03-02-2012 09:19:51 AM
Hey all! I'm a new uVerse customer with the Motorola NVG510. The modem is connected directly to my PC with an ethernet cable and I never lose internet connection. I can connect to the wireless with out issue if it is freshly reset but at random times my Droid, my girlfriends iPhone and wireless Blu-Ray can no longer connect wirelessly until it's reset (pull the power cord)
By default the Modem uses IPv6 which I thought could be part of the problem so I turned off IPv6 on the modem config screen which still allows me to connect to the wireless but I still have the intermittent wireless connection issue. The current firmware is 9.0.6 and can't find anything newer after checking Motorola's web site. Also, the connection method is wireless B, G and N.
Has anyone ever seen or heard of this issue before?
09-25-2012 09:31:57 AM
I am having the exact same issue. All wireless clients are dropped several times a day. Only solution so far is to reset the nvg510 (sometimes multiple times) to get the wireless clients going again. Everything that is hard wired via ethernet cables seem to have no problem. Sometimes the Wi-fi setup light is blinking red when I have the issue.
10-20-2012 11:56:53 AM
I have the same issue with loss of wireless connectivity to my 3801HGV. Only work-around I've found is to reset the RG. Wish I knew what was causing the issue so that I didn't have to reseort to manually restarting to fix it.
11-13-2012 06:21:18 PM
I am experiencing the same issues as well. My setup is 3 AirPort Express Devices an Android Tablet, several Android Smartphones. All go down at pretty much the same time, they will come back up for a few seconds to a minute then down again until I re-start the NVG510 by pulling the power to the unit. Once restarted, I am good for hours or sometimes even a few days. I have tried using channels 1, 3, 7, 9, 10 and 11, along with the auto function. I have changed from 20mhz bandwidth to 40mhz which brought the most luck. I have enabled and disabled ipv 6 with no change. I am using WPA/WPA2 (AES) there are a few (no more than 5) wireless clients in my area. I went from a stand alone router with wifi to this unit. I never experienced these problems before. The issue happens on both wireless G and N devices. Due to the prior applications not having this problem I have ruled out interference.
One note, when the wireless drops on the Smartphone, it shows them connected at times indicating no data being passed but connected. I don't know if this will be resolved with a Firmware upgrade or a Hardware swap, but I need this resolved soon.