Need help with your equipment?
texgeekboy's profile

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 1:11 PM

Always getting logged out of the Uverse site

I am using Firefox 18 on Win7x64 SP1, so I am on a very current level.  I have cookies enabled.  No matter what I do with checking the 'keep me logged in' and pressing the 'yes I really mean it' button on the following popup, I will ALWAYS have to log in again.

Frankly, even the idea about this whole issue is annoying.  It's just a stupid site to control your TV and DVR, not a banking site.

In any case, this is the most frustrating thing about Uverse.

BTW, I'm a computer profesional with 30 years experience, and I write interactive applications like the Uverse site.

IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD!!!Smiley Mad

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Well, the problem went away, but not sure exactly what one thing may have solved it. Perhaps it was the URL I was using. The one that works is

http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/

I think the one that caused the problems wasn't exactly like that. However, at one point whatever URL I did have did allow me to reconnect without logging in.

Thanks for the help.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Which site?  This one, yahoo?  You mention to control your DVR so I assume it's the yahoo site.  Mine stays logged in but if I access it from work sometimes it asks me for my credentials at work and then again when I get home.  Rare though.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

First thing that comes to mind, is a Internet security or anti-malware program flushing the cookies. Does it happen to any other site that you have to log into, and stay logged into, say this site, or say a forum that you visit, or even Facebook if you use it?

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

The site I want to log into is

http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/

Sorry I didn't make that clear in the OP.

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

This is for a computer at work, and the IT group may have the settings a bit too stringent.  They have Kaspersky installed on it.

Thanks for the reply.

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

If I log into the Uverse site, then on that tab go to another site, then go back to Uverse, I don't have to log back in.  However, if I close Firefox, then reopen to go to Uverse, I have to log back in.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to do this on my home PC, which is also Win7X64 SP1 with the latest Firefox.  There, I use NAV.

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

11 years ago

@texgeekboy wrote:

If I log into the Uverse site, then on that tab go to another site, then go back to Uverse, I don't have to log back in.  However, if I close Firefox, then reopen to go to Uverse, I have to log back in.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to do this on my home PC, which is also Win7X64 SP1 with the latest Firefox.  There, I use NAV.

Sounds like a cookie problem to me.  Maybe Kaspersky is clearing Yahoo's cookies for some reason, or maybe Firefox is.  You could try IE or Chrome with their default settings and see if that works.  Or look at Firefox's cookies after logging in, then again after restarting FF; that should tell you if the cookies are getting deleted.  Are your cookies set to keep until they expire or until you close FF? 

Do you have any cookie-related add-ons in Firefox?  If so, try disabling them, or start FF in safe mode.

--

oobleck

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the note oobleck.  I think it's a cookie problem too.  It turns out that I have to login each time on my home PC too.  So it's not Kaspersky of NAV, but probably something with Firefox.

I have very few addons in Firefox, and as far as I can tell none of them are cookie related.

I have FF set to keep cookies, and for third party sites to ask me.  Any cookie request that comes up for the AT&T Uverse site, I tell it to keep it.  I've looked at all cookies, and I have none blocked that would seem to pertain to AT&T or yahoo.

I've tried Chrome and I don't like it at all.  I used IE8, but it's old and doesn't support all the new sites.  I don't like IE9 at all, so I went to FF.  At work I'm on Linux all day, so I use FF there.  I'm pretty sure I don't get logged out there, but since there's no AV stuff running, it may not be a valid compare (even though I don't think it's AV at this point).

I may just clear all cookies, and start it fresh and see what happens.

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

11 years ago

Glad it's working now.  Maybe clearing the cookies did the trick.

--

oobleck

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.