Posted Jun 14, 2013
12:47:27 PM
Big Brother After Dark - No longer on Showtime. It's on TVGN! :(

:smileymad: :smileysad: Just found out, for this season of Big Brother, BB After Dark will no longer be on SHO2.  instead it will be carried on the TV Guide Network.  And of course, U-Verse does not carry TVGN.  Now I vividly recall quite a few of the fanboys announcing in the past, that we don't need TVGN, since we already have a "Guide."  Unfortunately more and more programming is coming to TVGN, since CBS bought the channel.  I will do a channel request but for this season, it will do no good as the show starts in in 12 days. :smileymad: :smileysad:  That blows, I may have to buy the online access - but will see how the furlough "works" out, at work. Can you tell, I'm mad?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Big Brother After Dark - No longer on Showtime. It's on TVGN! :(

42 replies
(11) Me too
(11) Me too
Replies
(42)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 14, 2013 8:21:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I only occasionally watch BB After Dark as I'm typically sound asleep when it's on.  Not sure what CBS is doing moving it yo TVGN but IMO it's a dumb move.  Unless they are trying to make people pay for the streaming feed. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Big Brother After Dark - No longer on Showtime. It's on TVGN! :(

2 of 43 (44,594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 14, 2013 9:39:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

I only occasionally watch BB After Dark as I'm typically sound asleep when it's on.  Not sure what CBS is doing moving it yo TVGN but IMO it's a dumb move.  Unless they are trying to make people pay for the streaming feed. 

CBS now owns TVGN, so they must be trying to increase the channel's content.  They also have streaming content, so BBAD may be available online, there too.  I also now wonder if Showtime paid CBS for BBAD or vice versa?

My wife (who is disabled and a night owl) watched BBAD a lot plus we recorded it nightly, in case there was good stuff (i.e. the whole "and that's what she said" schtick from the producers, 2 yaers ago)..  I will miss BBAD and that is omne reason that I went with U300, back in 2008.

3 of 43 (44,575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 15, 2013 4:14:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

CBS now owns TVGN, so they must be trying to increase the channel's content.  They also have streaming content, so BBAD may be available online, there too.  I also now wonder if Showtime paid CBS for BBAD or vice versa?

My wife (who is disabled and a night owl) watched BBAD a lot plus we recorded it nightly, in case there was good stuff (i.e. the whole "and that's what she said" schtick from the producers, 2 yaers ago)..  I will miss BBAD and that is omne reason that I went with U300, back in 2008.

CBS owns Showtime as well. 

Personally, I don't think I want to watch BBAD if it's on "basic cable" because it will likely be censored. I don't need to hear "bleeps" or silence anytime the houseguests curse, which if history is correct, will be frequently.

4 of 43 (44,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 16, 2013 12:03:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

What do we have to do to get TVGN on Uverse.  I NEED MY Big Brother After Dark, and I don't want to be in the 15% of the US that doesn't get to watch it.  HELP

Need TVGN on UVerse to watch Big Brother After Dark this summer

5 of 43 (44,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 16, 2013 6:43:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
I've been holding off until after summer to downgrade my Uverse package. I enjoy recording BBAD. Guess there is nothing holding me back now.

Re: Need TVGN on UVerse to watch Big Brother After Dark this summer

6 of 43 (44,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 18, 2013 11:12:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

HutchinsPhoto wrote:

What do we have to do to get TVGN on Uverse.  I NEED MY Big Brother After Dark, and I don't want to be in the 15% of the US that doesn't get to watch it.  HELP

Pray?  You could use the Channel Request website - see this thread.  But good luck, folks have most likely requested RFD and Hallmark but AT&T hasn't given us any love.

7 of 43 (44,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 18, 2013 12:35:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

Please click and fill out, and post to any BB sites you can!

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

8 of 43 (44,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 18, 2013 12:38:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

please report the need for the channel TVGN on the "Other" line!  :smileyhappy:

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

9 of 43 (44,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 23, 2013 5:29:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

"I may have to buy the online access" - what does that mean?  Do you mean you can purchase After Dark online from CBS?  If so, will my wife and I be able to watch it on our separate computers and/or tablets?

Thanks!

10 of 43 (43,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 23, 2013 6:01:56 PM
(0)
Scholar
TVGuide and CBS are part of Viacom so i guess when the contracts come up again the channel can be added same way Uverse struck the deal with Disney/ESPN to that add Disney Junior .

11 of 43 (43,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 24, 2013 10:48:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Big Brother After dark simply shows one camera feed of the 4 feeds being shown on the online stream (the 'live feeds').  You can get the live feeds for under 30 dollars for the entire season and then watch them via your computer, tablet, and smart phones. 

Sucks that TVGN is not on ATT uvers but by signing up you can still see the feeds - and there is a DVR like feature that allows you to go back to any point - so you can get up in the morning and re-watch what went on while you slept.

Hope that helps!

12 of 43 (43,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 26, 2013 7:05:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
I cant believe that I cant watch bbad. This is one reason I switched from dish...they kept losing or threatened of using some of my fav shows. Now I have to do through this crap with att. :'( .

13 of 43 (41,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2013 7:20:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

swtjewelly wrote:
I cant believe that I cant watch bbad. This is one reason I switched from dish...they kept losing or threatened of using some of my fav shows. Now I have to do through this crap with att. :'( .

Your blame shouldn't lie with AT&T it should be with Viacom. They own all three channels Big Brother airs on (CBS, SHowtime, and TVGN. This year they decided to show bbad on TVGN instead of Showtime like they have in previous years.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

14 of 43 (39,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2013 7:56:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If people would do their HOMEWORK, they would find out that TV Guide Network is ONLY on Dish and DirectTV.

....oh wait, they said that at the end of Big Brother.  :smileyfrustrated:

15 of 43 (39,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2013 8:50:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by americangame on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:50:59 AM

skeeterintexas wrote:

If people would do their HOMEWORK, they would find out that TV Guide Network is ONLY on Dish and DirectTV.

Actually it's available on a lot of cable companies as well. Comcast in Houston has it.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

[ Edited ]
16 of 43 (39,294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2013 11:07:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jun 27, 2013 at 11:12:52 AM

americangame wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

Actually it's available on a lot of cable companies as well. Comcast in Houston has it.

I stand corrected.

I was just going by what Julie Chen (??) said last night:

"Watch Big Brother After Dark on the TV Guide Channel, available on Dish & Direct TV."

[ Edited ]
17 of 43 (39,163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2013 4:44:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:46:34 PM

skeeterintexas wrote:

americangame wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

I stand corrected.

I was just going by what Julie Chen (??) said last night:

"Watch Big Brother After Dark on the TV Guide Channel, available on Dish & Direct TV."

skeeter: That by Julie was what I call advertising for the two DBS companies.  TVGN is available on all TV providers in Central Indiana, except for U-Verse.  I checked TVGN's web site and BBAD is not available on demand / online.  We will try the 48 hour free trial of the BB streams.  

Americangame - I do blame CBS/Viacom but I bet that TVGN will carry more unique programming with CBS's involvement, so AT&T should investigate carrying it.  BUT, I'm not holding my breath. :smileysad:

[ Edited ]
18 of 43 (38,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 28, 2013 8:06:37 AM
(0)
Scholar
There is lot customers requesting TVGN on Facebook and here it would not surprise to see this channel added at some point .

19 of 43 (38,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 28, 2013 9:53:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ryan456 wrote:
There is lot customers requesting TVGN on Facebook and here it would not surprise to see this channel added at some point .

Right but probably not in time for this season of Big Brother.  Again, I do blame CBS/Viacom but the BBAD move was announced 3 months ago (apparently), so AT&T could have done something before now.

20 of 43 (38,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 4:36:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I know how you feel. I was a previous Directv customer. I joined AT&T Uverse because their TV service appeared to be more reliable (e.g. no satellite searches during bad weather) and their price more reasonable than Directv. I was already aware that Uverse did not carry the NFL Sunday Ticket but I was blind sided by the fact that Big Brother After Dark (BBAD) was also going to be a "no show". BBAD forms the foundation for what audiences will see on CBS primetime during the week. Therefore, I have decided to forego watching the Big Brother series this year. If more Big Brother "followers" adopt this attitude CBS and their partners will be forced to return the series back to Showtime, as many of their sponsors depend upon prime time viewers for marketing of their products and services. This is why many day time soap operas (e.g. As the World Turns and Guiding Light) were dropped from CBS. You have to hit them were it hurts, which is in their bank accounts.  

21 of 43 (36,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 5:29:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm very frustrated because for years I didn't have showtime so I got it last year and now I can't watch it. I filled out the reques for the TVGN. Hopefully if enough people request it we will get it

22 of 43 (36,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 7:52:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
It was a stupid move by Viacom to take it off of Showtime who watch's the TVGN .

23 of 43 (35,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 8:03:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ryan456 wrote:
It was a stupid move by Viacom to take it off of Showtime who watch's the TVGN .

The bigger question is "Who OWNS TVGN?"

...and that would be CBS (and isn't that the network BB is own?  I think it is).

Moving BBAD shouldn't surprise anyone.  After all, Julie Chen is married to the President & CEO of CBS, Les Moonves. 

24 of 43 (35,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 8:10:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:12:10 AM

Ryan456 wrote:

Probably more and more folks.  CBS obviously did this to generate more interest in TVGN.  There were two shows, last fall that my wife asked me to record - both were on TVGN.  She was   ---  outta luck.  

CBS could wind up using TVGN as an overflow channel for sporting events when preempted by other programming or vice versa.  Heck, TVGN could be (just speculating, here) easily rebranded as CBS Sports or CBS Plus, much like what FOX is doing with Speed. 

[ Edited ]
25 of 43 (35,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 10:18:43 AM
(0)
Scholar
I am sure lot people watch the channel i had Charter a few years ago they have TVGN the only time i watched it was when the Oscar's or Grammy's had there pre shows i did not watch it that much .

26 of 43 (35,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 10:37:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ryan456 wrote:
I am sure lot people watch the channel i had Charter a few years ago they have TVGN the only time i watched it was when the Oscar's or Grammy's had there pre shows i did not watch it that much .

Right but CBS recently aquired the network and I bet it won't stay as TVGN for long.

27 of 43 (35,885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 3, 2013 7:39:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

newcovcust wrote:

I know how you feel. I was a previous Directv customer. I joined AT&T Uverse because their TV service appeared to be more reliable (e.g. no satellite searches during bad weather) and their price more reasonable than Directv. I was already aware that Uverse did not carry the NFL Sunday Ticket but I was blind sided by the fact that Big Brother After Dark (BBAD) was also going to be a "no show". BBAD forms the foundation for what audiences will see on CBS primetime during the week. Therefore, I have decided to forego watching the Big Brother series this year. If more Big Brother "followers" adopt this attitude CBS and their partners will be forced to return the series back to Showtime, as many of their sponsors depend upon prime time viewers for marketing of their products and services. This is why many day time soap operas (e.g. As the World Turns and Guiding Light) were dropped from CBS. You have to hit them were it hurts, which is in their bank accounts.  

I'm sorry, while I occassionally watch BBAD, 95% of the time I was asleep long before it came on.  I'm sure it's also cheaper for CBS to broadcast it on TVGN as opposed to Sho but it doesn't help those that want to watch this year.  I'm also sure ratings may have played a part in it as not everyone has Sho and TVGN is more of a basic cable channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

28 of 43 (34,314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 3, 2013 8:30:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jul 3, 2013 at 8:32:19 PM

oufanindallas wrote:

newcovcust wrote:

I'm sorry, while I occassionally watch BBAD, 95% of the time I was asleep long before it came on.  I'm sure it's also cheaper for CBS to broadcast it on TVGN as opposed to Sho but it doesn't help those that want to watch this year.  I'm also sure ratings may have played a part in it as not everyone has Sho and TVGN is more of a basic cable channel.

Yeah but Viacom owns SHO too (no pun intended), so I would think that it would have been cheaper for them to run that instead of movies, where they have to pay residuals..  My wife, who is disabled is up at all hours and was normally awake during the 12 am - 3 am, airing time.  We DVR'd it for fights and their silly games.  I am still deciding on whether or not to pull the trigger on the live feeds.  Especially with my furlough starting next week. :smileysad:

[ Edited ]
29 of 43 (34,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 15, 2013 5:29:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

This sux so bad, i hate not having TVGN just because i have ATT, I really wish they added this channel, I even upgraded to Uverse450 because the saleslady told me it had TVGN (she was talkin about TVG) and she was wrong, it sux to not have the BBAD to watch, it gives so much more insight into the show and now i dont have that :smileysad: UNLIKE everyone else (all the dish networks and comcast) grrr im so upset about this OH and yes i did fill out survey already....

30 of 43 (28,047 Views)