Knips178's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 5:25 PM

Adhoc PIP?

I was watching the State of the Union last night and wondered if there was a good way to do an impromptu PIP so I could watch and listen to Obama while watching my BlackHawks....(lose in a shootout)....at the same time.  The best I could come up with was adding both channels to my Favorites and using My Multiview.  Is there a better way?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

That's about it thru the Uverse box.  If you can get one of the programs using an "over the air" antenna as an input on your TV you might be able to do it that way.  One PIP from the OTA sourse and the other from the Uverse box.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Knips178 - No, simple ad-hoc PIP does not exist. You mention the more complex, less usable feature that is available.

By chance, do you have a PIP TV? If you do, and you only do this infrequently, you could connect from an STB in another room to have two pictures on the same TV.

Be warned it is addictive & escalates.

I started with my main Panasonic 50 & added an old Sharp 20.

Then my son did not want to keep his Samsung 32, so I replaced the Sharp with the Samsung.

When the IP remote apps became available, I brought the Sharp back. See my avatar. Of course, this requires three STBs.

A Toshiba 50 caught my eye at Costco for only $650. Now I do not have to swap pictures, just the mute.

The icing on the cake is the Mac mini ( with wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse) is also connected to the Panasonic.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hmm, that's not what I was hoping to hear.  Guess I'll be using the last button a lot.

Thanks

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Knips178 - If you want to use the last button - set the most important show to Record & last between the one live show & the recording. Of course, you have to FF through the commercials, but you will not miss anything. Also, it helps to have another TV to know when the live show comes back.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.