Posted Jan 11, 2013
11:53:33 AM
View profile
Boot up to a specific channel?
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:00:06 PM

I would Like to know the same thing.

I had Bright House and they called it a Power on Channel.

I always set it to the music channel I liked so when I turned on the TV the music would come on.

I miss this feature.

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 11, 2013 12:25:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The STBs do not boot up unless you do a soft or hard boot of the device.  When an STB comes out of standby mode it will show the last channel that was being watched.  The same goes for a recorded program also.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Boot up to a specific channel?

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 12:21:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Favorite channel is a good feature that U-verse does not have. Turns on to that channel & goes to that channel on one button press. User sets it in options.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Boot up to a specific channel?

2 of 7 (1,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 11, 2013 12:25:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The STBs do not boot up unless you do a soft or hard boot of the device.  When an STB comes out of standby mode it will show the last channel that was being watched.  The same goes for a recorded program also.

3 of 7 (1,598 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 12:35:49 PM
(0)
Voyager

"The STBs do not boot up unless you do a soft or hard boot of the device.  When an STB comes out of standby mode it will show the last channel that was being watched.  The same goes for a recorded program also."

This previous statement has nothing to do with a power on channel that you can set up to turn the box onto a specific channel when it is powered on.  Also has nothing to do with Favorite channels.  I was requesting they add this feature.  How do I put in a feature request?

4 of 7 (1,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 12:42:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 11, 2013 at 12:43:30 PM

Wow....let's resurrect a 4yo thread!

And where'd Randy disappear to?

[ Edited ]
5 of 7 (1,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 12:48:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Randyl has been gone for a few years now.

6 of 7 (1,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 5:21:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

RCSMG wrote:

Randyl has been gone for a few years now.

Last I heard him and Dante bought the Quik Stop. They would have better buisness but there are two reformed drug dealers hanging outside of it all the time.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

7 of 7 (1,431 Views)