mscelfo's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 12:21 AM

Closed

Blackouts FSN games.

current situation, I live in San Diego and have had uverse since 2007.  We've been able to watch Anaheim Ducks games on both Prime Ticket (1774) and Fox Sports West (1772).  Since Fox Sports San Diego was added (1776), the Ducks games have been shown on 1776 and blacked out on 1774 (rightfully so).  However, tonight, there is a live Padres game scheduled for 7:05PM PST on FSSD (1776).  This means, no Ducks game on FSSD.  The Ducks game is on now 5PM PST - but it is blacked out on Prime Ticket (1774).  This doesn't seem right.  I called customer support and they are useless, I don't even think they know what hockey is. 

anyway, any help here would be greatly appreciated.  I don't expect the game to magically appear tonight - I just want to avoid future similar conflicts.  There is no reason the Ducks hockey game should be blacked out on Prime Ticket when it's not available on Fox Sports San Diego.  Again, to reiterate, I live in San Diego which is considered to be both the Ducks and the Kings market so I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO WATCH THE DUCKS AND THE KINGS GAMES SINCE 2007.  Nothing has changed.  sorry for the rant, just frustrated

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

Did you check the alternate sports channels?

Guru

• 

622 Messages

11 years ago

@americangame wrote:

Did you check the alternate sports channels?

I don't think Fox Sports San Diego has a "Plus" or alternate channel.

As for the original problem, I think it's out of U-Verse's hands - I don't think they can remove the blackout of a Ducks game on another regional sports network just because the San Diego one can't, or won't, show it.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Put your zip code in here and see what it says for your professional sports teams

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

There's a small group of channels called "Sports (HD) Alternate #" where some games are shown when they don't air on the main channel. They're mostly used for college sports programming but sometimes there is professional sports on them.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

mscelfo - How about Over the Air. What channel carries the Ducks games? Enter your zip code in this site to see what you need to receive this channel - http://antennaweb.org/default.aspx

Guru

• 

622 Messages

11 years ago

It looks like it's going to happen again next Wednesday (3/20)

Fox Sports West is airing the Ducks-Blackhawks game live at 7 PM

However, Fox Sports San Diego is airing the Clippers-76ers NBA game live at 7:30 PM

I don't know how far in advance AT&T gets information for the "sports alternate" channels; however, San Francisco's "Comcast SportsNet Plus" has a listing for Saturday 3/23.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

@mscelfo wrote:

current situation, I live in San Diego and have had uverse since 2007.  We've been able to watch Anaheim Ducks games on both Prime Ticket (1774) and Fox Sports West (1772).  Since Fox Sports San Diego was added (1776), the Ducks games have been shown on 1776 and blacked out on 1774 (rightfully so).  However, tonight, there is a live Padres game scheduled for 7:05PM PST on FSSD (1776).  This means, no Ducks game on FSSD.  The Ducks game is on now 5PM PST - but it is blacked out on Prime Ticket (1774).  This doesn't seem right.  I called customer support and they are useless, I don't even think they know what hockey is. 

anyway, any help here would be greatly appreciated.  I don't expect the game to magically appear tonight - I just want to avoid future similar conflicts.  There is no reason the Ducks hockey game should be blacked out on Prime Ticket when it's not available on Fox Sports San Diego.  Again, to reiterate, I live in San Diego which is considered to be both the Ducks and the Kings market so I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO WATCH THE DUCKS AND THE KINGS GAMES SINCE 2007.  Nothing has changed.  sorry for the rant, just frustrated

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Thanks for your post.

I looked into this for everyone on the thread.

We worked it out with FOX Sports to carry this on an ALT channel. The 3/22 Ducks game and the 3/29 Clippers game will be on 694/1694.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Fox Mulder - Belated thanks for jumping in and setting up the full broadcast. I did not see it til now, but it did not impact me. Hope those that need it saw it or at least benefitted from it.
Thanks again.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

Any time my friend!!!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Not only did they blackout the Duck/King game, but they stopped broadcasting the end of the Canadian./Bruin game. I watched two and half periods and then nothing. I had to miss the end of the game which included overtime. Man I can not tell you how much this angers me. I've talked with people who have other services and none of them have the game blacked out. They did this on the last game as well. This is ludicrous to blackout the first LA crosstown rivarly meetup in a playofff in history.

I am extremely upset!!!

For those of you who are in the same boat, you can watch the game on NBC Sports Live Extra:

http://stream.nbcsports.com/nhl/index_nhl-auth.html?pid=15142&referrer=http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

It sucks having to to watch it on my little screen. Something needs to be done now!!!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.