dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2013 7:47 PM

Closed

Big Brother After Dark - No longer on Showtime. It's on TVGN! :(

Smiley Mad Smiley Sad Just found out, for this season of Big Brother, BB After Dark will no longer be on SHO2.  instead it will be carried on the TV Guide Network.  And of course, U-Verse does not carry TVGN.  Now I vividly recall quite a few of the fanboys announcing in the past, that we don't need TVGN, since we already have a "Guide."  Unfortunately more and more programming is coming to TVGN, since CBS bought the channel.  I will do a channel request but for this season, it will do no good as the show starts in in 12 days. Smiley Mad Smiley Sad  That blows, I may have to buy the online access - but will see how the furlough "works" out, at work. Can you tell, I'm mad?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I know how you feel. I was a previous Directv customer. I joined AT&T Uverse because their TV service appeared to be more reliable (e.g. no satellite searches during bad weather) and their price more reasonable than Directv. I was already aware that Uverse did not carry the NFL Sunday Ticket but I was blind sided by the fact that Big Brother After Dark (BBAD) was also going to be a "no show". BBAD forms the foundation for what audiences will see on CBS primetime during the week. Therefore, I have decided to forego watching the Big Brother series this year. If more Big Brother "followers" adopt this attitude CBS and their partners will be forced to return the series back to Showtime, as many of their sponsors depend upon prime time viewers for marketing of their products and services. This is why many day time soap operas (e.g. As the World Turns and Guiding Light) were dropped from CBS. You have to hit them were it hurts, which is in their bank accounts.  

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm very frustrated because for years I didn't have showtime so I got it last year and now I can't watch it. I filled out the reques for the TVGN. Hopefully if enough people request it we will get it

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

It was a stupid move by Viacom to take it off of Showtime who watch's the TVGN .

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Ryan456 wrote:
It was a stupid move by Viacom to take it off of Showtime who watch's the TVGN .

The bigger question is "Who OWNS TVGN?"

...and that would be CBS (and isn't that the network BB is own?  I think it is).

Moving BBAD shouldn't surprise anyone.  After all, Julie Chen is married to the President & CEO of CBS, Les Moonves. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Ryan456 wrote:

Probably more and more folks.  CBS obviously did this to generate more interest in TVGN.  There were two shows, last fall that my wife asked me to record - both were on TVGN.  She was   ---  outta luck.  

CBS could wind up using TVGN as an overflow channel for sporting events when preempted by other programming or vice versa.  Heck, TVGN could be (just speculating, here) easily rebranded as CBS Sports or CBS Plus, much like what FOX is doing with Speed. 

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I am sure lot people watch the channel i had Charter a few years ago they have TVGN the only time i watched it was when the Oscar's or Grammy's had there pre shows i did not watch it that much .

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Ryan456 wrote:
I am sure lot people watch the channel i had Charter a few years ago they have TVGN the only time i watched it was when the Oscar's or Grammy's had there pre shows i did not watch it that much .

Right but CBS recently aquired the network and I bet it won't stay as TVGN for long.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@newcovcust wrote:

I know how you feel. I was a previous Directv customer. I joined AT&T Uverse because their TV service appeared to be more reliable (e.g. no satellite searches during bad weather) and their price more reasonable than Directv. I was already aware that Uverse did not carry the NFL Sunday Ticket but I was blind sided by the fact that Big Brother After Dark (BBAD) was also going to be a "no show". BBAD forms the foundation for what audiences will see on CBS primetime during the week. Therefore, I have decided to forego watching the Big Brother series this year. If more Big Brother "followers" adopt this attitude CBS and their partners will be forced to return the series back to Showtime, as many of their sponsors depend upon prime time viewers for marketing of their products and services. This is why many day time soap operas (e.g. As the World Turns and Guiding Light) were dropped from CBS. You have to hit them were it hurts, which is in their bank accounts.  

I'm sorry, while I occassionally watch BBAD, 95% of the time I was asleep long before it came on.  I'm sure it's also cheaper for CBS to broadcast it on TVGN as opposed to Sho but it doesn't help those that want to watch this year.  I'm also sure ratings may have played a part in it as not everyone has Sho and TVGN is more of a basic cable channel.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@newcovcust wrote:

I'm sorry, while I occassionally watch BBAD, 95% of the time I was asleep long before it came on.  I'm sure it's also cheaper for CBS to broadcast it on TVGN as opposed to Sho but it doesn't help those that want to watch this year.  I'm also sure ratings may have played a part in it as not everyone has Sho and TVGN is more of a basic cable channel.

Yeah but Viacom owns SHO too (no pun intended), so I would think that it would have been cheaper for them to run that instead of movies, where they have to pay residuals..  My wife, who is disabled is up at all hours and was normally awake during the 12 am - 3 am, airing time.  We DVR'd it for fights and their silly games.  I am still deciding on whether or not to pull the trigger on the live feeds.  Especially with my furlough starting next week. Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This sux so bad, i hate not having TVGN just because i have ATT, I really wish they added this channel, I even upgraded to Uverse450 because the saleslady told me it had TVGN (she was talkin about TVG) and she was wrong, it sux to not have the BBAD to watch, it gives so much more insight into the show and now i dont have that 😞 UNLIKE everyone else (all the dish networks and comcast) grrr im so upset about this OH and yes i did fill out survey already....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.