan.  You are also forgetting about the other Texas BB team the Spurs.  So I seriously doubt that AT&T would lose "millions" of customers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 27, 2012
(0)

jbb7aaa wrote:

AT&T has traditionally been very tight-lipped about upcoming channels and the status of existing negotiations.  There are no doubt many things going on behind the scenes that the public does not know about and will not know about until AT&T decides to make an official announcement.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 28, 2012
(0)
Junior Wizard you said ... Happen to be a Rangers and Mavs fan.  You are also forgetting about the other Texas BB team the Spurs.  So I seriously doubt that AT&T would lose "millions" of customers.

well I live in Houston, so I would want to see the astros and rockets game.... im talking about in houston texas people fans and customers....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 28, 2012
(0)

jbb7aaa wrote:
Junior Wizard you said ... Happen to be a Rangers and Mavs fan.  You are also forgetting about the other Texas BB team the Spurs.  So I seriously doubt that AT&T would lose "millions" of customers.

well I live in Houston, so I would want to see the astros and rockets game.... im talking about in houston texas people fans and customers....

No you said that if AT&T didn't carry the channel that they would lose millions of subscribers.  I doubt they'd lose more than a few thousand at most.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 28, 2012
(0)

WILL ATT UVERSE Add Comcast SportsNet Houston... That channel will carry the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets Next season and I was wanting to see the Games... Does anyone know if ATT UVERSE will add that channel...

Comcast SportsNet Houston

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 29, 2012
(0)

jbb7aaa wrote:

WILL ATT UVERSE Add Comcast SportsNet Houston... That channel will carry the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets Next season and I was wanting to see the Games... Does anyone know if ATT UVERSE will add that channel...

You started a similar thread on July 25 asking the same question, and the answer is still the same. None of us on this forum knows what will happen because we are subscribers to U-Verse just like you.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Rockets-Channel/td-p/3260881

Nothing has changed in four days. If and when it happens all of us on this forum will know at the time it happens.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Re: Comcast SportsNet Houston

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 29, 2012
(0)

well dwinth,, so... i wanted to ask again...you could of said you did not know, and not get into detail....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 29, 2012
(0)

jbb7aaa wrote:

well dwinth,, so... i wanted to ask again...you could of said you did not know, and not get into detail....

The answer is the same one that you were given earlier in this thread.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 24, 2012
(0)

At this point, Comcast has not announced any carriage agreements with any TV providers for the new Comcast SportsNet Houston channel.

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 24, 2012
(0)

I've been wondering about this too.  IMO (WHICH SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS TRUTH), it sounds like Fox Sports Houston will be leaving the airwaves and Comcast Sports net will take their position. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 24, 2012
(0)

Actually, Fox Sports Houston has no plans to discontinue broadcasting:

Fox Sports Houston's partnership with the Rockets ended after the 2011-12 NBA season, and 2012 is their last with the Astros. The following seasons, Comcast SportsNet Houston will begin its reign as the home to both teams. [2] Although losing the Astros and Rockets will be a huge programming loss for Fox Sports Houston, the network has announced it will continue broadcasting after their leave. Fox recently signed the Texas Rangers to a $1.6 billion contract over 20 years thus allowing Fox Sports Houston to continue broadcasting Rangers games in the Houston market. Other programming that the network will broadcast includes Houston Texans-related programming and Big 12 Conference football and basketball. [3] CSN Houston has stated that they do not have plans to broadcast Houston Dynamo games, but will provide coverage of the team on the network's news programs, thus games may remain on FS Houston after the 2012 season.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_Houston#Future

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 1, 2012
(0)

Any update on CSN Houston.  Any rumors of ATT every carrying this channel?  I can't imagine they won't come to some type of agreement with Comcast to carry this channel.  I'd hate to go back to Comcast, but I will if they don't come to an agreement to carry the channel by the time next season rolls around.   I'm hopefull there will be enough pressure from Rockets' fans once their season gets going.  I could care less about the NBA, but not having the Astros by next season will be a deal breaker for me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 7, 2012
(0)

i thought territorial restrictions would prevent Rangers games being broadcast in the Houston market................

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 7, 2012
(0)

billmich wrote:

i thought territorial restrictions would prevent Rangers games being broadcast in the Houston market................

According to the MLB Territory and Blackout Map, all of Texas and Louisiana get both teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MLB_Blackout_Areas.png

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 7, 2012
(0)

billmich wrote:

No, Texas has both the Rangers and Astros as a complete state braodcast area.  Now that the Astros will be in the AL next year I'm wondering if that will change since they will be in the same division.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:

billmich wrote:

No, Texas has both the Rangers and Astros as a complete state braodcast area.  Now that the Astros will be in the AL next year I'm wondering if that will change since they will be in the same division.

I don't know how it is up in Dallas but when both teams are playing at the same time the Astros get priority over the Rangers on FSHouston while the Rangers are shown on FSDallas and San Antonio (although things might be different for SA if the Astros wern't the worst team in the league).

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012
(0)

americangame wrote:
I don't know how it is up in Dallas but when both teams are playing at the same time the Astros get priority over the Rangers on FSHouston while the Rangers are shown on FSDallas and San Antonio (although things might be different for SA if the Astros wern't the worst team in the league).

But the point is that MLB restrictions allow both to be shown all over Texas.  The priorities assigned by the various RSN's is a different issue.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012
(0)

I have spoken to C.S. several times.  They have assured me that they are in negotiations for the comcast sportsnet houston.  Has anyone else heard anything new? Getting worried.  Rockets play tomorrow:smileysurprised:

CSN Houston

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 15, 2012
(0)

AT&T not being up-front?  Switched over from Comcast last month with assurance from ATT sales person I would be able to receive Rocket & Astro broadcasts on U-verse.  He claimed, "they have been broadcast in the past & see no reason why they will stop."   He did not say no reception now, but maybe in the future.  What gives?