Need help with your equipment?
docbombay's profile

Guru

• 

1K Messages

Thursday, December 18th, 2014 11:24 PM

AT&T Yahoo Home Page Issues

Since I got a new NVG589 recently, I noticed that Safari seemed to load pages slowly, incompletely or not at all.  So, being not-so-technical, I used Google to try to diagnose the trouble.  Long story short, I found Namebench and tried a few new combinations of DNS servers.  When that made no difference, I tried disabling DNS prefetching on my iMac desktop.  Also no difference.  So I played around for a while, trying to see if there was a pattern.  Sure enough, the AT&T Yahoo Home Page was the common denominator--it almost always had problems opening in multiple browsers.  As an aside, it would not retain my location for weather despite repeated correction in settings.  Certain pages from the menu bar (notably GMail and Google Maps) would fail to open.  But any bookmarked pages would open normally.  So I tried an experiment and simply changed my homepage.  Voila, success--no more page loading problems so far.  So I can only conclude that the AT&T Yahoo Home Page is somehow messed up and the RG seems fine.

I am posting this to see if any others have had similar problems, and what their solutions might have been; also to see if anyone is aware of any known problems with the home page.  My simple fix is working well for me, but I'm really just curious about the observations and ideas of others.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yahoo! site has been messed up for a while. I have tried for 3 days to correct some settings in my att.net email and the settings will NOT save. Plus, since Christmas, EVERYONE is on the internet, especially in the afternoon and evenings. Try 4AM and see what happens.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.